Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cedahm
...Also slightly surprising (frustrating) that they don't have access to the seat map from T-48.
While I think that the agent's explanation is more matching than yours ... what is so special about T-48?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by weero
While I think that the agent's explanation is more matching than yours ... what is so special about T-48?
lol. Beats me. Agent quote - "We can't access seats within 48 hours to departure". Was the first time I heard that.

When I checked in online, daughter had the same seat we'd originally reserved, but as noted, more than once I've had LH drop seat assignments on ex-DEN TATL segments for no apparent reason close in to flight time.

Strange...but in the end a non-event. I wouldn't have even noticed had I just show up at the airport tomorrow and not been poking around the res. And would have saved some number of bytes on the internet
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: too many
Similar problem here. Booked on LX (ZRH-BOS in A) but with UA flight number on UA ticket. Can chose our seats on all other legs via LH.com but not for that one, neither on UA.com nor LX. TA is clueless.

Any point calling LX, LH SEN line or UA?

Not that it really matters a lot which of the remaining 7 seats will be ours

Last edited by Hardy; Jun 15, 2016 at 1:56 am Reason: completed
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hardy
Any point calling LX, LH SEN line or UA?
I'd call LX in Switzerland.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Booked an open-jaw in J, BOS-MUC/BCN-BOS on UA ticket stock. BOS-MUC LH operated, BCN-BOS UA operated. I got two record locators: one UA, one LH. I only can select seats on the UA flights. I cannot select a seat using the LH record locator on the LH website.
If I call LH, can they give me a seat assignment on BOS-MUC?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:11 pm

Only one way to find out ...

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Booked an open-jaw in J, BOS-MUC/BCN-BOS on UA ticket stock. BOS-MUC LH operated, BCN-BOS UA operated. I got two record locators: one UA, one LH. I only can select seats on the UA flights. I cannot select a seat using the LH record locator on the LH website.
If I call LH, can they give me a seat assignment on BOS-MUC?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by malgudi
Only one way to find out ...
OK, so I called....and the rep said that due to IT problems LH currently cannot assigned seats to LH flights booked under a UA codeshare. She told me they are "working on it" and I should try again next week.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by malgudi
Unable to select seats for a business class ticket (Z, if it matters) on lh.com for SFO-FRA on UA 8828 aka LH455. The ticket was issued by United.
+1 Also my situation - same flight, same Z fare, same "we are sorry" message from the website.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by cardinal98
+1 Also my situation - same flight, same Z fare, same "we are sorry" message from the website.
I'm getting the same for FRA-EWR. Very frustrating. Especially if calling doesn't work either like the posted above mentions.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
And it's still an issue it seems - P fare Business for me
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:04 am
Suspended

I successfully changed my seats on the lufthansa website even though it was booked under a UA flight number.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by weero
She's absolutely right.

And you are here for so long that you have absolutely zero excuse for booking a code share - on the long haul sectors for crying out loud! Codes shares have been a disaster for seat allocation since the dawn of time and ever since the introduction if paid seat allocation they have become a 100% no go.
They might have been a few dollars cheaper than the LH stock offer and now you pay with the uncertainty of the seat allocation.

The good thing is that at T-24 one can check in to the seats available ... but even the online check in doesn't work well on code shares.

On a lighter note - grace to ASR, many people cannot and do not allocate seats and LH will plant your family in one lump on whatever seats are lefy, given that you are all booked on one reservation.
Your comment should adorn the top of every forum on airlines' frequent flyer programs. Codeshares suck, they always have, and likely they always will

Adam
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday I booked JFK-FRA-CAI in P as code shares and was auto assigned seats. Today I was able to view and modify the seat assignments using the app but for some reason I am unable to view the itinerary on the website.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:21 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TomMM
Yesterday I booked JFK-FRA-CAI in P as code shares and was auto assigned seats. Today I was able to view and modify the seat assignments using the app but for some reason I am unable to view the itinerary on the website.
Are you using the LH PNR? I've not had a problem adding new reservations to my M&M login.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssh
Are you using the LH PNR? I've not had a problem adding new reservations to my M&M login.
Yes, what is weird is that it recognizes the PNR, the itinerary is in my bookings list but I get the following error when trying to view the details. I can view my other booking with no problem.

Before you can continue, please check the following:
Due to technical difficulties this page cannot be displayed. Please use your browser's "Back" button to return to the previous page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.