Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:21 am

Back in the day SEN was enough to get those seats.
I can't imagine there being that much demand at this price so would just ask at check in.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Originally Posted by Lack
Back in the day SEN was enough to get those seats.
I can't imagine there being that much demand at this price so would just ask at check in.
Thanks for moving this to the correct thread! Seems like I missed my chance to reserve the F seat by a few weeks. For now, only one of them is taken, so may wait and try my luck at check in.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Have had now had several times experience on LH404 (FRA-JFK) and LH406 (TXL-JFK) and observed that the coveted First seats are free to be selected without the advertised charge from approx 72 hours before departure time.

This seems to be the same logic as for ASR (advanced seat reservation) on other flights (e.g. emergency exit seats in shorthaul economy).

Last edited by Ziegenhorn; Feb 24, 2018 at 9:35 am Reason: Formatting
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I ended up booking MUC-HND and return on LH.com and managed to pick 1K in both directions. Thanks to oliver2002 for telling me how to book all segments in Z. Let’s hope they don’t change the equipment to 359.
LH is turning LH714/715 into a 4-class service in S18 still on the 346 and kicked me out of 1K to row 4 and row 12.

Interestingly the business cabin on the flight to HND is already “airport checkin only” 3 weeks out according to EF. The load is F6A6J3C2D1Z0P0 with the back of the bus either full or oversold. Let’s see what will happen though an op-up seems unlikely on a Z fare.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: LH HON
LH is turning LH714/715 into a 4-class service in S18 still on the 346 and kicked me out of 1K to row 4 and row 12.

Interestingly the business cabin on the flight to HND is already “airport checkin only” 3 weeks out according to EF. The load is F6A6J3C2D1Z0P0 with the back of the bus either full or oversold. Let’s see what will happen though an op-up seems unlikely on a Z fare.
LH714/715 is actually switching to A350 in S18
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Hope the LH lurkers actually ‘lurk’ if anyone deserves an op up it’s got to be YOU !

Good luck & wishing you a great trip !
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Looking to possibly fly NGO-FRA which is operated by a 346 with F not sold. EF is showing the seats as blue / blocked with an X. Do those seats become available on checkin, or does this mean they're already taken, or what's the story? I'm a UA 1K if that helps (i.e. if there's any priority for Star Golds for those seats).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Looking to possibly fly NGO-FRA which is operated by a 346 with F not sold. EF is showing the seats as blue / blocked with an X. Do those seats become available on checkin, or does this mean they're already taken, or what's the story? I'm a UA 1K if that helps (i.e. if there's any priority for Star Golds for those seats).
What date? I haven’t found any date when LH737 is operated by a 346. If I know the date I can try dummy booking to check what seats are available to me as SEN.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:08 am

What date? I haven’t found any date when LH737 is operated by a 346. If I know the date I can try dummy booking to check what seats are available to me as SEN.
Wow you’re right, I just went through a few dozen random dates and it’s the ONLY one! June 30.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:32 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

Wow you’re right, I just went through a few dozen random dates and it’s the ONLY one! June 30.
In this case I would not count on the 346 operating this particular leg. A lot things can change in 5+ months time. I would hope for the F seat - if it happens, you're lucky, but I would not try to get worked up about it if it doesn't materialize.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
In this case I would not count on the 346 operating this particular leg. A lot things can change in 5+ months time. I would hope for the F seat - if it happens, you're lucky, but I would not try to get worked up about it if it doesn't materialize.
Oh I’m absolutely OK with that, I wouldn’t book it _for_ that reason, but i’m curious what the rules of those seats are - if any.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:37 am

Interesting!

As you will see below I can choose any of the seats in rows 1 & 2 which are marked “Preferred” so I expect they will become available at check-in. I don’t expect this is a SEN/HON-heavy route. The LH seatmap matches that of EF.

I hope this will not be like MUC-HND last year which was going to be operated by a 346 without F service initially but later introduced F service and kicked me out of 1A.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:45 am

Interesting!

As you will see below I can choose any of the seats in rows 1 & 2 which are marked “Preferred” so I expect they will become available at check-in. I don’t expect this is a SEN/HON-heavy route. The LH seatmap matches that of EF.

I hope this will not be like MUC-HND last year which was going to be operated by a 346 without F service initially but later introduced F service and kicked me out of 1A.
Interesting - thanks! Looking at the year, there is no other 346 so I kind of doubt it - maybe they had to bring the 343 in for maintenance or something.

I don’t know if it’s SEN heavy - automotive manufacturers are all there so there could be a good amount of elite traffic. But worth hoping for!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:51 am

Interesting - thanks! Looking at the year, there is no other 346 so I kind of doubt it - maybe they had to bring the 343 in for maintenance or something.

I don’t know if it’s SEN heavy - automotive manufacturers are all there so there could be a good amount of elite traffic. But worth hoping for!
Possibly related to this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_G20_Osaka_summit
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:02 am

Interesting. Could be! I better grab those seats fast then!

[edit] and done. I wonder if this flight won’t carry any G20 traffic though. There’s no ITM-NGO flight at all, and HND-NGO doesn’t connect. So seems like more of an aberration rather than a planned capacity expansion. Also curious that it has award space available - which pretty much NONE of the other LH flights from Japan in that date range do. Oh well, we’ll see I guess!

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jan 21, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.