Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Coming to SJC / San Jose

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Hi,

I've just noticed (based on seatguru) that the A340-300 (the plane for SJC-FRA flights in the summer) has the old business seats (angled flat seats).

Is that true? I though LH got rid of these old seats and all business seats are 180 degrees flat (I've been flying so far to/from SFO, so it was the A380 business seats).
While the planes flying to SJC will not have the old "angled flat" business seats, you are right in that they will be different than the A343s you are used to.

As was said further up in this thread, they are planning to operate the SJC route with "CityLine" A343s, so the business cabin is only 3 rows (18 seats).

Here's the seat map:http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/P..._946187575.PDF

Same lie-flat seats, though. ^
Old May 27, 2016, 10:10 pm

Just noticed that this route was pushed back 6 weeks or so and I'll now be on the inaugural flight July 1st. If you see a miserable looking guy with two year old twins, say what's up to a fellow FTer.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:11 pm

slack455, let me know how it goes. Just booked 4 award seats for this flight in August (also with 2 kids, one of whom is 2). Still have doubts but there is plenty of availability on this route now.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Y product to SJC different than LH to SFO?

Hi I am looking at booking this or SFO for my parents in Y. Does it make a difference?

Last edited by FTLexMUC; Jul 28, 2016 at 3:46 pm
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Hi I am looking at booking this or SFO for my parents in Y. Does it make a difference?
FRA-SFO is flown with an A380 SJC obviously not. I have never been on either aircraft in Y so I cannot on the product itself. I would decide based on destination (on a weekday it can be a pain to get from SJC to the city), schedule and price.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:17 am

flew this flight yesterday, FRA-SJC in the back of the bus. I don't think I will take this flight again unless I pay up for business class or get the upgrade. it's 12 hours in a sardine can....not so fun.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JackInThePlane
flew this flight yesterday, FRA-SJC in the back of the bus. I don't think I will take this flight again unless I pay up for business class or get the upgrade. it's 12 hours in a sardine can....not so fun.
Thanks. That is helpful
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:32 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Thanks. That is helpful
Overall LH gets very grood grades for soft service (including my endorsement). Hard product in Y, not so much ...

In fact LH Y reviews were enough to get me to change my one stop reward PRG-FRA-DFW to PRG-ZRH-IAD-DFW to be able to take advantage of E+ over 12 hour coach flight on LH.

And yes, service on UA was subpar on an old beatup plane, but I got what I wanted - not have my knees crushed (I am 6' 2")
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well it's not the cities right, it's just being in the back on a long flight?

Though less space than E+?

No lounge in SJC for *A Golds, I believe.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I flew LH488 FRA-SJC on 29JUL16. I was in C (United GPU), and was pretty happy: excellent crew, food was decent (lunch on arrival was a bit less appealing), seat/bed was comfortable, etc. C was about half full, premium economy and Y seemed to be very full based on what I saw and the arrival queues.

I haven't been in Y on a LH 343 in years, but I've been OK in the 744s in the past.

All in all a very convenient flight for me and I would take it again - the timing into SJC is a bit unusual since it necessitates a very early European departure if connecting at FRA, but on the other hand, was nice to be home by 2:15pm.

Originally Posted by wco81
No lounge in SJC for *A Golds, I believe.
I haven't flown outbound on LH yet but I'd be surprised if they were not allowing *G into The Club at SJC, which NH and BA both use and invite status pax into (as well as Business/First pax).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by ajnz
I

I haven't flown outbound on LH yet but I'd be surprised if they were not allowing *G into The Club at SJC, which NH and BA both use and invite status pax into (as well as Business/First pax).
I haven't flown international out of SJC ever, though I'm 10 miles away.

But I did fly on a business class DL award ticket, SJC-LAX-SYD-AKL in February and the checkin agent said no lounge access.

Looking at their site, it looks like you have to purchase a Day Pass for $40.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by wco81
But I did fly on a business class DL award ticket, SJC-LAX-SYD-AKL in February and the checkin agent said no lounge access.
Irrelevant for the OP's question as this was DL. LH uses The Club at SJC as their lounge for HON, SEN and C class.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:57 am

Lounge in SJC

Hi,

I'm about to fly from SJC with LH business class next week. I've just noticed that LH flies from Terminal B and the only Club lounge is in terminal A. Does that mean that there is no lounge access for business flyers? That really sounds weird. Same goes for British Airlines (Terminal B).

I've been flying all over the world, I've never seen an LH or BA business flight with no lounge access.

Am I missing something?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
The LH Lounge finder shows "The Club at SJC" Terminal A, opposite of Gate 15 as the lounge for business class passengers.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:38 pm

So Terminal A and B are connected? Don't we have to go through security again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.