Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
FLR-FRA Y -> Business (P) Minimum Bid $150
FRA-YVR PE -> Business (P) Minimum Bid $600 Maximum Bid $1,400

I offered $650 on the FRA-YVR leg and it was accepted 72 hours out. Interestingly, I could have upfared the entire return in business for ~$1,000 which would have been cheaper than the strong bid for just the long segment.

Flight went out full in business, but PE had open seats as I believe did economy.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:29 am

Hi

I have recently booked a flight LHR-FRA-HKG-MUN-LHR on PE, looking to upgrade to business.
Was wondering the usual rates for upgrades for both bidding and purchasing.
Had a quick glance and unable to find, is purchasing and bidding two different platform?
because some segment outright purchasing is cheaper then then the lowest bid.
I was quoted Ł570 outbound and Ł840 inbound for purchase which is more the cost of business class ticket (including my PE fare)
Is this normal? as I did a dummy booking more than 30 unoccupied business seat on both flights.
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
FRA-PTY bid Ł5 more than minimum. Accepted
PTY-FRA again Ł5 more. Accepted.

Also for future reference A340-300 cityline has a seperate PE cabin. I think its the only type of plane apart from A380. On all the others the PE is between the economy or there is no real seperation.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Just recently bought a cash upgrade in one direction and immediately myoffer disappeared for both directions. Called the SEN line and they were first completely clueless and then said, after putting me on hold and talking to somebody „who should know“, there is nothing they could do. So yes, a cash Upgrade in one direction kills myoffer for the other.
​​​​​
I've actually found out a "trick" around it (hopefully it doesn't get removed) that worked for me 2 weeks ago.

Go to the upgrade offer page, and bookmark it. Leave the page, and ensure your bookmark takes you right back to the offer page. If it does, go ahead and do a paid/cash upgrade. You'll notice the link in your My bookings area is gone - however, your bookmark to myoffer will still work, and allow you to put in bids. Keep in mind though that after you upgrade, it does NOT seem to reflect this in the myoffer page, so make sure you set any cash upgrade segment to "no bid"!

I was able to do a cash upgrade for 2 flights, and even though the link was now gone, I went through my bookmark, submitted bids, and both of those bids later cleared. Interesting note - I was not informed either time when my bid was accepted, however I was informed that my bid had been received.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Came across the option to bid for F again today:

This is for a ticket booked in full fare C (aprox 6500€ for the rt)
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: *G
This ad pic looks like in a hospital.....
SPlDER and romans like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Came across the option to bid for F again today:

This is for a ticket booked in full fare C (aprox 6500€ for the rt)
Just to add a comparison, I have the exact same bid range on "MyOffer" from Business to First for an upcoming RT flight (multi-city), on both longhaul flights, departing and returning from/to South America (GRU-FRA-LHR; VCE-FRA-GRU).

For the paid upgrade, the price for each longhaul flight is circa 1.620 EUR

The RT business ticket was booked in a very discounted P fare (circa 1.930,00 EUR).

Regards,

Criske
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daiseiko
This ad pic looks like in a hospital.....
Yes & anyone bidding up from that fare might be in need of one
ermis177 and romans like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Looked at bids for a colleagues booking in eco (L)

Code:
AN26JANPVGMUC/ALH                                                               
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** MUC MUNICH.DE                 25 SA 26JAN 0000  
 1   LH 727  F6 A4 J9 C9 DL ZL G9 /PVG 2 MUC 2  2355    0525+1E0/346      12:30 
             E1 NL Y9 B9 M4 UL HL QL VL WL SL
Bid for C: 795-2015 US$ E: 265-750 US$
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:06 am

Was informed this morning that my 900USD bid for MRU-FRA tomorrow was unsucceasful, from economy L to business. Looking on seat alerts, it seems the business cabin is full, however 5 seats are blocked rather than occupied, and in PE 2 free, 3 blocked. Doing dummy bookings allows for PE booking and business cabin shows 3 fares available. I rang Lufthansa and they said there are no cash upgrades available to either cabin but to ask at the airport. What are the chances of this?

