Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can upgrade X award tickets to N using plusgrade. They also sell upgrades at the gate, especially for departures ex-US.
Last TATL flight I took, they were selling upgrades on-board (after boarding had completed) for €300. Presumably the crew take your credit card details?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
In March I flew LH FRA HKG. After departure they offered Y+ for €349. I was travelling with a brutally painful pinched nerve and was stuck in a row with 2 chubbies, so I did it based on getting an aisle bulkhead seat. Because the bulkhead seats have a proper leg rest, rather than a foot stand. I think I'm the only person who took up the offer and the cabin remained 2/3 empty.

Seat is much more comfortable than Y: better recline and a nice footprint for sleeping. Nice not to have to share arm space with the person next to you either. Meal was the same as Y. Decent little amenity kit. For a long intercontinental flight where sleep is a premium I am willing to pay around €250 above my Y ticket...not more really. I wasn't travelling on an LH ticket so I couldn't bid for an upgrade in advance.

I've bid for two upcoming flights (LAX MUC and FRA SIN) in September.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:09 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Premium economy available as free day-of-departure choice for *A Gold?

Hi all -- I wasn't able to get current information from some of the other threads on Premium Economy here, so asking anew:

For SFO-MUC, is Premium Economy seating being offered as a free seat choice at check-in for *A gold members? Or has it moved to a completely separate class that needs to be paid by miles or $?

I read some conflicting information that *A Gold members could choose these seats at check-in and in fact one time a few months ago I was allowed to choose it online, but that is apparently not the case for an upcoming flight. The section does not appear on the seat map.

Thanks for your advice!
Old May 19, 2015, 1:13 pm

I believe it was an "introductory offer" when some aircrafts equipped with PE were already flying, but PE itself was not officially for sale.

If it doesn't show up for you to select, you have to pay for it.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If PE is not yet sold/offered to/from SFO but the aircraft used will have PE seats you should be able to select these seats once OLCI opens if you are *A Gold.

Except for this, there are no free PE seats for HON/SEN/*A Gold

Mind you, the seatmap you see in advance may not always reflect the actual seating of the aircraft that will fly to/from SFO. Until OLCI opens and you pick your seats there, nothing is certain.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Where PE is offered for sale it is NOT given to Senators or *Golds as a perk.

Coming home from Buenos Aires the upgrade from economy was being offered for $250 at check-in. On board the cabin crew tried hard to sell it for EUR349.

It was an odd configuration with the PE seats simply sandwiched between two sections of the economy cabin. I can understand why Lufthansa is anxious to presents the new product as a variation on economy, within the economy-class environment - but the result is tremendously underwhelming.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:07 pm
TA

Thank you, all. That answers my question. And looking at the check in available today, it is a separate for-sale section so not available for free, oh well...

Interesting that they offer it for sale on board, as well as that new "auction" that I also read about. I wonder if the uptake is as good as they thought.

My only other hope is that perhaps a block of 4 seats in the back might be free and I can be one of the lucky few to grab it.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
You can bid to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy prior to your flight. Just offer any amount of $$$ and they'll inform you 36hrs whether your bid was successful or not. Given other comments about open seats and cabin crew selling on-board upgrade offers, it seems that you will have a pretty decent chance of success by bidding before the flight.

Perhaps bid $200 online and if rejected, you could still grab it for $250 at check-in?

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/premium-economy-myoffer
Old May 20, 2015, 2:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
For SFO-MUC, is Premium Economy seating being offered as a free seat choice at check-in for *A gold members?
In which world are you living in?
Old May 20, 2015, 4:32 pm
TA

Well, I guess the world of no more than 3 months ago when this was the case. Apparently not any more now.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Times change quickly these days and really: having LH upgrading status customers to PE for free? We really need to be living in another world for that to happen.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TA
Well, I guess the world of no more than 3 months ago when this was the case. Apparently not any more now.
That has been offered free of charge as long as PE wasn't on sale but seats already installed. In addtion this was no official perk to *G/SEN/HON but solely a nice gesture.
Old May 21, 2015, 5:11 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by TA
Interesting that they offer it for sale on board, as well as that new "auction" that I also read about. I wonder if the uptake is as good as they thought.
I am not convinced if "hard-selling" on board is the right strategy.

I think that once boarding is completed the crew should emphasize on service and a high-level flight experience. Not trying to sell this and that.

This is an experience which is emotionally to near to a low-cost carrier.

Like airlines selling small cups of coffee instead of including them into the air fare.

A sign / sales proposal at check-in would be better.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gum
I am not convinced if "hard-selling" on board is the right strategy.

I think that once boarding is completed the crew should emphasize on service and a high-level flight experience. Not trying to sell this and that.

This is an experience which is emotionally to near to a low-cost carrier.

Like airlines selling small cups of coffee instead of including them into the air fare.

A sign / sales proposal at check-in would be better.
Agree - more sensible approach!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
On my recent flights FRA to/from the US, PE was available as an upgrade after takeoff. There was an announcement something to the effect of "you are traveling on an aircraft equipped with our new Premium Economy offering, with up to 50% increased personal space and upgraded meals. If you are interested in upgrading, please contact a flight attendant as soon as possible." I could see the PE cabin on one of my flights (ORD-FRA) and it was quite empty.

From FRA-SFO I was offered to upgrade at the gate as I was about to board (I was asking the agent which door to board through as I just arrived from the lounge) - I believe the price was €349. As I was in the lounge before boarding I'm not sure if there was a general announcement in the boarding area, nor do I remember seeing any prompt to upgrade when I checked online. I don't think the onboard announcements ever made mention of a price, but perhaps I missed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.