LOT ECONOMY SIMPLE and Baggage Allowance for *G

Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by jackebofh
Star Alliance changed the checked bag rules for status passengers some time ago, which now states if itinerary involves two or more *A airlines you're allowed a free checked bag regardless of class flown.
At least LX and LH can be combined into Light.. but I guess all LH Group counts as "one" carrier then?

Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackebofh
Star Alliance changed the checked bag rules for status passengers some time ago, which now states if itinerary involves two or more *A airlines you're allowed a free checked bag regardless of class flown.
Forget status pax.

Previously if you combined LO with a LH group airline it would book into Classic on LH group meaning a bag and seat selection. So status pax had two.

Anyway. I just checked. It's still doing this. A LH combined with LO will book into "Classic" and give a bag with each for all pax.

I don't see any evidence of what you suggest given the example posted by YuropFlyer and having flown umpteen LX/LH combinations I have never heard of a policy where Light then allows a bag.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
At least LX and LH can be combined into Light.. but I guess all LH Group counts as "one" carrier then?
I don't know if they're one, but LH group seems to get a special treatment within the *A rules, and that's fairly recent addition (it was not there when the light fares were introduced).

Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm a longtime UA flyer, but have gotten fed up with their prices EWR-Europe. Am now looking at LOT, MUCH cheaper-- but can anyone shed some light on their fare classes...Econ Saver/ Premium Saver ??? Not too concerned about the miles earned or checking baggae (as I only do a small carryon), but more with seat comfort, choice, check in etc. Their website only gives vague info and it appears all offer the same benefits (which I know is not the case). Any insight would be helpful. Thank you
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:51 pm

Economy is plain basic coach. Premium Economy is their upgraded product - better seat, better food not just increased legroom like UA Economy Plus.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: MM SEN
Saver fares are discounted and restricted fares for Economy, Premium Economy and Business class flights.

LOT's 787s have a 3-class configuration, so indeed on longhaul flights Economy Premium is a decent option - 2+3+2 seat config compared to 3+3+3. However on all short haul flights (in general: Warsaw->anywhere in Europe) there is no difference between any of the 3 classes, as far as the seats are concerned.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mastah
LOT's 787s have a 3-class configuration, so indeed on longhaul flights Economy Premium is a decent option - 2+3+2 seat config compared to 3+3+3.
Keep in mind that as LOT is waiting for a few additional 787-8s and 787-9s, their EWR flights will initially be operated by EuroAtlantic Airways on 767s, which means the seat configuration will most probably be different than on the 787s.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
Do HON/SEN/FTL get 1 Pc sent luggage for free on Domestic LOT flights in bc: W and U?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Nord
Do HON/SEN/FTL get 1 Pc sent luggage for free on Domestic LOT flights in bc: W and U?
Yes, they all do.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by marcoos
Keep in mind that as LOT is waiting for a few additional 787-8s and 787-9s, their EWR flights will initially be operated by EuroAtlantic Airways on 767s, which means the seat configuration will most probably be different than on the 787s.
I see LO6 (WAW-JFK) being operated with the EuroAtlantic aircraft in early June (June 7). Didn't check a wide range of dates to see how often that happens.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
The Lot website under the title 'SEN, HON, Star Alliance Gold' by the column economy saver or economy simple states that 1 piece of luggage is allowed for *FTL, SEN and HON only (no mention of star alliance gold as in the title).

Do they mean here to exclude star aliiance gold? Meaning that only LH silver and gold have the bag but not other Star Alliance gold members?!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by ELAL
Do they mean here to exclude star aliiance gold? Meaning that only LH silver and gold have the bag but not other Star Alliance gold members?!
It's more of a corporate parlance residue then anything else for LOT - for most things when they mention SEN they mean Star Alliance Gold in general. They're just a tad bit too attached to the M&M designations, that's all.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
For LO SEN = *G, check-in online and Amadeus will even correctly show your allowance as 1 piece for HBO brand.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
I'm looking at a one-way from Lublin: on LOT.com the fare is shown as a "simple" - but at the same price it's shown as T class on Orbitz.

Could a T-class be a simple economy fare, or is Orbitz showing the wrong class ?

Edit: ITA matrix shows it as a T class, with hand luggage only. I would've thought simple economy would have been lower classes like L or O, not so ?

Last edited by dand99; Aug 27, 2017 at 1:20 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:28 pm

As an UA elite, I think you should be now aware that you can get 'economy basic' on all* the letters in the alphabet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.