Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More Bargain Fares - LOT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Miles & More Bargain Fares - LOT

My wife and I each have 60,000 points in our Luthansa Miles and More accounts. I have been hoping we could use to fly from Chicago to Europe in Business, using the Miles and More Bargain Fares at 55,000 miles each. To avoid the huge $1,000+ surcharge and fees I have been looking for LOT flights, which have much lower surcharges, but after several months, have seen only Economy offered on LOT, and no Business. Has anyone ever seen LOT Business Class offered out of Chicago on the Bargain site, and if so, when should I look?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:45 am

Welcome to FT!

Not sure about ORD, but they did offer NYC a while back (long one).

They also run their own bargain redemption sales through email newsletters, but I haven't seen a C class special there.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Thumbs down Miles & More Bargain Fares - LOT

Regarding taxes, etc the most crazy thing is that from Frankfurt to USA taxes are 500/600 USD return ticket. In case you will start in USA it would be 950/1000 USD. Lufthansa "non stop cheating you"
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa
Regarding taxes, etc the most crazy thing is that from Frankfurt to USA taxes are 500/600 USD return ticket. In case you will start in USA it would be 950/1000 USD. Lufthansa "non stop cheating you"
Taxes are the same, Lufthansa is just adding solidarity fee accounting for the higher dollar! :-)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I don't know if this helps, but I've seen availability with UA for LOT "saver" awards in business class lately out of JFK.

Possible to go ORD-JFK-WAW with the ORD-JFK leg being UA?

Not sure how M&M works with partner awards but just something possibly for you to check.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:02 am

Saver UA is just regular M&M redemption. Every month LH has their special promo for award flights, where a C round trip is only 55k miles. But you have to pay the full taxes&surcharges, so the OP is asking if LO has any specials (they have much lower surcharges).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
Saver UA is just regular M&M redemption. Every month LH has their special promo for award flights, where a C round trip is only 55k miles. But you have to pay the full taxes&surcharges, so the OP is asking if LO has any specials (they have much lower surcharges).
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.