LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Interesting. Could be! I better grab those seats fast then!

[edit] and done. I wonder if this flight won’t carry any G20 traffic though. There’s no ITM-NGO flight at all, and HND-NGO doesn’t connect. So seems like more of an aberration rather than a planned capacity expansion. Also curious that it has award space available - which pretty much NONE of the other LH flights from Japan in that date range do. Oh well, we’ll see I guess!
NGO is about 2 hours by train from Osaka. When KIX was out of action after a powerful typhoon last September LH upgraded FRA-NGO to the 744 for a while to compensate for the absence of flights to KIX. NGO was considered a possible alternative to KIX. Or perhaps LH is surreptitiously sending a 346 to NGO in case the government plane goes belly up again and Mrs Merkel has to fly commercial.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
NGO is about 2 hours by train from Osaka. When KIX was out of action after a powerful typhoon last September LH upgraded FRA-NGO to the 744 for a while to compensate for the absence of flights to KIX. NGO was considered a possible alternative to KIX. Or perhaps LH is surreptitiously sending a 346 to NGO in case the government plane goes belly up again and Mrs Merkel has to fly commercial.
I looked at the flights around then and I don’t know if that’s the case. I thought you’re right, but look at the other flights to Japan: KIX doesn’t change from a 359, and HND remains a 74H. It would be MEGA weird for them to upgauge NGO on the one day that is actually less likely for government functionaries to travel (if they finish meetings on the 29th, they’d have to take a pretty early train from Osaka to get to Nagoya airport), not to mention the shinkansen doesn’t get to the airport - you have to change to the Mu Sky express and that’s another half hour or so. So this is hardly a convenient connection - ITM-HND-FRA is a far easier one for lazy government ministers. So I don’t know what the story is here, hmm. Maybe a major concurrent automotive conference? Since NGO is literally 90% of Japan’s automotive industry.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Wow you’re right, I just went through a few dozen random dates and it’s the ONLY one! June 30.
LH737 is scheduled to be an A346 every sunday for the summer schedule:

Code:
Code:
TN30JUNNGOFRA/ALH737
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** FRA FRANKFURT.DE                  30JUN19 07JUL19
 1   LH 737  1246 NGO   FRA 1  1000    1510   0 02APR19 26OCT19 343 12:10
 2   LH 737  7    NGO   FRA 1  1000    1510   0 14APR19 20OCT19 346 12:10
N
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH737 is scheduled to be an A346 every sunday for the summer schedule:

Code:
Code:
TN30JUNNGOFRA/ALH737
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** FRA FRANKFURT.DE 30JUN19 07JUL19
1 LH 737 1246 NGO FRA 1 1000 1510 0 02APR19 26OCT19 343 12:10
2 LH 737 7 NGO FRA 1 1000 1510 0 14APR19 20OCT19 346 12:10
N
Ah! That makes more sense (somehow). Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by burmaflyer
Hi all -- tried searching for this, as was sure it must have been discussed in the past, but was unsuccessful I am booked to travel from JFK to TXL in C class in March. LH has an F cabin on the plane, but no F service. At the moment, these are available for C passengers to reserve for an extra Euro 450. My question: is it worth paying for this, or do I hope to get one during online check in? Any experience from FTers on this? I'm booked in a standard business class fare, and am SEN on LH, if that increases chances during check in?
Originally Posted by Lack
Back in the day SEN was enough to get those seats.
I can't imagine there being that much demand at this price so would just ask at check in.
Originally Posted by burmaflyer
Thanks for moving this to the correct thread! Seems like I missed my chance to reserve the F seat by a few weeks. For now, only one of them is taken, so may wait and try my luck at check in.
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Have had now had several times experience on LH404 (FRA-JFK) and LH406 (TXL-JFK) and observed that the coveted First seats are free to be selected without the advertised charge from approx 72 hours before departure time.

This seems to be the same logic as for ASR (advanced seat reservation) on other flights (e.g. emergency exit seats in shorthaul economy).
Just wanted to report on my experience this month... thanks to a few maintainance related issues our A359 flights were switched to A346 relatively late. On the outbound the switch happened about 10h before depature and the inbound about 40h.
For the outbound I was able to change from 3A in C to 1A in F as a SEN booked in P, but my family (on separate award reservation) could not pick the open 1K. (1A and 1K are usually free on the A359 config because they are designated as parent & child) When we got to the airport the agent at the F/SEN desk tried to get 1K but Altea said no. She fobbed us off saying it must be inop or for crew. By the time I got to the lounge someone else had snagged it.
For the return I saw that 1D was available for ASR so I gambled on a switch to A346 and did an ASR into 1D for my wife. When the A346 was assigned to our flight the ASR held. Once checkin opened I was again able to get 1A, but unable to get 1K for anyone on the other booking.

