Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Old Aug 18, 15, 4:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Dear fellow FTers,

we are happy to announce the third edition of the Kamingespräch with LH Management.

Where: Near FRA (Frankfurt Airport)
When: Thursday, Oktober 1, 2015 at 17:00

Lufthansa will be participating with
- Karl Ulrich Garnadt, Member of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and CEO of Lufthansa German Airlines
- Alexander Schlaubitz, Vice President Marketing, Lufthansa German Airlines

and many others

There is no defined Agenda. 'Kamingespräch' implies the concept of an informal fireside chat. Participants are encouraged to have a relaxed dialogue with the management.

In order to manage the exclusivity and quality of the dialogue the event is limited to 30 participants.

The selection of the participants will be done by Oliver2002 and rcs85551 as organisers of the event. We aim to select a cross section of members from different customer groups, who are active in the Lufthansa|Miles & More forum on FT and VFT and are interested in a constructive dialogue with LH. So if you are a HON Circle, Senator, Frequent Traveller or Star Gold Member who travels regularly on Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Brussels, German- or Eurowings in First, Business, Premium Economy, Economy, Best, Smart, Basic (or in the overhead bin ), this event is meant for you. To get a certain continuity, we would encourage participation of some members who attended the previous two editions and have constructive feedback or experiences to report. As usual we ask for your understanding if you are not selected.

If you would like to attend, please send an email to oliver2002 [at] mail.flyertalk.com with

- your full legal name
- you personal email ID
- your current status (HON Circle, Senator, Frequent Traveller or Star Gold Member)
- your FT and/or VFT member name
- the question you would like to ask the LH Group management right now if the event would take place today

Your request to attend will be accepted till noon CET of August 21, 2015. After that we will try to assign participation asap. Only after we have confirmed your participation it becomes binding. So don't book any travel before that.

By applying for participation you confirm that :
- you are not an 'Amtsträger' (ie a government official as per German law StGB §11), or
- you are not currently involved in contract negotiations, projects or any form of bidding or purchasing processes with the LH group either yourself, on behalf of your employer or any third parties.
- that your employer has no compliance related issues with your participation at the event.

Once your participation is confirmed we will transmit only your full legal name and email to Lufthansa. Nothing else. Note that LH will use that personal info to prepare a management brief using their customer database.

The event will take place in English if some members cannot understand German.

If you have any questions regarding the event, feel free to ask them in this thread.

The participants are free to post their individual experiences and impressions from the event. However the concept of the informal fireside chat means that the management of LH wants to speak freely and hence there will be no formal public minutes of the event available here.
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Emails received so far:

- Sentom
- eightblack
- Zorro
- Rambuster
- athome
- TRAVELSIG
- NewbieRunner
- ralfkrippner
- N1003U
- pilatusguy
- htb

Application arrived too late:

-Altifonsoni (via PM on Aug 21, 15, 3:24 pm)

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 28, 15 at 6:12 am
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Confirmed participants (VFT/FT combined):
Anonyma
athome
Bembel Terrorist
born2fly
bursche99
chrini1
chris-99
covalin
dreschen
ekel alfred
Fischköpfle
Flying Lawyer
frabkk
htb
janfliegt
kingair9
monty2006
N1003U
nhobalu
on_tour
pilatusguy
ralfkrippner
Rambuster
sentom
SleepOverGreenland
tcswede
Weltreisender
zolagola
Zorro

Standby in case anyone of the above cancels:
Airsicknessbag
ARJ85
Flyglobal
Swanlake
Ventus2

Cancellations:
Sascha99

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 28, 15 at 6:09 am
Old Aug 19, 15, 6:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
It is surprising to see that not many FT members are interested in meeting LH executives Tête à tête.

It seems meeting LH executives is becoming a boring habit
Old Aug 19, 15, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Emails received so far:

- eightblack
- Zorro
I have submitted my request too.
Old Aug 19, 15, 8:33 am

Oct 2 would have worked so much better with the minimum stay requirements on LH cheap-o fare :-).
Old Aug 19, 15, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
It is surprising to see that not many FT members are interested in meeting LH executives Tête à tête.
Anonymous armchairing is much more comfortable...
Old Aug 19, 15, 10:40 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Anonymous armchairing is much more comfortable...
For me, it's a bit more than a matter of simple anonymous armchairing. LH knows who I am and I wouldn't be hiding from them at all, but I personally don't think I should need to "out" the association of my specific FT handle to my actual person in order to attend such events, and if that's the price to pay, I'll continue to forgo them.
Old Aug 19, 15, 11:01 am
Original Poster

How did you come to the conclusion that participation at such event(s) 'outs' your handle?
Old Aug 19, 15, 12:58 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

How did you come to the conclusion that participation at such event(s) 'outs' your handle?

