Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original routing credit...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

After yet another IRROP ex-LHR (that's 3 out of 3 since the summer) I'm trying to claim original routing credit. I sent a politely-worded request in via the feedback form, including details of the originally booked flights, the IRROPed reroute, and the original ticket number.

Got an email back a couple of hours later, asking me to post(!) in a copy of my original ticket and boarding pass(es).

I replied to this with the PDF e-ticket receipt and attached the BPs, of course I got the auto-responder saying

Regretfully, we cannot reply to your query via this channel. Please use our feedback form under www.miles-and-more.com > Help & Contact > Contact by e-mail > E-mail to the Miles & More Service Team.
So how do I send them the e-ticket and BPs using the webform?

Surely I don't have the print this stuff out and go searching for one of my last remaining envelopes. In fact, do they still make postage stamps?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:16 pm

For ORC I have generally send a copy of the etix and boarding passes along with a short explanation letter by fax to M&M in Verl.
Miles then posted within 8-10 days.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
For ORC I have generally send a copy of the etix and boarding passes along with a short explanation letter by fax to M&M in Verl.
Miles then posted within 8-10 days.
+1

In some cases they then ask for the boarding passes to be mailed to them- which I do and then credit is provided. Quite efficient actually.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
+1

In some cases they then ask for the boarding passes to be mailed to them- which I do and then credit is provided. Quite efficient actually.
Just to clarify, are they after the originally issued BPs (the ones per the e-ticket), the rebooked/rerouted BPs, or all of them?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Just to clarify, are they after the originally issued BPs (the ones per the e-ticket), the rebooked/rerouted BPs, or all of them?
In my cases the rebooked actual flown BP
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

In my cases the rebooked actual flown BP
I don't understand why they want this, as the flown sectors would have credited automatically (?) Isn't it the booked-but-not-flown sectors that they need to see?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I don't understand why they want this, as the flown sectors would have credited automatically (?) Isn't it the booked-but-not-flown sectors that they need to see?
I have no idea how their internal audit and tracing department works- just sharing my experience as a customer where there was a rebooking during IRROPS I have been asked for:
etix
boarding passes for flights flown
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:06 am

I have no idea how their internal audit and tracing department works- just sharing my experience as a customer where there was a rebooking during IRROPS I have been asked for:
etix
boarding passes for flights flown
+1
Old May 29, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Bumping an old thread here, but it looks like the most relevant...

When claiming for Original Routing Credit, do they take away the miles posted for the actual flight taken? I had some irrops last week that caused a re-route, but the last-minute flight I was rebooked onto was a Y fare, so earned a good number of miles anyway. If I claim for ORC, will they take away the Y flight I actually flew, or just credit the original route...?

All the flights were with a *A partner airline, not Lufthansa Group, if that makes any difference...
Old May 29, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
They will take away the flights actually flown and put the ORC (in the booked BC) instead
Deltus likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
Bumping an old thread here, but it looks like the most relevant...

When claiming for Original Routing Credit, do they take away the miles posted for the actual flight taken? I had some irrops last week that caused a re-route, but the last-minute flight I was rebooked onto was a Y fare, so earned a good number of miles anyway. If I claim for ORC, will they take away the Y flight I actually flew, or just credit the original route...?

All the flights were with a *A partner airline, not Lufthansa Group, if that makes any difference...
No double dipping, one or the other.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by mmff
No double dipping, one or the other.
I know, not applicable to the scenario being rerouted on another *A carrier... but double dipping works well when being rerouted out of alliance, e.g. on BA and credit the flights to both a One World FFP and claim ORC to the *A FFP account
Deltus and mmff like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fassy
I know, not applicable to the scenario being rerouted on another *A carrier... but double dipping works well when being rerouted out of alliance, e.g. on BA and credit the flights to both a One World FFP and claim ORC to the *A FFP account

Yes - BA is insanely generous in that respect. Lufthansa isn't known for its generosity.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I was rerouted on BA the other day, how do I claim ORC from Miles&More?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Found answer, byt continued googling, sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.