ETA: I paid for a cash upgrade online on the way over FRA-MRU from economy T to business, and this removed my ability to do an online cash upgrade for tomorrow's flight, but allowed for plus grade bidding
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:53 am

Code:
AN12JANMRUFRA/ALH                                                               
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** FRA FRANKFURT.DE               1 SA 12JAN 0000  
 1CL*LH 579  J3 C3 D3 Z3 G5 E5 NL /MRU   FRA 1  0925    1820  E0/343  IR  11:55 
             Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 SL
Code:
SM LH 0579/C/12JANMRUFRA/V
SM LH  0579  C 12JAN MRUFRA        343
        A  C     D  G     H  K 
C  1    C  /     /  +     +  +   1  C
   2    +  +     +  +     +  +   2   
   3    +  +     H  H     +  +   3   
        A  C     D  G     H  K 

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT 
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET 
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR
Y CHARGEABLE

>
SM LH 0579/E/12JANMRUFRA/V
SM LH  0579  E 12JAN MRUFRA        343
        A  C     D  E  G     H  K 
E  4    +  +     C  I  I     +  +   4  E
   5    +  +     +  +  +     +  +   5   
   6    +  .     /  +  +     +  +   6   
        A  C     D  E  G     H  K
Looks like they are oversold or atleast nicely sold out.
kermit321 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Code:
AN12JANMRUFRA/ALH
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** FRA FRANKFURT.DE 1 SA 12JAN 0000
1CL*LH 579 J3 C3 D3 Z3 G5 E5 NL /MRU FRA 1 0925 1820 E0/343 IR 11:55
Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 SL

Code:
SM LH 0579/C/12JANMRUFRA/V
SM LH 0579 C 12JAN MRUFRA 343
A C D G H K
C 1 C / / + + + 1 C
2 + + + + + + 2
3 + + H H + + 3
A C D G H K

. AVAILABLE <> WING F GEN FACI K GALLEY E EXIT C COT
+ OCCUPIED - LAST OFF H HANDICAP Q QUIET G GROUPS P PET
/ RESTRICTED B BULKHEAD V PREF.SEAT X BLOCKED L LEGROOM U UMNR
() SMOKING D DEPORTEE UP UP-DECK Z NO FILM I INFANT R REAR
Y CHARGEABLE

>
SM LH 0579/E/12JANMRUFRA/V
SM LH 0579 E 12JAN MRUFRA 343
A C D E G H K
E 4 + + C I I + + 4 E
5 + + + + + + + 5
6 + . / + + + + 6
A C D E G H K

Looks like they are oversold or atleast nicely sold out.
Ah bummer, cheers for checking it for me!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: M&M

This is strange, when I made the offer the slider was way to the left, closer to the no offer mark and the arrow was in the white zone. 2 days before departure it has moved by itself. Has anyone seen this before? Just thinking if I should change my bid and save a few dollars.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Link to MyOffer to bid for upgrades from Premium Economy (N) to Business

Dear all,

I trust you experts out there will be able to help.

I bought flights last night from London to Rio de Janeiro in Premium Economy Restricted (N) leaving on Friday March 22nd and returning on Monday April 08th. I paid GBP30 on top of the fare to select seats in row 12 for the LHR-FRA-LHR legs. As soon as payment went through I was offered the opportunity to upgrade the connecting legs LHR-FRA-LHR to Business at GBP40 each which I accepted right away. Happy days – Business on the short legs, Premium Economy on the long-haul (first time flying Lufthansa Premium Economy by the way).

I was hoping to be able to make an offer to upgrade the intercontinental flights. Right now, when I enter my booking on Lufthansa.com, there is no link to MyOffer on either sector, only the “invitation” to upgrade each leg for GBP570 which is a bit excessive.

My question – based on your experience, can I have any hopes to receive the link to bid to upgrade the FRA-GIG-FRA legs? Is the link to bid for upgrades supposed to be made available right away after booking or does that depend on current loads in Business? Perhaps the link to MyOffer will never be available because of the booking class N, or because I upgraded the connecting flights?

I am not unhappy with the class of service that I paid for but would still appreciate the opportunity to bid to upgrade if possible. I wonder if the link to MyOffer will be made available at some stage.

I looked for answers on Google and here on Flyertalk and could not find a straightforward response so thank you in advance for your help!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 6, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Post #406 onwards https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...e-pe-c-28.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.