M&M going to length to deny status due to system error

Old Feb 20, 15, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.5MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
M&M going to length to deny status due to system error

In 2013, I re-qualified for SEN by flying 109607 status miles. Most of my tickets had been purchased via the UA website using LH metal. In March 2014 I received a letter from M&M that 13244 miles were reversed because they had posted to my UA account. I looked up the boarding passes for the flights in question which all showed my SEN number as the account to be credited. When questioning M&M on why they had credited my UA account even though I had requested the miles to go to LH, they just responded with a standard letter about....I shouldn't have booked thru UA and it's my fault that the miles went to UA. M&M was (and is) unwilling to fix the problem that was caused by their system. Even offers to try to get the miles back from UA or to come to any other kind of resolution has been answered by the typically German arrogance of "we don't make mistakes".

So even if you keep your boarding passes for proof of mileage credit, M&M doesn't care. Customer Service at it's finest. One more customer lost which seems to happen quite often these days.
Old Feb 20, 15, 9:55 pm

Contact the LH Lurker in the appropriate topic. Hopefully they can help.
Old Feb 20, 15, 11:01 pm
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Very similar when it happens the other way round. "As a one-time gesture of good will we exceptionally are reversing the mileage credit we have done by mistake". And then the lurkers went on to clarify that "the mileage card provided at the time of booking will be credited", a claim which lacks any basis whatsoever.

Total chaos and nobody willing to take responsibility.

HTB.
Old Feb 21, 15, 1:41 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
I wonder where they got your UA MP number and how they credited the miles to that account if you have only inserted your M&M number in the booking even if you make the booking on UA.com !!!!
Old Feb 21, 15, 2:02 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Get over it - LH status is overrated anyway....
Old Feb 21, 15, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.5MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I wonder where they got your UA MP number and how they credited the miles to that account if you have only inserted your M&M number in the booking even if you make the booking on UA.com !!!!
When I log in to the UA website to book, I use my UA number since I typically have to take a feeder flight on UA to connect to LH.....no longer. LH is history for me.
Old Feb 21, 15, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer View Post
Get over it - LH status is overrated anyway....
I agree 100%..... you would just wonder that in times were customers are running away from LH, their customer service would be an internal focus to stop the bleeding....
Old Mar 4, 15, 5:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Christefan View Post
So even if you keep your boarding passes for proof of mileage credit, M&M doesn't care. Customer Service at it's finest. One more customer lost which seems to happen quite often these days.
Send copies of everything related to the issue while clearly stating your exact expectations to:

Lufthansa Customer Relation USA
PO Box 425
East Meadow, New York 11554

as well as to...

Henry Bickel
Supervisor, Customer Feedback North America
Von-Gablenz-Straße 2-6
50679 Köln, Deutschland
{firstname}.{lastname} @ dlh.de

If it's not rectified after that, then send that package to:

Jens Bischof
Vertrieb, Produkt & Marketing
Von-Gablenz-Straße 2-6
50679 Köln, Deutschland
Old Feb 5, 16, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grog View Post
Send copies of everything related to the issue while clearly stating your exact expectations to:

Lufthansa Customer Relation USA
PO Box 425
East Meadow, New York 11554

as well as to...

Henry Bickel
Supervisor, Customer Feedback North America
Von-Gablenz-Straße 2-6
50679 Köln, Deutschland

If it's not rectified after that, then send that package to:

Jens Bischof
Vertrieb, Produkt & Marketing
Von-Gablenz-Straße 2-6
50679 Köln, Deutschland
Thanks for the info. I did send my case along with my cut up FTL card to Dr. Reinhold Huber and actually received a call from somebody in his office. After a couple of calls back and forth, LH decided that there was nothing they could (wanted to) do about my case and that their decision was final.
I just spend my last few miles and can now proudly state that I am cured from ever having to fly LH again. After having flown 1MM+ on LH, they lost a loyal customer over 10k incorrectly posted status miles.
Old Feb 6, 16, 2:19 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Trust me they do not care....
Old Feb 6, 16, 4:57 am
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer View Post
I'm afraid you're right. And that's part of the reason why I went from being almost an LH fan to a seing LH as one of many providers of an exchangeable service.

I believe that must have been intended by LH's move from a loyalty-based scheme to a transaction-based scheme. Or did they think that move won't be mirrored by customers?

HTB.
Old Feb 8, 16, 12:01 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by htb View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer

I'm afraid you're right. And that's part of the reason why I went from being almost an LH fan to a seing LH as one of many providers of an exchangeable service.

I believe that must have been intended by LH's move from a loyalty-based scheme to a transaction-based scheme. Or did they think that move won't be mirrored by customers?

HTB.
They just donot care....
Old Feb 8, 16, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kasi View Post
They just donot care....
So true. But I believe many of us Feel the same way about them.
Old Feb 8, 16, 5:51 pm

LH has the worst customer service in Europe , German vice
Old Feb 8, 16, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Christefan View Post
When I log in to the UA website to book, I use my UA number since I typically have to take a feeder flight on UA to connect to LH.....no longer. LH is history for me.
Well, this is an interesting point. If you are *G with Lufthansa, what difference does it make if your MP number is associated with the booking? Even if you're just FTL, you can enjoy all your benefits (except E+) if you just wave your card at anyone at the airport.

Were you by any chance trying to double-dip? Did you book with your MP number, and used it for the feeder flight (to credit to MP), and then somehow changed it to M&M just for the TATL segment?

There are two frequent flyer values on a booking, FQTV and FQTS. FQTV is where the miles are credited; FQTS is which benefits you're using. If you were switching FF numbers mid-travel, what could have happened is that only FQTS was changed (and that's why your BP showed your SEN number - it shows the benefits status and is completely unrelated to crediting) and FQTV was still on MP.

This is why, if your miles are critical to attain your status, you should never ever gamble with dual FF numbers, even at the cost of losing a few benefits.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: