Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New European Economy Fares [HBO/light topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by weero
That is entirely by design. A messy crowded and sweaty coach cabin improves the differential to the nonexistent Biz hardware.
And makes it even harder to differentiate to "Budget carriers" like Easyjet, Ryanair and the like..

In fact, LX already has become like them with this enhancement, with the difference being a free cup of water (or some kind of snack and drink on longer European routes.. )
Old May 27, 2015, 9:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If that would be the case than you would have chaos with baggage on every LCC flight. Which isn't the case. People do pay for luggage and don't carry on their household goods and the kitchen sink.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If that would be the case than you would have chaos with baggage on every LCC flight. Which isn't the case. People do pay for luggage and don't carry on their household goods and the kitchen sink.
I agree but LCC overhead bins are more packed than regular airlines.
My point is that even if you pay the high fare you will have some inconvenient issues due to this "improvement.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by mat_bkk
I agree but LCC overhead bins are more packed than regular airlines.
My point is that even if you pay the high fare you will have some inconvenient issues due to this "improvement.

Not really more packed than mainline. The main difference is the higher seating density on LCCs which leads to stress on the bins.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Not really more packed than mainline. The main difference is the higher seating density on LCCs which leads to stress on the bins.
Stress with bins?
You can have that any day of the year with a KONT J Ticket ex FRA.
If you arrive as one of the last pax being driven from the FCT you will usually find all the bins in the first rows fully occupied (along with all others).
I even sometime have to argue that my luggage is not offloaded into the luggage compartment downstairs. #dieZitroneistnochnichtausgequetscht
Old May 27, 2015, 9:54 am

ahh... you forgot to mention the missing wadrobe in C . Its been nearly 5 years that they ripped those out with NEK.

Last week on an TP A319 (with old style NKS LH had till 2003) some ding dong sitting three rows behind me decided his guitar should be stored in the overhead bin in my row. And of course protested loudly when I pretended not to see it and shove my trolley in the free space . You should have seen how one can quickly come forward.

Seriously though I always board last (not because I'm driven from the FCT, but because I avoid sitting on aircraft longer than required) and anyone occupying the OH bin and not seated in my row has a problem with me. Rarely do I encounter resistance.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:57 am

New LX cabin is as dense as it could be (ie, exactly as much seats as with Easyjet in their A320) - Airbus itself calling the 180 seats that LX is putting into it as "up to 180 in a high-density layout for low-cost and charter flights"

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamili...20family/a320/

So, according to Airbus, LX is now a proper low-cost or charter flight operator..
Old May 27, 2015, 10:03 am

Yep, LX managed to squeeze in the A32S max config before FR got its 737-8 MAX200. Spohr is so happy about it he told NZZ it will become the standard on LH Group. Yay for Swiss innovation!

Seriously though the OH bins in the A32S bought in the 2009- batch hold more bags than the 1990-2005 series. Boeings new OH bins in the current signature interior hold the proverbial US kitchen sink *3 already, and I would suspect the bins on the A32S neo series coming soon will also play catch up.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
ahh... you forgot to mention the missing wadrobe in C . Its been nearly 5 years that they ripped those out with NEK.

Last week on an TP A319 (with old style NKS LH had till 2003) some ding dong sitting three rows behind me decided his guitar should be stored in the overhead bin in my row. And of course protested loudly when I pretended not to see it and shove my trolley in the free space . You should have seen how one can quickly come forward.

Seriously though I always board last (not because I'm driven from the FCT, but because I avoid sitting on aircraft longer than required) and anyone occupying the OH bin and not seated in my row has a problem with me. Rarely do I encounter resistance.
Usually in my humble experience, the first row of bins is occupied with crew luggage or with magazines or with safety equipment. At least with OS/LX and some extent LH.
My bag usually ends up in the middle seat next to me in row two, as everything else is taken.

(Never, ever, have I complained about the coat hanging debacle)
Old May 27, 2015, 10:13 am

It will get interesting (and maybe ugly..) when people with perfectly decent sized carry-on luggage (but which don't fit into the way-too-small metal bins used at ZRH and many more airports by LX) are forced to check their carry-on against a big fee by LX..
Old May 27, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..I would suspect the bins on the A32S neo series coming soon will also play catch up.
Maybe those can be made adjustable too? In order to maintain maximum discomfort for the stinkin' Y passenger? After all passengers need to be punished for buying what the airlines advertise so aggressively.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Does anybody have experience with the flex tickets? I want to be flexible for the return flight of a trip, as its relatively far ahead in the future. But of course now that far ahead return leg is in K class. Do I understand correctly that they call a K flex ticket flexible just because rebooking to another K is free?
If yes I will just buy two oneways, however stupid that is.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:55 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I read somewhere that LH was considering(?) to allow same-day re-bookings to an earlier flight free of charge for flex tickets regardless of the availability of the same fare class.

Can someone confirm this? This would actually be an incentive to book flex on a later flight, and I've two flights next week where I'll test this, but I'd like to be prepared...

HTB.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:57 am

Nope thats an urban legend. Right now if you buy a KFLEX you're pretty much doomed.

We mentioned that at the Kamingespraech and even Garnardt accepted that L/T/K-flex made no sense (just like Y/B/M - light didnt't make any sense either). He promised to look into that.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Am I missing something?

Starting in summer 2015, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS are introducing a new price concept on European routes: the new Economy Class fares, Light, Classic and Flex, will be available in each booking class.
I am just checking one-way fare from LHR to VIE. I can only see fares starting from EUR 500. Its nothing surprising. Even the LIGHT fare costs you almost EUR 500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.