Wiki Posts
Search

Drunken passengers on LOT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Drunken passengers on LOT

Flew to Warsaw on LOT via Aeroplan ticket.

Going down the jetway I knew there was going to be good times when one of the passengers was running with his luggage (during preboarding) screaming HEY WAIT UP WAIT FOR MEEEEEE. I passed then one of the others in this group looking for her boarding pass. Third person a woman screaming J____ LOST HER BOARDING PASS. The drunk runner shouted back (everyone is just a few feet away now, it's just drunk people not aware of how loud they are) YOU DON'T NEED THE BOARDING PASS JUST THE LITTLE STUB. Then of course everyone laughed AHAHAHAHAAHHAAH.

On the plane I went to the purser and said that this group was coming on very drunk and to please be aware of what was going to be served to them.

Seems that none of them had been in business class before, their company gave them this as an award of some sort. They were scattered through the cabin. During loading there was fascination with the seats as everyone put their seat bed flat and shouted to the others HEY LOOK IT AT THIS. Then out came the cameras and a round of photos of everyone holding their champagne laying flat. Ongoing lound drunk shouting and laughing.

Complete lack of awareness of other passengers.

One of the guys returns to his flattened seat and proceeds to sit on it backwards, leaning against the TV set and putting his feet up on the upper body area with his shoes on it.

At that point I just leaned over and said, "Dude, that's not cool. The next passenger is going to sleep on that chair and their hands and face are going to be where your dirty shoes are." Guy gave me the evil look for interfering in his fun. WELL WHERE DO MY SHOES GO? I said, in the slot there in front of the seat. So, at least the shoes came off but he didn't quite get that it's not going to be cool for another passenger to be curling up where he's keeping his feet shoes on or off.

One of this group was sitting next to me and apologized for them (hahaha my workmates hahaha I have to work with these jerks hahaha). And I just said, "Well, I hope you guys are going to sleep because these are expensive seats and we have an overnight flight and that's why most of us are here." She assured they would.

I passed on dinner, earplugs in, noise canceling headphones in, sleep meds. My seatmate and the guy on the other side of the aisle kept up an ongoing hahaha blah blah blah hahaha loud drunken conversation. At some point I rose up and just reminded to my seatmate, "It's an overnight flight, if you don't mind keeping it down a bit I'd appreciate it so I can sleep." Didn't say stop talking, didn't say do anything, just asked please modulate the volume and be aware of the situation.

Drunken backwards shoes on the chair sitter started screaming at me, REALLY???? REALLLY??????? Like it was the most insane request in the world. I said yeah really. Guy screamed at me, "YOU'RE A .........!" and I just said OK, I gotta call the purser.

Called him back over, my seatmate, his less drunk friend started apologizing as fast as she could for the guy and I just said I wasn't going to take threats and insults from a drunken guy and I'd have to involve the purser because if he couldn't get himself under control they'd make a decision about landing and getting him off.

Purser came, I explained the situation, woman apologized for "Mr. ........." said they'd be quiet, he nodded and that was the end of the problem.

So... goes back to the kinds of crap that FA have to handle and service directors. Probably more often than not and the most extreme cases end up on the ground and in the newspapers where we read about them.

Afterwards the purser apologized several times for the situation and said that they never see this kind of aggression from Polish people on board (this was a group of Americans). I said it was just their first time on business class, treated it like a trip to the amusement park, drank too much, and have no idea of the costs of being there.

No moral here. Just another day flying.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yikes. Sounds awful. Awful. Awful.

I remember flying LO years ago YYZ WAW when someone returning home got so drunk and peed his pants. That was really disgusting.

Otherwise my only other bad drunken experience was with an oil rig worker (sitting in the pod in front) on FRA YYC who was really annoying to the point that the purser gave him a stern warning about diversion. Saw the guy a few more times on the same route and he seemed fine though I was thankful I was sitting far away from him!!

Also saw someone CPH WAW in August who was so drunk he could hardly deplane and was swearing in Polish. Flight was 8:00 am.

Oh and flew out of BRS on a Saturday at 6:00 am this summer. Yikes!!!!! Even the lounge was a drinking chamber. Awful!!!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just had two great experiences YYZ-WAW-YYZ. On the way there we had 3 babies in J (I left my 3 year old at home so we were looking forward to a break!) but they were well behaved (one couple bought 2 J seats for their 2 12-month olds - so they had their own beds!).

Too bad about the disruption given the great soft and hard product LO has on this plane. I almost would have escalated the warning/concerns to purser earlier in the flight... loud talking on overnight flight = no no in J.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@nihonto. Eeek and disgusting.

Drunk. And stupid. While Flying. They are everywhere, even in J.

Although not business class, this would be No Class

"Six women flying to Barcelona on a hen party kicked off easyJet plane at Gatwick for being 'too drunk to fly' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...drunk-fly.html

(I posted yesterday in the Forum Lounge thread)
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
I hope those louts didn't upset any of the lap infants!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Oh and flew out of BRS on a Saturday at 6:00 am this summer. Yikes!!!!! Even the lounge was a drinking chamber. Awful!!!
Protip: I would avoid flying out of BRS. It's "the airport of the southwest", and is always full of drunken lads on stags headed to BRU, AMS, etc. It's worth the extra 1 hr to LHR for me...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As this is not and Air Canada matter it's been relocated to the LOT forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:48 am

@nihonto: please PM me with flight number and date.

Thank you.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
All I want to know is who other than a teenager or an unreformed 1960s hippie calls someone out with "Dude, that's not cool"?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus
All I want to know is who other than a teenager or an unreformed 1960s hippie calls someone out with "Dude, that's not cool"?
Who cares how (s)he said it/what (s)he said? It is actually brave enough to speak up, most people will just try to ignore the disrupting passengers and hate themselves for not being brave enough for standing their ground...

Same here, full J cabin and only one pax complains to the purser? What is wrong with people nowadays?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE
They should never have been allowed to board. Did you see how they were acting at the gate?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
To the OP - I feel with you. Even if these drunkards get busted, someone will bail them out. Most likely even with tax money.
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Do Hippies get reformed or can they be reformed? I thought that they just die off from THC overdoses, so that the hardened surviving specimen population can now safely consume the substance, making them some kind of advisor.

But you are right, the lack of special characters, Caps Lock, and the actual use of commas identifies the user of such phrases as a person of 25 years or older.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by weero
But you are right, the lack of special characters, Caps Lock, and the actual use of commas identifies the user of such phrases as a person of 25 years or older.
^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by zorn
I hope those louts didn't upset any of the lap infants!
^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yes, I saw how they were in the jetway. The last one was behind two women and he went running down the jetway screaming HEY WAIT FOR MEEEE.

Caught up to one of the other women who was in a panic because she couldn't find her boarding pass (i.e. they just took the boarding pass when we passed the gate and gave her her tag, she just had the tag but didn't understand the boarding pass situation). Third woman was screaming something I didn't quite get. Third guy screaming YOU DON'T NEED THE WHOLE THING JUST THE STUB.

Not scream screaming, but in the drunk person talking way too loudly because they lost the ability to detect the fact that they're way over decibel.

The first thing I did was to warn the purser coming on what I was seeing and suggested that they check behavior before dishing out drinks because the champagne went out to them right away.

Then it was instagram time and play with the seats time and sit backwards time.

The same guy who got threatening with me was the guy who was sitting backwards on the chair with his shoes in the upper body area. I put the terms he used into my report here but Flyertalk surpressed it.

It was an Aeroplan ticket so it's is OK in the Aeroplan forum, but mod didn't want it there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.