Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I entitled to compensation? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by yosemite1

they haven’t told me.
Wait, have you actually flown yet? From this post, it seems that the flight is today https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072250-post4747.html yet you say you landed at 0840? Did you actually land this morning at 0840?

If it is today, you could make up enough time in the air to make it. Or the delay may not even happen. Flightaware is showing ETA of 0752, so 40 minutes late. Compensation is dependant on arrival time so you may make your connection. And if not, then the reason for the delay determines whether you can claim as well. FRA is experiencing arrival delays today so if the reason is ATC or weather etc. then no comp.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH471
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by Finkface
Wait, have you actually flown yet? From this post, it seems that the flight is today https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30072250-post4747.html yet you say you landed at 0840? Did you actually land this morning at 0840?

If it is today, you could make up enough time in the air to make it. Or the delay may not even happen. Flightaware is showing ETA of 0752, so 40 minutes late. Compensation is dependant on arrival time so you may make your connection. And if not, then the reason for the delay determines whether you can claim as well. FRA is experiencing arrival delays today so if the reason is ATC or weather etc. then no comp.
i definitely jumped the gun on inquiring on this topic.
Im flying in a hour, I’m just expecting the worst and from what they have told me I’m expected to miss my connection - though hopefully fingers crossed and winds are in our favour.
The reason for delay is “the flight just came in” (the arriving plane before my flight.. I guess 470 is late)
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

i definitely jumped the gun on inquiring on this topic.
Im flying in a hour, I’m just expecting the worst and from what they have told me I’m expected to miss my connection - though hopefully fingers crossed and winds are in our favour.
The reason for delay is “the flight just came in” (the arriving plane before my flight.. I guess 470 is late)
Well LH470 is in YYZ now, arrived 20 minutes ago. So if that is your plane, they have plenty of time (2 hours) to turn it around and get you out.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Well LH470 is in YYZ now, arrived 20 minutes ago. So if that is your plane, they have plenty of time (2 hours) to turn it around and get you out.
so the delayed departure time is going to stick, they aren’t going to board earlier at this point. But it says we are going to land at 752am, so I might actually make my connection (LH1030 boarding at 850)!!
So interesting how Lufthansa’s website has a later Expected arrival time compared to flight aware!

Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:10 pm

So.. if we were given an outside gate, and the airport didn’t have busses to transport the passengers to the plane which results in a late departure, late arrival, and missed connection, am I eligible for a claim?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:10 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
A pushback tug damaging landing gear must surely be extraordinary & therefore no EU261
Really? I just think it's rare, but nothing that couldn't have been avoided with a bit of care. Pushback tugs push back planes every day. Nothing extraordinary about this.

HTB.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
So.. if we were given an outside gate, and the airport didn’t have busses to transport the passengers to the plane which results in a late departure, late arrival, and missed connection, am I eligible for a claim?
No available busses at YYZ is outside the control of LH and is extraordinary IMO, i.e. no comp. under EU Reg. 261/04. But give it shot when you have the time; most likely LH will deny any comp.

LH471 landed 08:59 so you def. missed your onward flight to CDG. Most likely you are on the next CDG flight later today
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

so the delayed departure time is going to stick, they aren’t going to board earlier at this point. But it says we are going to land at 752am, so I might actually make my connection (LH1030 boarding at 850)!!
So interesting how Lufthansa’s website has a later Expected arrival time compared to flight aware!
It appears LH471 departed 95 mins late and arrived 59 mins late but since the arrival gate is B23 it will be necessary to clear passport control as well as security. (Yes, one of the anomalies of FRA.)

If LH1034 arrives in CDG at 13:40 or 3h10m later than the original schedule a compensation of €300 under Regulation EC261/2004 should apply if LH agrees to pay. Knowing LH’s track record it might be difficult to persuade them.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It appears LH471 departed 95 mins late and arrived 59 mins late but since the arrival gate is B23 it will be necessary to clear passport control as well as security. (Yes, one of the anomalies of FRA.)

If LH1034 arrives in CDG at 13:40 or 3h10m later than the original schedule a compensation of €300 under Regulation EC261/2004 should apply if LH agrees to pay. Knowing LH’s track record it might be difficult to persuade them.
good morning NewbieRunner,
im going to retype all the details up until now just Incase anyone else reads.

- my original, itinerary was YYZ - FRA (LH471) FRA - CDG (LH1030), an Aeroplan redemption in Business Class for all segments.
- LH470 arriving into YYZ was late, followed by a very delayed boarding because there were no busses to ship passengers to the plane. The original departure time was 620pm, we took off around 810pm.
- arriving into FRA, we were late, and it caused me to miss my connection to Paris which would’ve departed at 920am arriving at 1030am
- Currently, I am WAITLISTED on LH1034 FRA - CDG, because there are no business class seats, and no one will talk to me about confirming any seat so I can simply make it to my destination.
- Supposedly my baggage will be on LH1034.

Im not sure what to do at this point, other than wait, and show up to the gate and pray that I can get any seat to my destination. I’ve called my car rental company and told them my new flight info and hopefully they will hold my car reservation... pretty stressful as my partner is already in Paris waiting for me. They did give me a 10 euro voucher though lol
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

- Currently, I am WAITLISTED on LH1034 FRA - CDG, because there are no business class seats, and no one will talk to me about confirming any seat so I can simply make it to my destination.
- Supposedly my baggage will be on LH1034.

Im not sure what to do at this point, other than wait, and show up to the gate and pray that I can get any seat to my destination. I’ve called my car rental company and told them my new flight info and hopefully they will hold my car reservation... pretty stressful as my partner is already in Paris waiting for me. They did give me a 10 euro voucher though lol
Yes, I’d go to the gate and see if they can put you on LH1034 if necessary in Economy. LH is still selling an Economy seat on this flight and it is less than one hour.

I assume as a *G you are in the Senator Lounge. It’s worth checking with an agent in the lounge if they can put you on LH 1034.

And enjoy whatever you can get for €10! Good luck!
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, I’d go to the gate and see if they can put you on LH1034 if necessary in Economy. LH is still selling an Economy seat on this flight and it is less than one hour.

I assume as a *G you are in the Senator Lounge. It’s worth checking with an agent in the lounge if they can put you on LH 1034.

And enjoy whatever you can get for €10! Good luck!
so they keep telling me no one is at the gate yet. I am currently in the business lounge and they told me the flight is overbooked, I could switch to the senator lounge and try though?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:25 am

so they keep telling me no one is at the gate yet. I am currently in the business lounge and they told me the flight is overbooked, I could switch to the senator lounge and try though?
The last Economy seat seems to have gone but it’s still worth going to the gate as there may be no-shows.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:53 am

Got the flight, landed at 1:45 🤔

if i I wanted to attempt a claim, what do I need to do?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:16 am

Got the flight, landed at 1:45 🤔

if i I wanted to attempt a claim, what do I need to do?
https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/Feedback

Also check:

https://www.lufthansa.com/cmn/en/passenger-rights
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:40 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No available busses at YYZ is outside the control of LH and is extraordinary IMO, i.e. no comp. under EU Reg. 261/04. But give it shot when you have the time; most likely LH will deny any comp.

LH471 landed 08:59 so you def. missed your onward flight to CDG. Most likely you are on the next CDG flight later today
BS bus avalability is totally within the LH business risk and in no way extraordinary!
You are due EU261 for them not being able to run their show!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.