Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Irreg handling for 02SEP022 VC Pilot strike [split off from VC thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Irreg handling for 02SEP022 VC Pilot strike [split off from VC thread]

oh lovely. My FRA-DEL is going to get hit by this. Can I check in in SFO and ask them to just put me on EK First to DEL instead? Or am I going to be re-accommodated out of FRA? I'm upgraded into F (UA plus points), so I guess i'm losing the F when re-routed as well.

I can afford a bit of delay arriving into DEL (ideally < 12 hours but can handle 24-26 hours if need be) - what's my best course of action here? Currently planning to just sit tight and see what transpires, but if I can explicitly request EK F and get it instead, I'll take that!!

I had really assumed that with the talks on Wednesday the strike wouldn't be until next week if it happened.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Supposed to fly JFK-FRA on Friday, then onward on connections. Booked through United. Called United to be proactive before alternative inventory disappears and, of course, they say they've heard nothing about a strike so can't help me.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:21 pm
pda

Programs: LH SEN *
Anyone know what happens with LH719 on Saturday? The strike is for Friday, but will LH719 fly on Friday or being parked at ICN and wait for Saturday?

Doubting whether or not to rebook already. Just called SEN line. Told me that at this moment it would be at my expense… Systems says no changes for me.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cricketer
oh lovely. My FRA-DEL is going to get hit by this. Can I check in in SFO and ask them to just put me on EK First to DEL instead? Or am I going to be re-accommodated out of FRA? I'm upgraded into F (UA plus points), so I guess i'm losing the F when re-routed as well.

I can afford a bit of delay arriving into DEL (ideally < 12 hours but can handle 24-26 hours if need be) - what's my best course of action here? Currently planning to just sit tight and see what transpires, but if I can explicitly request EK F and get it instead, I'll take that!!

I had really assumed that with the talks on Wednesday the strike wouldn't be until next week if it happened.
They won’t rebook you to EK in F & since it’s an upgrade they are likely to go by your underlying ticket class, your best option is to call the dedicated F line & see if they will put you on LX
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chris63
They won’t rebook you to EK in F & since it’s an upgrade they are likely to go by your underlying ticket class, your best option is to call the dedicated F line & see if they will put you on LX
Thanks - they told me nothing's officially cancelled yet so they're not going to move me unless I want to pay up... will try again later. No LX F available to ZRH anyway, and I wouldn't be able to connect from FRA on the other side either. Maybe TK J from FRA-DEL would work as an option, I could live with that!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - they told me nothing's officially cancelled yet so they're not going to move me unless I want to pay up... will try again later. No LX F available to ZRH anyway, and I wouldn't be able to connect from FRA on the other side either. Maybe TK J from FRA-DEL would work as an option, I could live with that!
LX should operate the FRA-ZRH on Friday but yes, call the F line as soon as the cancellations show, lucky you are booked in F & can call them, once the cancelations come in the normal callcentres will be swamped….
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
LX should operate the FRA-ZRH on Friday but yes, call the F line as soon as the cancellations show, lucky you are booked in F & can call them, once the cancelations come in the normal callcentres will be swamped….
LX does not operate at the moment any flights incl. on Sep 2 between FRA-ZRH. In case they are not jumping in (as an exception) it is only LH (or even not).
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH usually cancels all the flights on the strike day and operates a minimum schedule with the CLH and EN aircraft. Technically the pilots cannot strike when at an outstation, but LH will probably not operate the inbound tonight, as the arriving pax will be stranded in FRA/MUC tomorrow.

Expect cancellations to occur in the course of the day. Once your flight cancels, LH can rebook you onto pretty much any carrier that interlines with them via IATA. The irreg handling documentation is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31999729-post56.html
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:46 am
Original Poster

I'm cancelled both SFO-FRA on the 1st and FRA-DEL on the 2nd... the first class hotline is closed in the US -- any tips on where to call to get help, as there's no alternative being provided so far. thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm cancelled both SFO-FRA on the 1st and FRA-DEL on the 2nd... the first class hotline is closed in the US -- any tips on where to call to get help, as there's no alternative being provided so far. thanks!
Your better calling DE, anyway

+496986799444 or +498006270508 , last one free on Skype
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Your better calling DE, anyway

+496986799444 or +498006270508 , last one free on Skype
Thanks... I am getting number unavailable for both of those.. have tried skype and my mobile and can't get through any which way.... will keep trying! Skype says "number unavailable" and regular phone says "your intl call cannot be completed as dialed"... this is going to be a long night (and it's already 3am...)

edited to add -- can't even get through to the regular 24hour US line as it says all incoming lines are busy so LH can't take the call.. lovely meltdown!!

edited again -- 3:20am now, and the app is offering to waitlist me on a 78h30m (no typo) journey via SQ33 and AI 381. No thanks. Still trying to connect to anybody on the phone! Not quite how I envisaged this evening going.

3:30am - now listening to hold music on the DE hotline above... no doubt they're swamped, so trying to be patient and stay awake...
chris63 likes this.

Last edited by cricketer; Sep 1, 2022 at 4:31 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:59 am
Original Poster

and we're at 4am, the music ran out, i'm in a silent hold, and I think I'm going to have to sleep for a couple of hours and try and hit the US hotline right at opening... maybe if I nap, magic will happen and I'll be rebooked onto something useful. watched pot never boils and all that!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
YYZ-FRA-BLL schedule to depart Sept 1 (Today), but now up in the air.

The 2nd leg has been officially cancelled.
​​​​I haven't recieved an official cancellation from Lufthansa on the 1st leg, though flightaware and google are saying cancelled.

Have not received any communication about alternative flights as of yet.

I had cash upgraded both my mother and myself to business on the YYZ - FRA leg. I'm assuming I won't get rebooked in business since it was a cash upgrade, but will Lufthansa refund me?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:45 am

Don't know about others, but that certainly hasn't happened for me. I can click on alternative flights, and as I said elsewhere, it offers me a waitlist-only on a 78 hour journey SFO-SIN-DEL. No thanks. Been on hold with the DE hotline for 25 minutes now, and the music has run out so I'm just listening to dead air hoping that I'm still in queue... ! No issues with the hold - I get the situation - just hope I can get something figured out soon enough. There are plenty of ways to get me to Delhi that seem very much available...
Sounds like you scored yourself a Singapore Airlines itenerary (and if you booked a premium cabin, even better) and a stopover vacation in Singapore Big upgrade over LH. I think you can claim compensation on top of that for the delay and are entitled to care (hotel stay) for your long stopover in Singapore.

(I know it sucks but just trying to get something positive for you from this circus)

​​​​​
MSPeconomist and northinsouth like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayTakesOff
YYZ-FRA-BLL schedule to depart Sept 1 (Today), but now up in the air.

The 2nd leg has been officially cancelled.
​​​​I haven't recieved an official cancellation from Lufthansa on the 1st leg, though flightaware and google are saying cancelled.

Have not received any communication about alternative flights as of yet.

I had cash upgraded both my mother and myself to business on the YYZ - FRA leg. I'm assuming I won't get rebooked in business since it was a cash upgrade, but will Lufthansa refund me?
Your in business because you paid them & they accepted that, if they don’t rebook you in J , go for involuntary downgrade compensation & EU261 last minute compensation
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.