Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems LH has decided (again) to charge for ASR to F on flights operated with F config.

Originally Posted by rcs
Auf ausgewählten Lufthansa Flügen stehen ab neben dem bereits verfügbaren Angebot zwischen FRA und MLE ab dem 28. November 2017 weitere Flüge mit First Class Sitzen für den Verkauf an Business Class Kunden zur Verfügung. Diese können über alle Buchungskanäle gegen eine streckenabhängige Gebühr reserviert werden. Im GDS sind die First Class Sitze in den Seatmaps mit „L“ gekennzeichnet und können im Rahmen der Standard GDS ASR Prozesse gebucht werden.

Zu beachten ist, dass man in diesem Fall ausschließlich den Komfort des Lufthansa First Class Sitzes erhält, jedoch den Service der Business Class. Alle Konditionen des Business Class Tickets bleiben unverändert. Es besteht auch kein Zutritt zu den First Class Facilities (FCL/FCT) im Rahmen der bezahlten Sitzplatzreservierung.

FRA-MLE LH704 / LH705 im Reisezeitraum 1. November 2017 bis 4. Februar 2018
400 €

FRA-DFW LH438 / LH439 im Reisezeitraum 1. Dezember 2017 bis 22. Januar 2018
550 €

TXL-JFK LH406 / LH407 im Reisezeitraum 1. Dezember 2017 bis 12. März 2018
450 €

FRA-ABV-PHC LH594 / LH595 im Reisezeitraum 1. Dezember 2017 bis 1. Januar 2018
ABV: 350 € / PHC: 450 €

FRA-LAD LH560 / LH561 im Reisezeitraum 14. Januar bis 15. Februar 2018
450 €

FRA-KWI-BAH LH624 / LH625 im Reisezeitraum 14. Januar bis 20. Februar 2018
350 €

FRA-JFK LH404 / LH405 im Reisezeitraum 14. Januar bis 28. Februar 2018
450 €

Senatoren und HON Circle Member sind von der Reservierungsgebühr der First Class Sitze auf den vorgenannten Strecken NICHT ausgenommen. In wieweit ggf. bestehende Reservierungen auf den Plätzen dann in den nächsten Tagen zu einem Re-Seating führen, dürfte spannend werden. Dazu gibt es keine Vorabinformation.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
This worked out for me outbound on SEA-FRA with me and my wife in 1A and 1K. However, on the return we just did, there was a sub to a 747-400 and we had to swap seats with someone in order to sit together.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Some A359 destinations are seeing short term swaps to A346 ex MUC too... curiously the F seats are quickly taken.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some A359 destinations are seeing short term swaps to A346 ex MUC too... curiously the F seats are quickly taken.
Thanks for the headsup. Not HND on my dates unfortunately...
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:38 am

I'm looking at HND-MUC for all of us in early April and it shows as A346... a chance to get the family to enjoy F seats
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Success! Booked LH FRA-SEA a few months ago using Avianca 63k miles J class. Was able to assign seat 1k on 747-8i. Check-in at FRA last week, no change to my seat, no extra cost. Nice flight, seat was terrific, business class service was good. So I got to try LH First seat for the first time at a good deal. Plane was about 60 percent filled in total in my best guess walking through the plane. All 8 F seats taken, business class cabin upper and lower only half full. Great time of year to fly for award availability and less pax loads.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Success! Booked LH FRA-SEA a few months ago using Avianca 63k miles J class. Was able to assign seat 1k on 747-8i. Check-in at FRA last week, no change to my seat, no extra cost. Nice flight, seat was terrific, business class service was good. So I got to try LH First seat for the first time at a good deal. Plane was about 60 percent filled in total in my best guess walking through the plane. All 8 F seats taken, business class cabin upper and lower only half full. Great time of year to fly for award availability and less pax loads.
What FF#/Status did you have in the record at the time you selected seats/checked in for the flight?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What FF#/Status did you have in the record at the time you selected seats/checked in for the flight?
I don't have any status with LH, nor with Avianca, nor with any other airline.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm looking at HND-MUC for all of us in early April and it shows as A346... a chance to get the family to enjoy F seats
If I book HND-MUC as a codeshare (NH flight number) will I be able to select an F seat? I can book the same flight on LH.com but for the same price NH will book me into Z while LH will book me into P.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If I book HND-MUC as a codeshare (NH flight number) will I be able to select an F seat? I can book the same flight on LH.com but for the same price NH will book me into Z while LH will book me into P.
SEN hotline can get you the seat even if the website refuses to I guess. And don't worry, they will change the equipment to 359 before the flight just to annoy you :-)
N1003U likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:24 am

LH will automatically show you any booking made in your list of bookings and you will be able to pick seats on codeshares. That said I doubt they will make the HND F seats available for free.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
LH will automatically show you any booking made in your list of bookings and you will be able to pick seats on codeshares. That said I doubt they will make the HND F seats available for free.
I booked three tickets end April on MUC HND and could pick 1 row with no charges
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:50 am

I know, but just managing expectation. LH has given out a plan to charge for these on most routes... its only a matter of time when they note loopholes... especially for bookings in Q2/18..?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I ended up booking MUC-HND and return on LH.com and managed to pick 1K in both directions. Thanks to oliver2002 for telling me how to book all segments in Z. Let’s hope they don’t change the equipment to 359.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
How do F seats get assigned when no F service is offered?

Hi all -- tried searching for this, as was sure it must have been discussed in the past, but was unsuccessful I am booked to travel from JFK to TXL in C class in March. LH has an F cabin on the plane, but no F service. At the moment, these are available for C passengers to reserve for an extra Euro 450. My question: is it worth paying for this, or do I hope to get one during online check in? Any experience from FTers on this? I'm booked in a standard business class fare, and am SEN on LH, if that increases chances during check in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.