FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1638653-special-credit-30-10-3-000-status-miles-ftl-sen-hon-strike-comp.html)

Marcin83 Dec 19, 2014 5:16 am

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

LH has surprisingly added to my account 10000 status miles in this concept: "Adjustment: Special Status Miles Cr" (18.12.2014)

W . T F* ?? :p

mmff Dec 19, 2014 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83 (Post 24022618)
LH has surprisingly added to my account 10000 status miles in this concept: "Adjustment: Special Status Miles Cr" (18.12.2014)

W . T F* ?? :p

Same here. No idea what this is about, I have not even been affected by the latest strike actions.

Marcin83 Dec 19, 2014 5:46 am

Originally Posted by mmff (Post 24022658)
Same here. No idea what this is about, I have not even been affected by the latest strike actions.

OK. I was just told, that itīs a kind of compensation for the strikes.

jochen_vdk Dec 19, 2014 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83 (Post 24022684)
OK. I was just told, that itīs a kind of compensation for the strikes.

I do not see the point of awarding status miles as compensation for the strikes to everybody. Would it not make more sense to give award miles?

Unless... the strikes prevented people, like me, to reach status. Could it be that they have given these status miles to everybody that was within 10.000 miles short of reaching the next higher level?

In my case, because of the strikes, I have been rebooked on other flights, for which I have always received the original miles. But I have also booked tickets on other airlines that I would have booked on LH if there was no strike. So yes, I would have had more status miles without the strike. And I am 200 miles short of SEN renewal. So I was happy to see the extra status miles appearing in my account. I will not need to fly the last status run segment :)

It would be more commercial to communicate it, though. Now I am still fearing they will take away these miles again on Dec 31 and I will still be 200 miles short of renewal without the possibility to do one more flight.

htb Dec 19, 2014 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jochen_vdk (Post 24023465)
Unless... the strikes prevented people, like me, to reach status. Could it be that they have given these status miles to everybody that was within 10.000 miles short of reaching the next higher level?

I think they gave it to everyone. I had less than 3000 status miles on my account. Now I have almost 13000.

My first thought was: "Can I change them into award miles?" :D

HTB.

Marcin83 Dec 19, 2014 9:36 am

I do not see the point of awarding status miles as compensation for the strikes to everybody. Would it not make more sense to give award miles?

Now I am still fearing they will take away these miles again on Dec 31 and I will still be 200 miles short of renewal without the possibility to do one more flight.

1. Maybe they realised that there would be "not enough" Senators from 2015 and they did it easier to requalify.
2. I wouldnīt fear that they would take away these extra miles. I was confirmed in SEN-callcentre that it is not an error. In my case, I was 2200 miles short of renewal and I was going to upgrade my "V"-class flight (MAD-FRA-MUC-POZ) to "D" (by paying the difference), but in this case I will not do that.

Forrest Bump Dec 19, 2014 9:53 am

Sadly I fear are just status miles:

A turbulent and eventful year is drawing to a close; a year in which we have invested like no other airline in the quality of our product and in which we were awarded a 5-star rating for our First Class. However, in many respects it has also been a difficult year. Lufthansa is currently in the middle of an industrial dispute, which has resulted in strikes and flight cancellations.

During the strike days we did everything we could to reduce the impact on your travel plans to a minimum. Despite our best efforts, the quality and reliability of our service has not always been what you have come to expect of Lufthansa. On behalf of the Lufthansa Board, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Over and above our public statements about the strikes, it is important to me that you understand our position. Lufthansa management is conducting negotiations with the necessary single-mindedness because the long-term competitiveness of our business is at stake. Only in this way will we be able to continue to invest in our product, in our quality and in precisely those services that you expect from us.

Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to reach a solution as quickly and as expediently as possible.
I am, of course, aware that you may not have been able to take the flights with Lufthansa in 2014 that you planned. Consequently it is possible that your status qualification has been compromised. I therefore want to take this opportunity to award you a one-time credit of 3,000 status miles for the year 2014.

malmostoso Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am

It seems very random though. I also got the email with the 10k status miles, but I did qualify for SEN. Maybe it's a hint to work towards my HON status :D

If I think back about the impact the strike had on me I only had to reschedule one long haul to PHL, so nowhere near 10k miles.

Anyway, good on LH for this gesture.

Forrest Bump Dec 19, 2014 10:06 am

I think it's indifferently to all status holders.

mcdade Dec 19, 2014 10:09 am

As just an FTL I only got 3000 of the status miles. Still no where near what I would need to qualify, so I'll lose that status in 2015.

FlyinDutchman Dec 19, 2014 10:12 am

Nope, I'm roughly at 4000 status Miles for this year and got them, so a total waste. Better if they had been award miles. Anway, I have no intention of requalifying in M&M in the near future.

more4less Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am

I also have received the mail and 10.000 status miles but last week I crossed the 100.000 threshold so I would have preferred 10.000 award miles. ;)

IIRC, back in 2001 KLM/Flying Dutchman extended the elite status by one year because it had been a complicated year for traveling.

Redhat72 Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

Special Credit of 3000 status miles

I got this from Lufthansa corporate. Did anyone else get this? It does help me a bit as I was planning on exchanging some award miles to status miles in order to reach SEN status.

Dear Member,

A turbulent and eventful year is drawing to a close; a year in which we have invested like no other airline in the quality of our product and in which we were awarded a 5-star rating for our First Class. However, in many respects it has also been a difficult year. Lufthansa is currently in the middle of an industrial dispute, which has resulted in strikes and flight cancellations.

During the strike days we did everything we could to reduce the impact on your travel plans to a minimum. Despite our best efforts, the quality and reliability of our service has not always been what you have come to expect of Lufthansa. On behalf of the Lufthansa Board, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Over and above our public statements about the strikes, it is important to me that you understand our position. Lufthansa management is conducting negotiations with the necessary single-mindedness because the long-term competitiveness of our business is at stake. Only in this way will we be able to continue to invest in our product, in our quality and in precisely those services that you expect from us.

Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to reach a solution as quickly and as expediently as possible.
I am, of course, aware that you may not have been able to take the flights with Lufthansa in 2014 that you planned. Consequently it is possible that your status qualification has been compromised. I therefore want to take this opportunity to award you a one-time credit of 3,000 status miles for the year 2014.

My sincerest thanks for your loyalty to Lufthansa, season’s greetings and my very best wishes for a happy and successful 2015.

MichielR Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

For me a gift of 30,000 HON miles. I already requalified so this will push me over the 700,000 threshold. And that means two additional EVouchers. Thanks.

Redhat72 Dec 19, 2014 10:23 am

BTW, they were already credited. I stand now at 96,520 status miles. With no travel coming up this year, I will convert my 8000 award miles to 4000 status miles.