Search

Miles expired in April..any way to get 8365 miles back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Miles expired in April..any way to get 8365 miles back

To say the least that planning travel in any form in March and April would have been impossible. I had miles that were expiring on my M&M account in April which I had planned on redeeming but couldn’t as flights were being cancelled left right and centre. I was going to redeem flights on Air Canada.

Anyway, I received an email today to show that indeed 8365 miles have been deducted. You’d think that some leeway would have been given in light of what’s going on worldwide?

is there anyway to get those miles back?

Thx
Old Apr 16, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
To say the least that planning travel in any form in March and April would have been impossible. I had miles that were expiring on my M&M account in April which I had planned on redeeming but couldn’t as flights were being cancelled left right and centre. I was going to redeem flights on Air Canada.

Anyway, I received an email today to show that indeed 8365 miles have been deducted. You’d think that some leeway would have been given in light of what’s going on worldwide?

is there anyway to get those miles back?

Thx
Miles due to expire in April 2020 could have been used to book a trip as late as in March 2021.

You could try to discuss your options with M&M, but the argument that you planned in April to redeem in April miles due to expire in April for a trip in April and only after your miles expired you found out that flights in March and April were being cancelled probably won't work too well. But then again, perhaps they are more understanding and show more good will nowadays.

On another albeit similar note, back in February Marriott firmly declined my refund request after my no-show during Ciara storm in February (my flights were cancelled, the hotel booking was non-refundable). I emailed them politely again the other day suggesting they issue a voucher instead of a refund and this time they asked me to show them a proof that my flight was cancelled, and in the end they agreed for the refund.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 11:42 am

Short answer is no but doesn't cost anything to contact them and see what happens. It's disappointing that M&M hasn't announced a freeze to expiration of miles, but then again I'm not surprised.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:37 pm

Good thing I got an email today from M&M promoting using miles for house and garden supplies . Maybe extending miles expiration???

Moderators—maybe combine this thread and the other one from April 10 about miles expiring? And maybe combine them with the covid status expiration thread as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.