Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by RTW1
I know for some people it's impossible to look beyond their own personal situation......
Yes in deed. To help those here is my personal situation:
The 30k bump is completely worthless, I am reducing my LH/LX flights even further for several reason, one of which is relocation to non LH territory and will softland in 16 at Senator. I won't get more vouchers or anything.

Did the strike affect me? Yes it did.

Did it affect my requalification? No. See above.

Did I expect anything on top of compensation and reimbursements for delays and cancellations due to the strike? No.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
This enhancement may well bring joy to the few M&M members within 10K of (re)qualification. But for the rest of us it will be an irritant: at best a curiosity.

It's sad that the marketing luvvies of Lufthansa Towers seem incapable of doing anything that doesn't piss off large chunks of their client base.

Instead of bleating about the unfairness of competition from the ME3, you'd think they might see just a little value in retaining their non-captive frequent flyers.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daumueller
At 188.000 status miles an extra 10k just gets me nowhere... Great idea
Exactly the same here... Completely worthless.
I now have 202.000 for the year.

Thank god I started to fly with Oneworld. Austrian did again a great job in canceling EWR-VIE flight very close before Christmas (and the flight was overbooked).
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Another useless offer. What could we expect from LH anyway?
The people running the program should relocate to 34°39′S / 58°37′W the perfect city for them!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
30k will actually help me to enjoy 2015 without any stress of having to book LH just for HON requalification. I'll finish 2014 with 350k HON miles.
It will also bring me to the next level of "select" miles, so I can chose from the benefots pn offer there.
Thanks LH!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well I got the 3K status miles for FTL and now have 3K status miles for 2014 . Yes personally I would have preferred 3K award miles, but then by not flying LH I also was not impacted by strikes. Happy it helped at least some folks.

After having been SEN for 10 years with LH ticking me off more and more over time I did reduce flying on LH almost down to zero in the last 2 years as FTL and am now looking forward to LH M&M Blue from 03/15 - Ahh sweet freedom.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
For those of us in our non-qualification year this offer is completely useless. For people who aren't within 10K of requalifying in their qualification year, this is completely useless. So it helps at best a few percent of elites. Why not just identify people who were 10K short and offer them requalification? Instead, this makes the whole company look incompetent.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Maybe useless, but this LH marketing idea is simply brilliant, IMHO.
Sheer genius.
Don't forget the vast majority don't even know the difference between status/award miles.
Max return with min effort.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Maybe useless, but this LH marketing idea is simply brilliant, IMHO.
Sheer genius.
Don't forget the vast majority don't even know the difference between status/award miles.
Since the people most affected are SENs and HONs, I'm guessing most know the difference...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
You should work for LH, they also seem to think their members are stupid .
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: LH FTL, Avis CC, A-Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Hi,
I did send an email to Miles & More a few minutes letting them know how poor this gesture was :

I was supposed to fly to LAX early December, deciding to postpone because hummm of some strikes (he he he) and I have booked my Y/E flight for January 2015 (24K miles).
3 days ago, I thought I had missed my SEN milestone by 17 000 miles and now, I am only 7 000 short.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, great, I see myself telling wife & Kids 12 days before the end of the year : All right folks, I am going to SIN or IAH to make my SENhood milestone...

This is clearly a joke, but a bad one !!!!

LH, if you are reading my mail & this forum, make your communication "personal" or simply don't do it

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Looping1234
Hi,
I did send an email to Miles & More a few minutes letting them know how poor this gesture was :

I was supposed to fly to LAX early December, deciding to postpone because hummm of some strikes (he he he) and I have booked my Y/E flight for January 2015 (24K miles).
3 days ago, I thought I had missed my SEN milestone by 17 000 miles and now, I am only 7 000 short.... YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, great, I see myself telling wife & Kids 12 days before the end of the year : All right folks, I am going to SIN or IAH to make my SENhood milestone...

This is clearly a joke, but a bad one !!!!

LH, if you are reading my mail & this forum, make your communication "personal" or simply don't do it

Thanks
You were prepared to let your status go, so what's the difference if you missed by 17k or 7k?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: LH FTL, Avis CC, A-Club Plat, Marriott Gold
None, that´s why sending this sort of unpersonal letter of excuse brings no value add, and is counterproductive for members that had to take alternative decisions during the year... And that are not going to take last minute flights to make a few extra miles...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:34 am

Incredible!
Here they do something to compensate 👍
And get the bashing of their life.
I am sure they could have done nothing , nothing was expected since no threads was started in this forum to demand it ( afaik )
Now they did something , not bad!

Did not effect me in any way , but still appreciate the gesture !

Ducking for cover.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Offering ridiculous compensation is worse than offering no compensation at all. Why? Because it shows how out of touch you are with your customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.