Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Kamingespräch 2015: October 1, 2015 in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:50 pm

I'm sad that I can't be in FRA on this particular (working) day. Hope it's interesting for those who can attend, looking forward to the report after the event!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
The information you have to provide on an ESTA is far worse. Have you seen how it has subtly changed over the past few months? Now, they don't give a monkey's about what flight you're arriving on or where you boarded, but they want both your parents names and numerous other absurdities. What right do they have to demand all this information, what do they do with it and when and how is this going to stop? And who is going to stop it? One day, there has to be a limit to this security sickness. I wouldn't worry about Lufthansa, even if they know your handle, it is not in their interest to do anything with it.
Well said.

I do recall there was some information printed on attendees. At the one and only AF DO there was a lot of information compiled, occupations etc but the handle's were definitely provided along with passport info for airside access .

Last edited by hugolover; Aug 19, 2015 at 7:20 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I can assure you that LH couldn't care less what your handle on FT is.
Openly admitting they're still handing out token miles to track user behavior doesn't really encourage a lot of confidence in them though.
Not really afraid of exposing my identity to LH, but I'm certain they wouldn't mind having it (in general, not in my particular case).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover
Well said.

I do recall there was some information printed on attendees. At the one and only AF DO there was a lot of information compiled, occupations etc but the handle's were definitely provided along with passport info for airside access .
It depends on the framework of the event. If the organisers agree to that upfront, then handles are disclosed, but the fact is also mentioned during sign up. CO also required the handle to be disclosed to them in order to participate at their FT events. We had issues with them at SMD2 when we refused to give out the handle. We had told participants the handle would not be disclosed, so the word was kept.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Sorry I'm not able to confirm whether I can come or not before you close inscriptions. I would have come if I was definitely around. Hopefully you'll throw me an invite in the future! The trouble with folk like me is that if we're not constantly on the move, then we're tied down with either constant rehearsals (musically speaking) or giving Hochschule lessons. And then the next bout of travel. Consequently I've been able to make only very few of the socials and meetings here. Having said that, some of you are up in the air far more than me!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:50 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Thanks to Oliver and Ralf for organizing these yearly meetings.

Rather than seeing it as a somewhat boring repetition of a meeting on the same old topics I see it as a chance to begin to understand how the large corporation LH "ticks", makes and executes decissions and sets its goals for the short and medium term future. As a customer of LH I merely see how the everyday product is changing (to the worse in the grand scheme) and such meetings grant a much deeper view into the thoughts and reasonings (showing that there is sometimes not much of an alternative).

So thanks again for organizing the event and I'm looking forward towards it!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Oliver just a little question: Are you the ones who approach LH with the idea of this kind of meetings or it is the other way around?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

We knew of the Dialog/Kamingespraech events and asked if they wanted to do such a thing with FT/VFTers in 2012, so this format happened for the first time in 2013. The first such informal contact was at the FRA Advent Do in 2007, but not at such a high level.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:16 am
Original Poster

First round of confirmations went out this week!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

rcs85551 just sent an email to all paticipant with some detail. Please let us know if have not received it.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
In case anybody of the participants collect questions, my main question would be"does the LX HON service stays seperate from LH or are they get merged as part of the new LH Group structure announced this week?"
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by HKG1111
In case anybody of the participants collect questions, my main question would be"does the LX HON service stays seperate from LH or are they get merged as part of the new LH Group structure announced this week?"
I fear we have much bigger things to worry about in future.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
I'm curious if LH is noticing decrease/increase in customer loyalty of their programs? Do they see more transactional behavior from their customer base?
As much I like their schedule between BOS and EU, C class pricing is most of the time prohibitive in my case. Here and there find a competitive pricing and the sales reps in US NorthEast don't care much about small businesses
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by volta
... Do they see more transactional behavior from their customer base?
self-fulfilling prophecy!

They are getting what they asked for!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by volta
I'm curious if LH is noticing decrease/increase in customer loyalty of their programs? Do they see more transactional behavior from their customer base?
As much I like their schedule between BOS and EU, C class pricing is most of the time prohibitive in my case. Here and there find a competitive pricing and the sales reps in US NorthEast don't care much about small businesses
I am sure they do and I am sure they have the data to show them this decline, however, they have a different way of analysing the data they have on hand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.