In the end we had 1A & D and 4AC. The Kids got their 'poor mans F' experience and are happy. Next month I'm off to DEL and have put myself into 2A just in case they swap again
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Recently I experienced something different on BKK-FRA. Following equipment change from A343 to A346, HON we’re automatically reseated into rows 1 & 2 (poor man’s First Class). The LH app was still showing the original A343 seat assignment. At check in though all seats were shuffled to seat HONs into rows 1 & 2.
vantage03 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:25 am

Looking at some flights on a route I will take end of next week it seems the A359 to A346 swap was already done well in advance. The theory of emptying row 1 and 2 seems to have some merit... also the seats are marked / to designate restricted availability for SEN/HON.

Code:
>

SM LH 0763/C/12SEPDELMUC/V

SM LH 0763/C/12SEPDELMUC/V
SM LH  0763  C 12SEP DELMUC        346
        A     D  G     K 
C  1    /     +  +     /   1  C
   2    +     +  +     /   2   
        A     D  G     K 

A  C     D  G     H  K 
C  3     +  +     +  +     +  +    3  C
   4     +  +     +  +     +  +    4   
   5     +  +     .  .     +  +    5   
   6     .  .     .  .     .  .    6   
   7     .  .     +  H     U  U    7   
  10 <            .  +           > 10  
  11 <   C  I     .  .     I  C  > 11  
  12 <   .  .     .  .     .  .  > 12  
         A  C     D  G     H  K 
. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT 
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET 
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR
Y CHARGEABLE

>

SM LH 0762/C/11SEPMUCDEL/V

SM LH 0762/C/11SEPMUCDEL/V
SM LH  0762  C 11SEP MUCDEL        346
        A     D  G     K 
C  1    /     +  +     /   1  C
   2    +     +  +     +   2   
        A     D  G     K 

A  C     D  G     H  K 
C  3     +  +     +  +     +  +    3  C
   4     +  +     +  +     +  .    4   
   5     +  +     .  +     +  +    5   
   6     +  +     .  .     .  .    6   
   7     +  +     H  H     U  +    7   
  10 <            .  .           > 10  
  11 <   C  I     .  .     I  C  > 11  
  12 <   .  .     .  .     .  .  > 12  
         A  C     D  G     H  K 
. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT 
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET 
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I am on LH413 from EWR to MUC in 2 wks in P class. I happened to notice my seat assignment changed. The A359 was changed to an A346. Rows 1 and two are booked in the middle seats and the windows show as blocked (on Expertflyer). I hav eno status on LH and have so far left my M+M number in for ease of accessing the reservation. Is there any advantage to entering a *G frequent flyer number? Are these seats generally accessible just to Senators/Hon or are they available to all at online checkin? Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:53 am
Suspended

"3-class" 747-8

If the 747-8 is put on a three-class route and first is open for business class passengers, is it free for J pax to select a seat there or is it for status passenger only?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
I think it would only be free for HON, if they bothered or needed to open the F cabin.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Usually the first seats are bookable for LH SEN/HON and not for others until checkin. If you tell me the flight data I can check if I can reserve first seats or not.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dschaimz
Usually the first seats are bookable for LH SEN/HON and not for others until checkin. If you tell me the flight data I can check if I can reserve first seats or not.
Thanks so much, just dropped you a DM.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have seen the F cabin only open when J was full. BOS-MUC often saw a 346 when 359s were in short supply. Flying that a bit I was able to snag an F seat as a *G at OLCI ... when J was full. Other times they didn't open the cabin at all and it went out empty ... J was not full.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have seen the F cabin only open when J was full. BOS-MUC often saw a 346 when 359s were in short supply. Flying that a bit I was able to snag an F seat as a *G at OLCI ... when J was full. Other times they didn't open the cabin at all and it went out empty ... J was not full.
Yes, that’s my expectation, they won’t open the F cabin unless the flight is full or they can make cash 💰 from doing so.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:54 am

The A346 is back in service on the FRA JFK route starting the first week of January. It seems the A346 are being reactived for service ex MUC in S22, but until then will operate ex FRA in 3 class (no F) mode. Pax who want to reserve the F seats in row 1&2 will have to pay 450€ ASR fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.