The initial post...

Dear fellow FTers,

we are happy to announce the third edition of the Kamingespräch with LH Management.

If you would like to attend, please send an email to oliver2002 [at] mail.flyertalk.com with

- your full legal name
- you personal email ID
- your current status (HON Circle, Senator, Frequent Traveller or Star Gold Member)
- your FT and/or VFT member name
- the question you would like to ask the LH Group management right now if the event would take place today
When I say "outing" handles, I mean being compelled to provide the associated data to anyone. I realize there's no mention of these data items being posted publicly together and I'm not insinuating they would be in the near-term, but it's still a data association which I--and I can imagine others as well--don't feel obliged to make with anyone.
Old Aug 19, 15, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

You forgot to quote this bit?

Once your participation is confirmed we will transmit only your full legal name and email to Lufthansa. Nothing else. Note that LH will use that personal info to prepare a management brief using their customer database.
The reason I'm reacting to this is because I've been accused of breaching FT privacy rules quite a few times...
Old Aug 19, 15, 1:23 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

You forgot to quote this bit?

The reason I'm reacting to this is because I've been accused of breaching FT privacy rules quite a few times...
Your reaction toward me is unjustified. I didn't accuse you of breaching FT privacy rules. You're not breaking any FT privacy rules. You're simply asking for bits of associated information which I can always refuse to provide.

And I didn't forget to quote that sentence; I merely quoted the passage which was pertinent and still is: we are indeed being asked for both our FT handle and our full legal names together. Again, it's still a data association which I don't feel obliged to make with anyone--but it's not a breach of FT privacy rules, I agree.

I just don't understand why both bits of information are being solicited simultaneously and associated, even if only to be used internally by FT. And, if other FTer's have spoken up to you, then they must feel the same way about it, right?
Old Aug 19, 15, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Your reaction toward me is unjustified.
[...] And, if other FTer's have spoken up to you, then they must feel the same way about it, right?
No worries, its not you in particular but just the fact that this tone comes up every time I arrange something with a travel provider. Even when an airport wants a date of birth

If I don't know who the applicant is on FT, its difficult to pick participants, or alternatively, to make a decision, I would have to collect more data instead...

The reason people speak up is because they fear that big brother will data mine. And check if they book mistake fares, or if they have affair with the competition. Which they could do. If they wanted to. If they considered us to be whatever
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
For me, it's a bit more than a matter of simple anonymous armchairing. LH knows who I am and I wouldn't be hiding from them at all, but I personally don't think I should need to "out" the association of my specific FT handle to my actual person in order to attend such events, and if that's the price to pay, I'll continue to forgo them.
I can assure you that LH couldn't care less what your handle on FT is.
They don't hold a grudge whatever your opinion might be.
On the contrary, I have had interesting discussions with every LH CEO since Mr Weber's time.
The personal discussions with Mr Weber, Mr Mayrhuber and Mr Spohr (and Mr Bishof) were always on a level playing field and eye to eye.
The discussions with Dr Franz were also "interesting". He certainly didn't appreciate people telling him things which were not within his mindset.

Anyway, even if LH in some way were able to put the pieces together and associate your personal data with your forum handle (this data is not provided by FT moderators!), then rest assured there are no consequences.
Whilst we can say a lot of things about LH, they are not petty nor vindictive!
Old Aug 19, 15, 4:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
No worries, its not you in particular but just the fact that this tone comes up every time I arrange something with a travel provider. Even when an airport wants a date of birth

If I don't know who the applicant is on FT, its difficult to pick participants, or alternatively, to make a decision, I would have to collect more data instead...

The reason people speak up is because they fear that big brother will data mine. And check if they book mistake fares, or if they have affair with the competition. Which they could do. If they wanted to. If they considered us to be whatever
The information you have to provide on an ESTA is far worse. Have you seen how it has subtly changed over the past few months? Now, they don't give a monkey's about what flight you're arriving on or where you boarded, but they want both your parents names and numerous other absurdities. What right do they have to demand all this information, what do they do with it and when and how is this going to stop? And who is going to stop it? One day, there has to be a limit to this security sickness. I wouldn't worry about Lufthansa, even if they know your handle, it is not in their interest to do anything with it.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 19, 15 at 4:11 pm Reason: missing info

Search this Thread
Search Engine: