Search

Bye bye SEN hood....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Bye bye SEN hood....

Well, ladies and gents,

I finally did it! Gave up on LH this year. Though, they were nice to throw me a farewell 10K miles and offering to pay 2K euros to extend it for one more year, I doubdt that I will do it.

But at one point, it striked me, how come there is no expiration date on the 2K extention offer? Doe it mean that I can pay at any time in 2015 to become SEN again, or will this "generous offer" will turn into pumpkin, at midnight on Feb 28th? Does anyone knows?

Thnx
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by VictorXray
..But at one point, it striked me
You mean LH stroke on you?
how come there is no expiration date on the 2K extention offer? Doe it mean that I can pay at any time in 2015 to become SEN again, or will this "generous offer" will turn into pumpkin, at midnight on Feb 28th? Does anyone knows?

Thnx
If they need 2K EUR more than they need get rid of customers for their lounges, I am sure they tike it in any such time period.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:10 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
But at one point, it striked me, how come there is no expiration date on the 2K extention offer? Doe it mean that I can pay at any time in 2015 to become SEN again, or will this "generous offer" will turn into pumpkin, at midnight on Feb 28th? Does anyone knows?
I think the deal becomes better for LH the later you pay the 2k€.

HTB.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

Asking this question means only one thing: You are still having a great passion for SEN hood
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:15 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Asking this question means only one thing: You are still having a great passion for SEN hood
^

So the thread title of the first post should also be changed!

It's not "Bye bye SEN hood" but "Please deliver me arguments to fork out 2k Euro".

@VictorXRay: You yourself should do the maths:

1.) Difference of the number of lounge access segmnnts as FTL or SEN * personal value of each visit
2.) Emotional value of the shiny card vs. the FTL one * personal value of each posing (?)
3.) Do you have a credit card attached?
4.) Face value of the eVouchers?

and so on.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:54 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gum
4.) Face value of the eVouchers?
Be careful: it's only one.

HTB.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I am in an almost identical situation as the OP. With the same offers. Now that I have completely given up on Star not just LH group the drop to FTL means nothing to me. This years strikes to go along with the total gutting of SEN over the last few years of were the final straw for me. The €2000 1 year extension offer seems expensive but then people spend more money than that doing mileage runs to places they don't need to go so it might suit some. I might have considered it if I cared anymore and was at say 60K miles in my last year year. If I see a decent offer for example in LX longhaul business I'll just buy it with no concern about whether or not I hold any status with Star anymore. Otherwise I just get qualified for my BA Gold each year now and from then I just buy OW or whatever premium fares on other non-OW airlines work for me. No longer need status in more than one alliance.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
No, no, no. I enjoyed my SEN for 5+ years, but it was my mistake to put all the miles this year (2014) into LH! Not only I didn't secured my SEN, but started to put miles into TK too late...(though, they do status match anyway)! For 2K euros I can achieve *Gold with TK or A3.

Much love
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I am in an almost identical situation as the OP. With the same offers. Now that I have completely given up on Star not just LH group the drop to FTL means nothing to me. This years strikes to go along with the total gutting of SEN over the last few years of were the final straw for me. The €2000 1 year extension offer seems expensive but then people spend more money than that doing mileage runs to places they don't need to go so it might suit some. I might have considered it if I cared anymore and was at say 60K miles in my last year year. If I see a decent offer for example in LX longhaul business I'll just buy it with no concern about whether or not I hold any status with Star anymore. Otherwise I just get qualified for my BA Gold each year now and from then I just buy OW or whatever premium fares on other non-OW airlines work for me. No longer need status in more than one alliance.
I also gave up on LH & Star this year when LH cut the earnings on H Q & V fares. Now I'm flying BA and will be Gold after my next trip to the US. I must say that although connecting in London is a bit of a pain, it's nice to be treated fairly with respect to earning (BA gives at least 100% on all fares on their own metal). The funny thing is that after I made the decision to stop buying economy with LH, when I switched to BA I started buying premium economy, business and even first. So if my calculations are correct, I have spent about $15K with BA this past year plus another $15K for my family (for a total of 12 round trips so roughly $2500/trip)--all money that will not go to LH because they cut the earnings on their mid-tier economy fares. Now I know that is not a lot of money and LH will probably not miss me. On the other hand, it somehow feels good to be giving my money to oneworld and not *A.

I know vindictiveness is not seemly but I would like to let LH (M&M?) know that I did what I did because they did what they did. Is there a specific person I should write to in CS?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by eefor jfp

I know vindictiveness is not seemly but I would like to let LH (M&M?) know that I did what I did because they did what they did. Is there a specific person I should write to in CS?
Do you think they care about your plea I doubt it.

I am sure when M&M reduced all mileage earnings for lower Y class fares they know they will lose a lot of loyal customers who are flying in that category. I am sure it was part of their projected revenues calculations
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Do you think they care about your plea I doubt it.
Individually they might not care for anyone but 30k/year is not small money.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
well i see i'm in good company and many people leaving M&M...i just did the same and moved to TK.
the reason is pretty simple, i fly reasonably a lot (over 100.000 miles per year of effective flight), mostly in economy despite some biz and economy+ and it seems LH enjoys to give less and less miles, no matter what.
So it is mostly impossible for me to reach again 100.000 status miles as most of the time is impossible to get even the full mileage.
For example i fly a lot to china and to get 100% of the miles need to spend basically 1200€, otherwise you have to stay with 50% or 25% of the earning.
When in november I booked a TK in economy+ to China and got to see that i was getting 25% of status miles instead of 150% (actual award miles given) i got pissed and decided to change. My choice was then supported by my following bookings to India and US in Y where i saw that for the same tickets LH would have given me max 50% of the miles wile TK was giving all the time 100%.
May be i don't bring thousands and thousands of € each year, but can be a reasonably good customer as i value the loyalty and prefer to pay little more than to change group.
I'm not looking to an easy card that just gift me the status (as Aegean was basically doing), but a solid program where my loyalty seems more appreciated. Hope TK will match my expectations and after matching the status i hope this year to reach Elite+ by bringing them more biz.

In general i frankly don't understand...IMHO, in general, if there is somebody that actually needs to get the status is whom is flying a lot and mostly in economy as most people flying always in Biz and First don't actually need a card as they have all benefits already.
Theoretically F and J flyers could simply change airline each flight as the benefits are in the ticket and not in the card, while Y flyers have all the interest in flying always with the same company or alliance as they have no other way of earning and enjoying the status benefits.
Of course then it is not actually as above, as most F and J travelers also prefer to collect miles in one account only for useful redemption, however they actually need the miles, not the status.

I see FFP are becoming more and more unrelated with the concept of loyalty and fly, but becoming independent companies doing a completely different biz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.