M&M going to length to deny status due to system error

Old Feb 8, 16, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hdogan View Post
There are two frequent flyer values on a booking, FQTV and FQTS. FQTV is where the miles are credited; FQTS is which benefits you're using. If you were switching FF numbers mid-travel, what could have happened is that only FQTS was changed (and that's why your BP showed your SEN number - it shows the benefits status and is completely unrelated to crediting) and FQTV was still on MP.
Unless somebody specifically entered an SSR with FQTS, the FFP is always in the more general FQTV field.

Till last april, this switching back and forth at the airport didn't show in the FFP credit, what mattered was the FFP number in the original PNR. With CITP/Altea the situation is a bit better, but still the FFP number in the PNR beats everything.
Old Feb 8, 16, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
If tickets were bought on UA stock, strange things can happen when information is exchanged between SHARES and whatever LH is using at the time... I've had a lot of that in the past year, our corporate TA automatically assigns my MP number to bookings, I would switch it to M&M for seat assignment when flying LH/LX, and then would use various ways of switching it back to MP if I need it... and results are very inconsistent.
Old Feb 9, 16, 12:25 am

Just because it's issued in 016 stock doesn't necessarily mean the PNR is transmitted to LH via shares. It really boils down to the system the agent uses.
Old Feb 9, 16, 1:43 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
So there is no way to make sure it credits to the correct FFP?
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:08 am

If you enter the correct FFP in the PNR before checkin and don't switch at any point life is good.
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:18 am

I've done the "enter one FF# for status and another for miles" dance on LH with following procedure and it worked without any problems:

a) before check-in, change your FF# on PNR to the one where you have status
b) check-in, select seat, enjoy exit row if in Y
c) change FF# on PNR to the one where you want the miles to go
d) generate BPs again - they will have new FF#

I only use mobile BP in passbook and show the *G ones to lounge dragons - I scan the other one at the gate.

Dunno if half of this steps if irrelevant or redundant, but this has been working for me without any hitch.
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's all well and good... but the advice here is don't switch FFP's on a PNR when the credit is critical to your status renewal. On the odd change the "wrong" FFP is used you will be screwed.
Old Feb 9, 16, 4:15 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
In my experience most agents are clueless about FQTV/FQTS. I use it for the (allowed) double dipping with SQ to track the PPS value.
The idea is to credit the miles to M&M and show my SQ PPS status.
Routing was DUS-MUC-SIN-XXX-SIN-MUC-DUS.

Corp. travel agent: Sure, I will change your reservation accordingly. (It later turned out they totally messed it up)
Agent in DUS: No clue about FQTS / FQTV we donīt have that, you need to talk to SQ. They said my SEN number is in the system and I should be just fine. Boarding pass says SEN, miles for dus-muc posted on Krisflyer .
SQ agent in MUC. We know how to do it of course. LEt me change your boarding passes. All the bp showed SQ PPS AND LH*G. Miles posted on M&M, PPS value was tracked automatically ^. Only the last segment muc-dus posted on krisflyer again .

My conclusion is that this FQTS / FQTV thing with SQ only works on SQ flights but not on the LH feeder flights.
In the past I just flew with my SEN no and added the pps value online after the flight.
Old Feb 15, 16, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.5MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by hdogan View Post
Well, this is an interesting point. If you are *G with Lufthansa, what difference does it make if your MP number is associated with the booking? Even if you're just FTL, you can enjoy all your benefits (except E+) if you just wave your card at anyone at the airport.

Were you by any chance trying to double-dip? Did you book with your MP number, and used it for the feeder flight (to credit to MP), and then somehow changed it to M&M just for the TATL segment?

There are two frequent flyer values on a booking, FQTV and FQTS. FQTV is where the miles are credited; FQTS is which benefits you're using. If you were switching FF numbers mid-travel, what could have happened is that only FQTS was changed (and that's why your BP showed your SEN number - it shows the benefits status and is completely unrelated to crediting) and FQTV was still on MP.

This is why, if your miles are critical to attain your status, you should never ever gamble with dual FF numbers, even at the cost of losing a few benefits.
Your point is well taken. Looking back, you are always wiser..... The point here was that LH reversed the miles the following year when I had no more chance to do anything about it and then made the statement "we don't make mistakes". Since there was nothing that I could have done to make up the missing miles, this became a case for customer care and granting an exception.....based on my history (and loyalty) with LH. But instead they chose to loose a customer....
Old Feb 15, 16, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: DM 3.5MM, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by luftair View Post
LH has the worst customer service in Europe , German vice
Their US based CS is even worst. They sent me the letter "...we don't make mistakes..."
Old Feb 15, 16, 2:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I think the problem is also that the US based CS do not have to power to override the status.
Old Feb 15, 16, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Christefan View Post
this became a case for customer care and granting an exception.....based on my history (and loyalty) with LH. But instead they chose to loose a customer....
Unfortunately, they couldn't care less about customer retention.
Old Feb 15, 16, 9:55 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klausa View Post
I've done the "enter one FF# for status and another for miles" dance on LH with following procedure and it worked without any problems:

a) before check-in, change your FF# on PNR to the one where you have status
b) check-in, select seat, enjoy exit row if in Y
c) change FF# on PNR to the one where you want the miles to go
d) generate BPs again - they will have new FF#

I only use mobile BP in passbook and show the *G ones to lounge dragons - I scan the other one at the gate.

Dunno if half of this steps if irrelevant or redundant, but this has been working for me without any hitch.
From my experience it is not working on LH anymore. It used to work about 2 years ago. On the new crappy system switching FFP on LH will end with random miles credit. FFP printed on BP does not matter. Even worse - it is very risky to enter reservation number on LH mobile application, if you do not want to credit miles to M&M.

Last edited by SPlDER; Feb 15, 16 at 8:46 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: