Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
16/06 LH778 FRA-SIN - $360 W->N accepted 48 hours before
21/06 LH779 SIN-FRA - $380 V->N not accepted yet, 48 hours before. I assume it is rejected.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Arnon
21/06 LH779 SIN-FRA - $380 V->N not accepted yet, 48 hours before. I assume it is rejected.
Could also be cleared at the gate.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Could also be cleared at the gate.
That would be amazing. I hurt my back at a trade show and could use the nicer seat!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by longdagger
So I offered upgrades
16-May SIN-FRA US$285
17-May FRA-MCO US$255

2nd leg FRA-MCO accepted (note this is 2 weeks before), but no news for 1st leg

Anyone has experience for upgrades accepted way before 72 hours?
Regarding the FRA-MCO bid for $225, was it from Eco to Biz or PE to Biz?

EK
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
How much did you bid for the accepted FRA-MCO bid, if I my ask?

EK
See the post that you quoted.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
See the post that you quoted.
I just realized seconds after my post so I updated my post to rephrase my question, sorry
Way past bedtime local time so I'll blame fatigue for not having my brain on

EK
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:57 am

The Erikderek_SWE family have an upcoming flight FRA-MCO in December (the week before Christmas), the reason to my previous question.
I consider to bid for Economy to Business, lowest possible bid amount at the moment is $685. We are 4 persons, based on experience from this community, is it worth trying?

We're booked in Economy Light since it was the only option to build an economy class multi-city when I booked back in January, unfortunate we still need to pay for luggage as I understand even if a possible bild is accepted, right?

EK
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
New Data June 29/30: Eco - PE not successful at $200 for ADD-FRA leg, Eco - Biz successful at $680 for FRA-IAH leg (cleared about 4 days ahead).

Both bids for forward legs (IAH-FRA-ADD) from Eco to PE were successful at minimum bids of $175 & 220
GOTBound likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I may have asked this before but want to see if things have changed. Flying LAX to FRA in early Nov. booked in PE on 388 and will be looking to upgrade to business. What are my odds of being made an upgrade offer and when will that come if it is.? Then the question is what have people paid to successfully get the upgrade?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
You have to bid in advance. Highest bids get any seats not sold. May be close to departure.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
The Erikderek_SWE family have an upcoming flight FRA-MCO in December (the week before Christmas), the reason to my previous question.
I consider to bid for Economy to Business, lowest possible bid amount at the moment is $685. We are 4 persons, based on experience from this community, is it worth trying?

We're booked in Economy Light since it was the only option to build an economy class multi-city when I booked back in January, unfortunate we still need to pay for luggage as I understand even if a possible bild is accepted, right?

EK
Try the upgrade for cash option, that is often cheaper than bidding especially ex SE. 685 is pretty high, but then I don't know what fare you paid originally....
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:17 pm

Any experience of C-F bids? I am booked to BKK and the lowest bid is $1400 each way. Same minimum bid despite booking classes being C and Z.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Try the upgrade for cash option, that is often cheaper than bidding especially ex SE. 685 is pretty high, but then I don't know what fare you paid originally....
Thanks for the reply, I don't have the upgrade for cash option (or is it gate only?) We're booked on a Economy Light (L) fare since we booked an open jaw and the only option while booking was L or full fare Y (booked directly from LH's website). We paid SEK 4 008 /ticket, open jaw GOT-MCO and MIA-GOT, leaving days before Christmas and flying home week after New Year, considering the dates of travel the ticket price was a bargain (even considering L fare).

Another question, does special meal disqualify for My Offer PlusGrade when LH algorithm review the bids and accept or reject the bid?
OP, CU and gate upgrades are ineligible when one have a special meal ordered, however a My Offer PlusGrade is cleared <72h before departure so to me this should not be an issue, but I'll like to raise this question to the forum.

EK
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You should see a advance upgrade option when you look at the booking on LH.com. I would add the special meal request around 60h before departure. You have time till T-24h.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You should see a advance upgrade option when you look at the booking on LH.com. I would add the special meal request around 60h before departure. You have time till T-24h.
Regarding special meal, your suggestion is to not add special meals (or in my case remove special meal from booking) until around 60h before departure to have higher chance for a Plug Grade offer to be accepted?

Advance Upgrade not available, I do believe the Economy Light fare (L) is ineligible
for advance upgrade?

EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.