Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Business Class Upgrade" (Cash Upgrade for 90-160 EUR) on regional European flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
i was not aware of a new system. i suppose Tyrolean is right if thats the case.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
So far all booking classes are available, checked on ExpertFlyer. I will keep Y then and pay Ł15 for lounge access.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Plaza Premium lounge is really good in T2, so you shouldn't think you're missing out in terms of lounges, especially, if you were not going to bother to head to T2 Satellite for UA, SQ, or AC. For Ł15 its a good deal.

The LH Business lounge is nothing special. They don't even have real beer on tap. Just watered down lager rubbish and strangely bottles of Leffe. Must be an InBev thing.
Richmond_Surrey likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:05 am

I have a UA ticket issued on 016 stock that has an LH segment IST-FRA.
It is a R fare on the trans-Atlantic (premium economy) which books into Q on the LH IST-FRA.
The system is offering an upgrade to business for $280.
This is what the LH flight looks like.
J8 C8 D8 Z7 P7 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9
Q9 V9 W0 S0 T9 L0 K0

That seems like a lot of money.
Are they offered on the day of departure at the airport?
If so, are they less expensive?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by chuck1
I have a UA ticket issued on 016 stock that has an LH segment IST-FRA.
It is a R fare on the trans-Atlantic (premium economy) which books into Q on the LH IST-FRA.
The system is offering an upgrade to business for $280.
This is what the LH flight looks like.
J8 C8 D8 Z7 P7 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9
Q9 V9 W0 S0 T9 L0 K0

That seems like a lot of money.
Are they offered on the day of departure at the airport?
If so, are they less expensive?
At Istanbul, sometimes yes, however I had received offers worth $70 ( max I've got was $100 ) for this route many times and rejected all then got op-up'ed at the gate ( in some occasions ). Depending on the date ( holiday season for DE or TR ) you might be op-up'ed if you hold *G status. This route is not a heavy SEN or HON route so the chances for an op-up are very high for non MM-*G
Old May 29, 2019, 2:33 am

My data point on LH intra-Europe upgrade from economy to business class:

Booked a MUC-TPE return trip via CDG on BR, with MUC-CDG leg on LH (booking class Q). Used booking code to log into LH.com and saw cash upgrade option. At first the upgrade price was 60€, at the same time the revenue booking shows P class on the same flight. One week later price jumped up to 100€, revenue booking showed Z class. One more week after, upgrade required 140€ and the revenue booking showed D class.

Now here is the weird part: this morning the upgrade price went down to 60€ while the revenue booking has Z class available. Assuming I would get a new ticket in Z I paid for the upgrade, however the new booking is still P.

Maybe the upgrade price is the better clue for which J class one ends up into?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi,

Soon I will be flying from MUC to MAD, yesterday upgrade to Business Class was priced 110€, today price jumped to 160€. Can I expect the price would fall back down again?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by DC10
Hi,

Soon I will be flying from MUC to MAD, yesterday upgrade to Business Class was priced 110€, today price jumped to 160€. Can I expect the price would fall back down again?
It changes up & down every day, it can even change several times in a day.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:45 pm

I bought BRU-FRA-HEL return in Economy at € 500.

Fixed upgrade bid was initially displayed as € 60 per leg, but could not be booked. Called in - upgrade cost was actually € 200 per leg. Now it has risen to € 260 per leg, with more than 8 seats still for sale on each. Crazy.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Vixit
I bought BRU-FRA-HEL return in Economy at € 500.

Fixed upgrade bid was initially displayed as € 60 per leg, but could not be booked. Called in - upgrade cost was actually € 200 per leg. Now it has risen to € 260 per leg, with more than 8 seats still for sale on each. Crazy.
Data point update: I was booked BRU-FRA-HEL in Eco Classic S and HEL-MUC-BRU in Eco Classic H, cost € 500. There were plenty of Business seats available, but they were only sold as fare D at € 1,470 return.

Fixed upgrade cost was € 260 per sector. Bid upgrade started at € 80 per leg and I offered € 90 for FRA-HEL and HEL-MUC respectively. Both cleared three days before departure into fare P.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Is it still valid (old booking class -> new cash-upgraded booking class)?

W, S, T, L, K -> P
H, Q, V -> Z
B, M, U -> D
and Y -> C

Does anyone have the P.E. "letters"? (Cash upgrades to and from P.E.) ?

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: LH M+M
It depends :-) My latest cash-upgrade went from N to Z, but also had N to D earlier this year ("to D" is typically more expensive and only when Z0, e.g. very close to ETD)
Never did "to PE".
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Is it still valid (old booking class -> new cash-upgraded booking class)?

W, S, T, L, K -> P
H, Q, V -> Z
B, M, U -> D
and Y -> C

Does anyone have the P.E. "letters"? (Cash upgrades to and from P.E.) ?

Thanks

It seems both myoffer and the cash upgrades take the first available BK that is still open...
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have a NYC-OSL roundtrip bought on Orbitz. I went onto the LH website and found:

- JFK-FRA: Upgrade to PE for $350, Upgrade to Business for $900
- FRA-OSL: Upgrade to Business for $150

I passed
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10
I have a NYC-OSL roundtrip bought on Orbitz. I went onto the LH website and found:

- JFK-FRA: Upgrade to PE for $350, Upgrade to Business for $900
- FRA-OSL: Upgrade to Business for $150

I passed
These are the fixed prices. If you can bid you will see the prices to be lower. I always bid the lowest amount for Y to PE and so far I have been successful all the times apart from 1. But I will agree with you. $350 to PE and $900 to C are uncompetitive prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.