Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I can but I have to pay a hefty re-booking fee of USD$ 600
and how much are you saving on top of time?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I think the airline that invented the infamous "status stars" meanwhile deserves a full dedicated marketing lecture at university. Also include a session on: "How to f@ck up a super loyal customer base by deciding to allocate operational upgrades to one-time full-fare flyers." This move alone has cost LH tenthousands of my Euros every year.
You are really basing your buying decisions on op up incidents that in general happen so seldom?

I am absolutely not annoyed by them grading on ticket prize basis. I am annoyed that they keep telling at least here otherwise.

There are so many better reasons to fly with different airlines imho.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:16 am
BTP

Programs: VS Gold, BA Silver (gold for ~10y 'til recently!)
For those interested in the question of transferring award miles to status miles, I called the service centre and got the official position - it was close to the advice from some other members, but exact.

Once you cross 80k status miles (as an FTL), they offer you online the opportunity to exchange up to 20k award miles for 10k status miles.

For me personally, this is interesting; I'm now at 78k, so if I do an "emergency MR" I only need 12k status miles in my MR - which is much more doable than 22k. I am minded to give it a go between Christmas and New Year.

So, in this case, contrary to my earlier post, this generosity from LH has helped me! But I still think it's absurd.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Luckily I waited for the last minute to either take a mileage run trip to get my last 200 status miles, or to exchange award miles into status miles. So thanks to the 10000 credit, I do not need to do that. I appreciate the gesture. However I can also understand the many people to whom this does not mean anything, or that had already booked mileage run trips before the end of the year.

And my wife got much more annoyed by the strikes since she had to cancel 2 whole trips, for her the status miles credit do not mean anything. Maybe they could have given status and award miles, like that everybody gets something, not only people with only a couple of status miles short of requalification. But that would probably cost them too much money. Or alternatively, status miles that stay valid until end of next year.

I am not going to complain though. I expected nothing, I got something, so I am happy. My wife got something that they will take away again in a couple of days. For her it is like she has got nothing. Also okay.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
To get 200 status miles you could have just converted 400 award miles? If true, then that's nothing
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by BTP
Once you cross 80k status miles (as an FTL), they offer you online the opportunity to exchange up to 20k award miles for 10k status miles.
Maybe it's worth mentioning that these are "M&M Selection Miles" and not simple status miles. For example, for this year I have 125k status miles (including the 10k for the strikes ) but only 47k selection miles: the rest of my status miles were accrued on BR, AC, and UA, which are not part of the M&M Selection scheme.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:57 am

Lufthansa should just have looked at Etihad.

Two months before expiry of my super duper Gold Elite status, they sent me an email explaining how they would accelerate my requalification.
I really fail to understand what this has to do with a good will compensation for a strike

Further more it amazes me that many people fail to understand that to reach a certain status you simply have to fly a certain amount of miles
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:47 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Too funny. Have achieved 257124 Status Miles this year and they give me another 10'000. Thank you Lufthansa! (loool) If they would give at least HON Miles (they might attract one to make HON next year) or SelectMiles (they might attract one to go for the 2 E-Vouchers).

As usual from Lufthansa the whole thing is very non-targeted and for most customers more a joke.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
You are really basing your buying decisions on op up incidents that in general happen so seldom?

I am absolutely not annoyed by them grading on ticket prize basis. I am annoyed that they keep telling at least here otherwise.

There are so many better reasons to fly with different airlines imho.
Well, on my routes I was operationally upgraded ~60% of times from C to F, before they went from relationship to transactional model. Now my upgrade ratio is 0% (zero!).

Emirates and Etihad, on the other hand, regularly upgrade me (Y to J, J to F) as a Platinum / Gold Elite. No matter what fare I pay.

So my business goes to Arabia most of the time, when I have the choice.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a
I really fail to understand what this has to do with a good will compensation for a strike

Further more it amazes me that many people fail to understand that to reach a certain status you simply have to fly a certain amount of miles
This is not a good will compensation for a strike, this is a capacity adjustment mechanism for the number of Elites 2015 (esp. SENs, HONs). LH realized they will have too few Elites next year. A smart loyalty department would have noticed this two months ago and would have tied some commercial benefit to a lowered threshold (the way Etihad did it). Or, if they overslept this opportunity, just offered flyers missing the requalification threshold by a bit a "grace year" in a nice targeted letter in Jan 2015 (instead of exciting everybody about free miles which turn out to be worth nothing for most recipients).
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:25 am

Emirates and Etihad, on the other hand, regularly upgrade me (Y to J, J to F) as a Platinum / Gold Elite. No matter what fare I pay.

So my business goes to Arabia most of the time, when I have the choice.
How is Etihad's business class compared to Lufthansa's new business class?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:29 am

This is not a good will compensation for a strike, this is a capacity adjustment mechanism for the number of Elites 2015 (esp. SENs, HONs). LH realized they will have too few Elites next year. A smart loyalty department would have noticed this two months ago and would have tied some commercial benefit to a lowered threshold (the way Etihad did it). Or, if they overslept this opportunity, just offered flyers missing the requalification threshold by a bit a "grace year" in a nice targeted letter in Jan 2015 (instead of exciting everybody about free miles which turn out to be worth nothing for most recipients).
This is a fact ? Or this is your guess?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by seat 1a
This is a fact ? Or this is your guess?
A guess of course. But given it happens so close to year end and that the awarded miles look like they are carefully staggered by Elite level, I am sure LH M&M have done their math.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72
How is Etihad's business class compared to Lufthansa's new business class?
I personally like EY's business seat and business product better than LH's. And most importantly, they truly appreciate their Elites (they have much fewer of them).
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:36 am

A guess of course. But given it happens so close to year end and that the awarded miles look like they are carefully staggered by Elite level, I am sure LH M&M have done their math.
So your post was completely useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.