Star Alliance Gold Benefits on Lufthansa

Old Nov 7, 17, 3:41 am

Programs: SK*S, AY Gold (Sapphire), SBUX GOLD and statusless elsewhere
Originally Posted by athome View Post
Yes thats correct at the outpost stations, where C and F are the same counter. That's not correct for the hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH, ....)
If you put that in google images you will see FRA and MUC have Star G logos in the F check in areas.

I have seen that config with F and C in the same counter at HEL. But at every other place F and Star G are the same where C is separate.

At FRA they even let me check in there. Never have I ever needed to argue this perk with an agent, they seem all aware of it.
Old Dec 13, 18, 10:19 am

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
I guess absolutely no chance of getting free or discounted seat assignment as *G on LH transatlantic restricted economy, right?
Old Dec 17, 18, 9:47 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: 1K, *G, 1MM
I have a flight on LH in July 2019 with a far basis of "L" on an 016 ticket with UA codeshare but LH operated. I am 1K with United and lifetime Gold. I wanted to buyup on one 11 hour segment to PE and UA told me I would need to call LH. Anyone had success in such a situation?
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
I have a flight on LH in July 2019 with a far basis of "L" on an 016 ticket with UA codeshare but LH operated. I am 1K with United and lifetime Gold. I wanted to buyup on one 11 hour segment to PE and UA told me I would need to call LH. Anyone had success in such a situation?
I believe that with a codeshare you can not do that.... someone correct me if I am wrong...
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
You can buy up during checkin, online or at the airport. Codeshares cann be upgraded in advance. UA lifetime gold and 1K won't count for anything in such matters.
Old Dec 19, 18, 10:45 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
If you put that in google images you will see FRA and MUC have Star G logos in the F check in areas.

I have seen that config with F and C in the same counter at HEL. But at every other place F and Star G are the same where C is separate.

At FRA they even let me check in there. Never have I ever needed to argue this perk with an agent, they seem all aware of it.
Last week at TXL, the agent at the First Class counter initially refused me check-in for a Y flight using a TK*G card. I pointed to the advertised *G logo on the entrance sign and she told me it was 'out of date'. She was invited to call the duty manager and then let me check in 'as an exception'. Whether the rules have changed or not is, for me, an open question.