Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa bassinet details

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Hello everyone,
I will be taking my 4 month old on her first international flight in a couple weeks. We are going non-stop from LAX to MUC and back. I have 44HK reserved with a bassinet. I'm a nervous first time mom and wonder if anyone can give me some more details about the bassinet. I have looked at some pictures I found on google. I think LF provides a sheet? Was the bassinet clean, or should I bring my own sheet? Is there anything that you wished you would have taken to make the bassinet more comfortable? Are there any bassinet seats that are better than others in terms of noise from the galley? I believe 44HK are close to the galley, but I didn't see any other bassinet seats that weren't close to the galley. Thank you in advance for your help!
Ashley
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The bassinets are freshly made up for each flight, no need to bring you own bedding. They always fit to the bulkhead, so you will be close to a galley/lavatory area, no way around it.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:47 am

Thanks Oliver!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH M&M
To add to what Oliver said, all you might need bassinet-wise is your own blanket in case baby gets a bit cold.

The bassinets are clean and rather large, so at 4 months he/she will have lots of room too another plus is that it has a kind of belt, so if you strap the him/her in, you won't be required to pick him/her up if the seat belt sign comes on, unlike some other carriers.

We have always found LH to be a pleasure when traveling with a baby, e.g. the generous luggage allowance (lap children get 20kg), the nice bassinets, they will attempt to block the adjacent seat when travelling alone and the flight isn't full, the crews are generally very helpful, etc. I'm sure you will have a good flight.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:50 pm

Purch-thank you! I feel much better after reading your post! Looking forward to our trip!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat

To add our own experience with our baby-girl who's already a FT since the age of 4mts, I'd put her into a hoodie when sleeping as the vent over a bassinet might be strong, IIRC especially with LH. And to bring her own blanket and toys was always wise in our case. And ask FA for additional blankets and pillows to make the bassinet even more comfy.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

I just searched 'lufthansa bassinet' on google image search and got this for illustration:

As you can see they use some linen cover which is fresh each time and then a few regular economy blankets and pillows. The hood you see is applied away from the aisle.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:08 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling much more at ease! Thank you again!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
Is row 66 (H/J) an infant row? Just got off the phone with LH, they said it was but it doesn't look like it on seat guru. Have 76 on the way back which looks right, but 66 seems wrong...
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Seatguru is utter bollocks... especially with LH aircaft.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Seatguru is utter bollocks... especially with LH aircaft.
So does that mean that 66 is indeed an infant row on the a380?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

On a random date it looks like row 76&88 is the infant cot row:

Code:
SM LH 0728/Y/09DECFRAPVG                                 /S001/                 
SM LH  0728  Y 09DEC FRAPVG        388                                          
   M                                                                            
   0         0         0         0          0                                   
   6         7         8         9          9                                   
   01234567890123456789012345678901234      5  6789                             
    <             EE  >        B            UPE   UP                            
K  /////.......... L.......////C......   K  /  /..                            K 
J  /////..........L......../////......   H  /  /..                            H 
H  /////..........L......../////......      UP    UP                            
                                         G  /  /...                           G 
G   ////..HHHH...  C...HHHH////C......   F  /  /..                            F 
F   ////.........  I......./////......   E  /  /...                           E 
E   ////.........  I......./////......   D  /  /...                           D 
D   ////.........  C.......////C......      UP    UP                            
                                         C  /  /+.                            C 
C  /////..........L......../////......   A  /  /+.                            A 
. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
Y CHARGEABLE                                                                    
)>
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
All you need is the seatmap on LH.com.

It's fairly obvious that bassinet rows are 76 and 88 since you need somewhere to attach bassinets. Row 60 used to be a bassinet row but since the installation of Premium Economy seats in the front of the cabin row 60 is now the first row of Economy blocked for status cumtomers and no longer a bassinet row as discussed in another thread.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:13 pm

bassinets seats on the A380

Hi,

I'm flying for the first time with an infant.
I've booked bassinet seats (88 D/E), but am considering to move to the windows section. Do you know if 88 J/K also has a bassinet. The person on the phone (Senator line) said he thinks they are, but didn't sound sure...

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hi,

I'm flying for the first time with an infant.
I've booked bassinet seats (88 D/E), but am considering to move to the windows section. Do you know if 88 J/K also has a bassinet. The person on the phone (Senator line) said he thinks they are, but didn't sound sure...

Thanks
According to this post 88K is a bassinet seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.