Lufthansa 747-8 J or Austrian 767 J

Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope, on OS & TK these are Do&Co employees who are on different terms (layover, salary pay scales etc) and have different functions than FAs.
in my experience on OS and TK they arent any more, or less, nice than the FAs...and for what its supposed to mean to be a "chef" im sure theyre not sauteeing the meat and whisking up the bechamel back there in the galley... its a play on peoples imagination more than anything
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They are cooks by trade and only have minimal training in terms of doing safety stuff, for example. The TK 'chefs' have shorter layovers (they fly back the next flight, whereas FAs get longer rest on certain sectors) etc.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They are cooks by trade and only have minimal training in terms of doing safety stuff, for example. The TK 'chefs' have shorter layovers (they fly back the next flight, whereas FAs get longer rest on certain sectors) etc.
That sound very promising... but I wonder how their experience can help since they are (AFAIK) very limited in stuff that they can do in the galley, ie. only heat meals up and maybe arrange them on a plate + ask if you want some fresh ground pepper
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Bumping this thread, having just flown SEA-FRA on LH (744 upper deck) and VIE-IAD on OS (763), both in business. Here's where I would give the edge:

LH:
Seat comfort
Good opportunity to fly 747, if that has any appeal
PreCheck (won't appear on home-printed boarding passes, but can be added at counter when checking bags)

Catering (It's not even close.)
Soft product
IFE
Lighting
VIE much easier to navigate than FRA
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
LH:
Seat comfort
I'd disagree on that one. Find the OS(LX) seat much more comfortable. On LH (no difference whether 744 or 748) I just couldn't sleep, while on OS (or LX, for that matter) no problem getting 5+ hours of proper sleep.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
I'd disagree on that one. Find the OS(LX) seat much more comfortable. On LH (no difference whether 744 or 748) I just couldn't sleep, while on OS (or LX, for that matter) no problem getting 5+ hours of proper sleep.
On a OS 763, the seat seems to 'fight' against just reclining the back. The LH seat, OTOH, seemed to me to be much more liberal in 'other-than-lie flat' configurations. But this is admittedly a very small point, and I couldn't see myself making a routing / airline decision based on this aspect alone.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on the misaligned window seats in OS J. I see that 7A and 7k have a misaligned window, thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: M&M SEN
OS' OE-LAW aircraft has the window missing in row 7. I do recall there are other aircraft out there where window is missing at row 6. It is still possible to lean forward and glance out of the other window but slightly cumbersome.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davidcito
OS' OE-LAW aircraft has the window missing in row 7. I do recall there are other aircraft out there where window is missing at row 6. It is still possible to lean forward and glance out of the other window but slightly cumbersome.
So it is just that one specific aircraft that has the misaligned window at 7? All others are at 6? Maybe I can cross my fingers and hope not to get that bird.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So it is just that one specific aircraft that has the misaligned window at 7? All others are at 6? Maybe I can cross my fingers and hope not to get that bird.
Godspeed!
Hope this won't turn out according to Murphy.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over the past week OE-LAW has made an appearance once on the IAD-VIE flight I am taking. Really hoping it won't be coming back to IAD anytime soon. Are you saying that row 7 only has a misaligned window on OE-LAW?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Here's the interior view of the bird (albeit with a seat config that is not reflecting current one as they added Premium Eco). https://walkinto.in/tour/bkukkd8jNfb...oeing_767__EN_

There are 4 767 with the same configuration (window missing in row 6) and 2 with slightly different ones (window missing in row 7). I have always had a hard time telling which one is which, but OE-LAW for sure has window missing in row 7
SkyTeam777 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.