Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: LX SEN
I note that grandpa waking up in his pyjama appears to be wearing the same or similar Zimmerli pyjama that I got in LX F. But, as far as I am aware, LH does not distribute Zimmerli.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:59 am

(deleted)

Last edited by Nic33; Oct 16, 2018 at 7:38 am Reason: double same post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Data point: Got a successful E -> PE upgrade on LH 446 (FRA-DEN) this coming Friday. Economy ticket was booked in T and minimum bid for PlusGrade was $180 US. Bid of $195 was accepted at the 72 hour mark. Flight was showing G5 (using KVS tool) and after I got the email it was showing G4 (N didn't show for some reason in the KVS tool).

Interesting point was that when I entered the offer, it showed just above the lowest point on the "Offer Strength" meter. Now when I look at the details, it shows higher for offer strength. I didn't monitor this over the past few days, but I am wondering if they actually update the "offer strength" when you can still edit your offer.

The downside is that there are only 2 seats showing as available right now and they are both middle seats. LH.com won't let me select seats for now, so I'll have try and call or wait until check-in to get a seat.

Last edited by tods27; Oct 16, 2018 at 9:06 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:28 am

SFO-MUC Bid range from $790 to $2000.
$820 bid was accepted for business from economy at 72 hours. No direct e-mail communication, but flight confirmation has already been updated to reflect business class.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: LO
Originally Posted by willshire23
SFO-MUC Bid range from $790 to $2000.
$820 bid was accepted for business from economy at 72 hours. No direct e-mail communication, but flight confirmation has already been updated to reflect business class.
on Sat? it was a fully booked flight and maybe a reason that they accepted.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mario_s
on Sat? it was a fully booked flight and maybe a reason that they accepted.
No, this goes out on 10/31.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Following this thread for a while now to better understand the myoffer bidding system, thanks for all the helpful posts. Question: I booked ticket in Q (RT SFO to FRA) and when I checked the booking I was offered a cash upgrade on the outbound to PE for $230 which I took since I thought I can't get it for less with myoffer.

For the return the cash upgrade is rather high ($920 to PE and $1550 to C) and I was wanting to bid, BUT it no longer shows the myoffer button! Did I by purchasing the outbound cash upgrade screw up my chance to bid on the return? Any help appreciated!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:56 am

Try the original bid offer link they sent you in e-mail.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by vielflieger

For the return the cash upgrade is rather high ($920 to PE and $1550 to C) and I was wanting to bid, BUT it no longer shows the myoffer button! Did I by purchasing the outbound cash upgrade screw up my chance to bid on the return? Any help appreciated!
Yes it probably did. When I cash upgrade, it generally removes the myoffer link.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
Yes it probably did. When I cash upgrade, it generally removes the myoffer link.
Just recently bought a cash upgrade in one direction and immediately myoffer disappeared for both directions. Called the SEN line and they were first completely clueless and then said, after putting me on hold and talking to somebody „who should know“, there is nothing they could do. So yes, a cash Upgrade in one direction kills myoffer for the other.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:54 pm

thanks for the quick and informative replies. Not what I wanted to hear but learned a lesson. oh well, next time I will choose more carefully
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by vielflieger
thanks for the quick and informative replies. Not what I wanted to hear but learned a lesson. oh well, next time I will choose more carefully
I do not believe that you have to be sorry about your move. When cash upgrade offers are high, as they are in your case, it means that the plane is quite full already (in the cabin to upgrade). Prices for cash upgrades are probably a matter of available booking classes.

When cash offers are high, my bids (on myoffer) have never been succesful. This being said, I always bid close to the minimum, in the area of the cheapest cash upgrades. In your case, I do not believe that a low myoffer would have succeeded.

Maybe you can try a check-in/gate/plane upgrade to PE if there is still availability. I do not believe that the prices are outrageous.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
I do not believe that you have to be sorry about your move. When cash upgrade offers are high, as they are in your case, it means that the plane is quite full already (in the cabin to upgrade). Prices for cash upgrades are probably a matter of available booking classes.

When cash offers are high, my bids (on myoffer) have never been succesful. This being said, I always bid close to the minimum, in the area of the cheapest cash upgrades. In your case, I do not believe that a low myoffer would have succeeded.

Maybe you can try a check-in/gate/plane upgrade to PE if there is still availability. I do not believe that the prices are outrageous.
Thanks for your input! Will check at the airport when we return. If not, a dayflight in Y is not too bad especially in 31HK (with my wife) on a 340-600
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: phithor
plusgradestats.com

Hi guys, I have made a site to track attempts at Lufthansa MyOffer and other airlines' equivalent services.
It is located on plusgradestats.com. Any feedback and criticism is welcome!

There are too many threads around on various forums regarding what people have paid. I hope to eventually get enough data that we can predict a minimum bid that will go through with machine learning.
So add your attempts, it helps a lot!

Hope that it is OK that I post here.

Last edited by phithor; Nov 14, 2018 at 9:09 am Reason: edit
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:58 pm

I've booked tickets in PE from SIN - FRA yesterday. When I logged into Lufthansa "My Booking", I'm able to see the bid for upgrade link and access it. I'm also able to submit by bid for the upgrade.
However, today when I logged in, when I click for the bid for upgrade link, it shows me "No available flight for upgrade".

Anyone know why so fast I couldn't submit upgrade bid? The travel date is like in Jan 2019. There is still a long time for the flight to be fully booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.