Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New European Economy Fares [HBO/light topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by warakorn
Am I missing something?

I am just checking one-way fare from LHR to VIE. I can only see fares starting from EUR 500. Its nothing surprising. Even the LIGHT fare costs you almost EUR 500.
Light refers to the service you get, not to the price of the ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by htb
I read somewhere that LH was considering(?) to allow same-day re-bookings to an earlier flight free of charge for flex tickets regardless of the availability of the same fare class.

Can someone confirm this? This would actually be an incentive to book flex on a later flight, and I've two flights next week where I'll test this, but I'd like to be prepared...

HTB.
What is still the most crazy thing for me: if you want to book an earlier or later flight and eco is full you are lost since it is not possible to rebook into business any longer.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: LH FTL
The free change to an earlier flight on the same day with flex tickets is a standard perk on OS, its advertised everywhere. .. Also K flex makes perfect sense to me because the difference from Klight to Kflex is around 60e (the actual rebooking fee)..So if there's a flight i think i might rebook i would be happy to book it in (K) flex fare..
M/B/Y light shouldn't be available for sale though lol..that's just 'low cost' evil
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by fanb
Also K flex makes perfect sense to me because the difference from Klight to Kflex is around 60e (the actual rebooking fee)..So if there's a flight i think i might rebook i would be happy to book it in (K) flex fare..
It's around 60 but slightly varies based on the route. Couple of random destinations I checked fell in 50-70 range.

And during this embarrassingly enough I found cases when ecoflex was more expensive than business! Which inherently comes with flex properties, although it was in a low booking class.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Hi, I was looking through Austrian fares and I notice 1st leg is Basic (K fare) and 2nd leg is Saver (K fare). I'm assuming Basic = Light hence no check-in baggage? Saver = Classic with check-in baggage?

ATH-VIE-OTP is the route i'm looking at.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:14 am

Nope, the letter has no relation to the Basic / Saver / Flex / whatever type of fare. You have to dig deeper.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Nope, the letter has no relation to the Basic / Saver / Flex / whatever type of fare. You have to dig deeper.
Yes I understand what fare codes are. The problem is the website doesn't say what is the difference between Economy Basic and Economy Saver. It doesn't tell me what is my check-in luggage allowance (if any).

The website refers to Light, Classic & flex, Business for luggage allowance.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:28 am

Okay, it seems that Saver = Light while Basic = Classic I think.

Cause 2nd leg I can choose seats for free while 1st leg is chargeable. Strange, Austrian website doesn't have Basic fare for ATH-VIE.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: LH FTL
It's weird because the saver/basic/flex are only the non-european and longhaul destination..and they always come with check-in luggage.
Light/classic/flex tickets are European flights..
Also having an intra-European connecting flight with first leg light and second leg classic doesn't make sense
must be a glitch..
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by fanb
It's weird because the saver/basic/flex are only the non-european and longhaul destination..and they always come with check-in luggage.
Light/classic/flex tickets are European flights..
Also having an intra-European connecting flight with first leg light and second leg classic doesn't make sense
must be a glitch..
Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I'm checking in online with a TK Gold.
But LH shows my FF# as TK*P and no exit row is available.

Anyone knows what that P stands for?
Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
P just means the system couldn't verify your status with TK in the database at the time of checkin. Nothing to do with the new fares.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I did requalify last month, that might be the reason. Thanks Oliver.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I did requalify last month, that might be the reason. Thanks Oliver.
It's just a borked comp/comm system.

Just flew out on OS with FQTV (=unrecognized ffp) on my boarding pass, but SN recognized my TK*G on the return.

Happens occasionally. Annoying when trying to use automated premium security gates, but whatever
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
just attained a new personal record - 777 EUR for an intra-EU non-refundable, non-changeable, carry-on only ticket!
True low cost service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.