Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
This meeting felt very heavy on EW/4U topics, especially their irreg handlings and general incompatibility with the LH Group. The next big thing was the HBO/Light fare concept. Cosy doesn't really describe it...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Lack
So more then half of the topics were what is LH doing about the mess LH created?
Funny, I had the same reaction reading through the list.

Thanks for the summary, Rambuster
Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This meeting felt very heavy on EW/4U topics, especially their irreg handlings and general incompatibility with the LH Group. The next big thing was the HBO/Light fare concept. Cosy doesn't really describe it...
That is a pretty good summary, and probably more important for the crowd present and 99% of LH's customers than HKG YQ.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The question of call centre empowerment was asked. There was even on HON coordinator present. However, they don't seem to be empowered to do anything except to offer moral effort I don't seem to be missing out on anything, as these coordinators have only been implemented within Germany.

YQ discussion did not come up. It would have been pretty pointless IMHO as everyone would just be wasting time. LH charge what they think they can get away with.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The question of call centre empowerment was asked. There was even on HON coordinator present. However, they don't seem to be empowered to do anything except to offer moral effort I don't seem to be missing out on anything, as these coordinators have only been implemented within Germany.
Had a chat with the lady when it was implemented, had a request, she redirected me to the standard HON Circle Hotline and then never heard again from her... what are they good for?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
That is a pretty good summary, and probably more important for the crowd present and 99% of LH's customers than HKG YQ.
BTW What is the HK YQ !!??
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
BTW What is the HK YQ !!??
Hong Kong regulates YQ (similar to Brasil or Philippines I guess) - I think it's actually related to the fuel prices (what a novel concept).
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Hong Kong regulates YQ (similar to Brasil or Philippines I guess) -
Hmmmm. This why when I redeemed a F award from HKG to FRA LH did charge me a total charge of Euro 42 ^
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
SMK77 recently reminded BA and LH to charge the correct YQ ex HKG . Which has led to refunds on previously booked awards and plenty of new awards booked originating in HKG (with the out of sequence surcharge added for convinience)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:01 am

On round trip tickets originating in HKG: does LH drop the YQ on the FRA-HKG sector or it is still applicable?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
On round trip tickets originating in HKG: does LH drop the YQ on the FRA-HKG sector or it is still applicable?
Quick M&M search suggest it applies for each segment ex-HKG.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since the event was held in German it's possible that a higher proportion of the audience was affected by EW/4U ops and the topic dominated the discussion. With a more balanced audience there might have been more questions e.g. about worsening feeder options to LH hubs as well as LH's pricing in comparison to its competitors.

Any more details of status benefits on Light fares? The question was raised but not answered I suspect. Ditto for SEN vs *G benefits?

I understand there was some mention of possible increased benefits for status customers on JV routes to North America and East Asia. Any more info on this?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Since the event was held in German it's possible that a higher proportion of the audience was affected by EW/4U ops and the topic dominated the discussion. With a more balanced audience...
The audience was certainly well balanced albeit capable of cummunicatin in German.

The fact alone that a German airline communicates on an event held in Germany in German language should not be anyhow surprising. I found it more surprising that past events were held in English to the benefit of less than a handful non German speakers forcing the vast majority to speak in a foreign language.

Further considering that LH has about 10 mio pax and 100k flights a month, one can be confident that for the vast majority of its customers the qualitiy,of 4U domestic services is by far more important than the qualitiy or brand of champagne in F on a FRA to SIN route.

We tend to forget that this forum is anything else but balanced if it comes to normal airline customers.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
With all due respect no one who might have attended the event has suggested the quality or brand of champagne in F as a question to be put to LH management.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 7, 2015 at 8:56 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Further considering that LH has about 10 mio pax and 100k flights a month, one can be confident that for the vast majority of its customers the qualitiy,of 4U domestic services is by far more important than the qualitiy or brand of champagne in F on a FRA to SIN route.
True, from the pax perspective. From the carrier perspective, with the ongoing 4U issues, I wouldn't be as confident that the 10 mio pax and 100k are more important then the quality or brand of champagne in F on a FRA to SIN route.
Again, LH solving issues created by LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.