Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Thank you for the advices!

I also think that the minimum bid would not work. Last year, I was unsucessful in a US$ 250,00 bid from K to PE (FRA-GRU). Economy cabin was not full. I could even choose a window seat in that small ECO cabin in front of PE on the B747-8i, which I think it's always blocked for FT members. Nobody took the other two seats.

I will mantain the 575,00 EUR bid, and if not sucessful, I hope that the agent at the check-in counter offers me the US$ 600,00 upgrade. This time I will take it.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: LX SEN
My experience with LX and LH for bids from Y or PE to C was many times successful on lowbids when C cabin was not full.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
My experience with LX and LH for bids from Y or PE to C was many times successful on lowbids when C cabin was not full.
Last question: what would you consider as a "not full C cabin"?

The seat map above seems to have 27 empty seats for C, but the flight peparts only in some 2-3 weeks...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:09 am

Hi!

Just to share my experience, my bid from PE (N) to C for flight LH 507 (GRU - FRA, on Feb/7th, 7:45 PM) was just successful. I bid 575 EUR and the bid range was 535 to 1030 EUR.

I have just received the e-mail from LH, that is, more than 48 hours from flight departure.

There was at least 20 seats available on C, which means that it was perhaps easy to upgrade me.

I also think that I heavly overbid, since just after My Offer was closed, I checked the status of my bid and I noticed that the minimum bid droped, perhaps to less than 500 EUR (my bid was then at the middle of the range bid)
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by criske
Last question: what would you consider as a "not full C cabin"?

The seat map above seems to have 27 empty seats for C, but the flight peparts only in some 2-3 weeks...

Apologies for the late response. Good that you were successful. As "not full" I meant at least 10% available seats at the moment the bid allocation is made.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I'm *G from SK booked on a longhaul LH flight in cheap Y, and so I don't get free ASR.

If I pay for ASR does it affect my ability to make a plusgrade offer? I expect of course that the reservation fee isn't refundable. I can't find any information here or on the Lufthansa website about how paid seat reservations and PG interact.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No effect at all.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No effect at all.
Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, CX SL, SPG Gold
FYI - MyOffer cleared for upgrade from PE to C for HKG-MUC @ $665 USD which was minimum bid.

MUC-BCN cleared from Y to C @ $65 USD which was also the minimum bid allowable.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No effect at all.
I paid $100 for an economy seat reservation with extra leg room. If I got an offer accepted to PE or Business would I get that $100 refunded? LH didn't specify on their site.

And is there anything similar to this with Swiss?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No more refunds of seat reservation fees since February.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by klmml
I'm *G from SK booked on a longhaul LH flight in cheap Y, and so I don't get free ASR.

If I pay for ASR does it affect my ability to make a plusgrade offer? I expect of course that the reservation fee isn't refundable. I can't find any information here or on the Lufthansa website about how paid seat reservations and PG interact.
seat reservation shouldn't affect your plusgrade offer but it is non-refundable in case of an upgrade
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by hkgflyer
FYI - MyOffer cleared for upgrade from PE to C for HKG-MUC @ $665 USD which was minimum bid.

MUC-BCN cleared from Y to C @ $65 USD which was also the minimum bid allowable.

Which was your original booking class ?

I am wondering to put a bid now for my next weeks flight to PVG, booked in E. Lets say my bid is succesful, do I get only P Class miles or can I Claim the "additional" 50% from E?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Several...
I am booked in Economy for a flight from CLT to Munich with two other passengers.

It gives me the option to bid for Premium Economy or Business class. This is my first time bidding. Any idea where to start the bidding price for either class? How do you tell how many seats are left? Also, how are you all determining what seats are still open. I can't see the business class part of the plane (only aisle 22-46).

Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Several...
Also, is my understanding correct that if I pay for a seat assignment (which is $35.00 each way for my party of 3 or $210.00 total) and later I win a bid, I don't get my money back for the seat assignment because my ticket is nonrefundable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.