Am I entitled to compensation? [merged]

Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by fassy
Of course they try to deny compensation. can't blame them for trying, right? I would guess that will already take care of 90% of claims.

And the next time you call in with the same story they will do the same.

At leaat one thing where SK shows how is it done. Valid claims are always compensated in a few days, no questions asked or arguing. At least to my experience
Yes. I wasn't even slightly surprised, which is why I was so calm in giving my response when I was told it was rejected. As I said though, I don't know if this has been filed as "goodwill compensation" or "EU261 compensation" or if that even makes a difference to either Lufthansa or the regulator.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Of course they try to deny compensation. can't blame them for trying, right?..
Sure we can blame them.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Of course they try to deny compensation. can't blame them for trying, right?
You are funny. For sure we must blame them. Bluffing people out of what is rightfully theirs is not necessarily good business practice.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
They can say what they want but nobody pays 400 euros for goodwill unless they know it will cost them more when you sue them for EU261. There are a lot of companies out there now that process these claims and sue the airlines on your behalf - refund.me, for example. I have a couple of claims pending with them right now against Alitalia and El Al - hopefully I'll see the money someday.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by mamb0
You are funny. For sure we must blame them. Bluffing people out of what is rightfully theirs is not necessarily good business practice.
It's good implementation of game theory though... Those bluffed out of their compensation might feel a bit grumpy about it but accept it ultimately. If they didn't accept it then they'd insist like I did.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
At least they eventually paid you. Can't say the same for El AL who despite owing me under both Israeli law and European law from my ZRH-TLV cancelled flight just refused to pay. Now the lawyers are after them.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:43 am

@weero, mamb0

I thought the irony of my statement was obvious....
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
I had successful EU261 law suit against LH when my flight to FRA was delayed 25 minutes causing me to miss my connection reason was due to late inbound aircraft from Italy where there was "weather" in Italy.

LH argued that since this was on Eurowings not LH and the weather delay on the inbound flight....they would not have to pay the €600.-
The court disagreed - as the delay was within LH control - a spare aircraft could have been used.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by roberino
It's good implementation of game theory though... Those bluffed out of their compensation might feel a bit grumpy about it but accept it ultimately..
I doubt people get bluffed .... but when I was still a stinkin' SEN, the hopes for eventual upgrades and goodies outweaseled my greed for compensation.

That mental disorder is now fixed.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
My lawsuit in the UK has just been settled by LH too and I've been awarded €400 (minus solicitor costs of €105). It took 8 months and LH used every trick in the world to avoid paying, but after the recent Huzar vs. Jet2 ruling in the UK they were forced to pay up.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
FRA Missed Connection

My mother is currently in FRA.

She was supposed to arrive in FRA from IKA at 5:45am and get on the NCE flight at 7:30am arriving at 9am in NCE.

First flight was delayed and it landed at 7:15. It was a technical issue that had to be fixed in IKA.

She is rebooked on the 16:25 flight, so she'll have over 9 hours of layover and she will arrive 8 hours after the original schedule.

Is she entitled to any compensation? If so, what and how can she ask for it?

Cheers.

Last edited by wandering_persian; Nov 27, 2014 at 1:08 am
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wandering_persian
My mother is currently in FRA.

She was supposed to arrive in FRA from IKA at 5:45am and get on the NCE flight at 7:30am arriving at 9am in NCE.

First flight was delayed and it landed at 7:15. It was a technical issue that had to be fixed in IKA.

She is rebooked on the 16:25 flight, so she'll have over 9 hours of layover and she will arrive 8 hours after the original schedule.

Is she entitled to any compensation? If so, what and how can she ask for it?

Cheers.
By which airlines was she flying? Actually there are different set of rules varying from airlines and airport to claim for compensation. Although, you can check your flight compensation detail on http://www.tripmole.com/
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by Rouge
By which airlines was she flying? Actually there are different set of rules varying from airlines and airport to claim for compensation. Although, you can check your flight compensation detail on http://www.tripmole.com/
Thanks Rouge.

It's Lufthansa. She has received a 25 Euro voucher!! How generous!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
LH is EU based and subject to EU261 I believe? I guess just doing a quick search on EU261 and LH, it looks like they don't pay up easily based on others' posts.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:44 am

Looks like she is entitled.
Send an email asking for compensation.
You will get a lame response that the delay is not covered by the EC regulation.
Respond (friendly) hat you believe it is covered and copy and past the relevant part of the rules.
Then they will pay.

Unfortunately they are always trying to play this game hoping that you will give up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.