Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines "The Loft" at BRU - Schengen A-Pier lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Wouldn't the boarding pass scanners block passage to the A pier?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Why? Its not practical, but you can linger in A before moving over to B.
A couple of posts in this thread make it appear it's not possible to access the A-pier with a B BP, but of course having an extra data point wouldn't hurt
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Have been allowed vice versa, to access the B section when flying from T.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That's different, because both B and T are non-Schengen.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Accessing the Loft at BRU

I've got long layover in BRU but am flying non-Schengen.

Would I have a problem getting into the A terminal (security ? new passport control ?) to use the (much, much) nicer lounge ?

D.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by dand99
I've got long layover in BRU but am flying non-Schengen.

Would I have a problem getting into the A terminal (security ? new passport control ?) to use the (much, much) nicer lounge ?

D.
You can try (given you have time and passport/visa) but I think you won't get past the automated gates before the A security check: the gate will not open and the attendant will probably turn you away. Even if you make it through there, they might turn you away at the lounge entrance. If you decide to try, please report back.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Tried, failed.

I made a quick attempt to get the old faithful refundable tkt but was unsuccessful there (left it too late).

SO tried with my non-schengen BP. The gate attendent finally understood why I wanted to get into pier A, and tried to ask his boss. I got a very unsmiling "no".

Oh well, uncomfortable chairs and stale rolls it is...

Originally Posted by Ghentleman
You can try (given you have time and passport/visa) but I think you won't get past the automated gates before the A security check: the gate will not open and the attendant will probably turn you away. Even if you make it through there, they might turn you away at the lounge entrance. If you decide to try, please report back.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:11 pm

Thank you for reporting back, it will be useful to others!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The raised area to the left that was previously for SEN and HON is now only for HON. This seems a little odd given the size of the lounge which is only going to get much worse with SK closing their lounge for good last night.

I found out that SN will take over the space of the 9W lounges in B. Perhaps they may close the sunrise lounge.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I found out that SN will take over the space of the 9W lounges in B. Perhaps they may close the sunrise lounge.
Taking over the space from Jet seems a good idea, with them practically taking over the capacity. But closing the Sunrise lounge? Africa-bound pax would need to leave for their gates well before boarding time and pax making a connection from B wouldn't have a lounge at all?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was in The Loft yesterday and I thought it was excellent. Flying with SN, my routing was GVA-BIO, so I remained within the Schengen area. As a FTL I am amazed that I was granted entry to such a place, especially as the service on SN is so Ryanair like. The choice of food was large and everything was of really good quality. The tomato soup had real tomatoes in it, the quiche Lorraine was fluffy, succulent and full of mushrooms. I am glad I tried the coffee machines, because of my early start, because I enjoyed some of the best coffee in ages (I tend to avoid it because it's nearly always so crap and disappointing; here in Bilbao I have not yet found a decent cup of coffee, oddly).

In The Loft there were lounge seats to relax, places to work and private areas for working (where some bloke full of his own importance was barking into a phone with a silly accent). So things are not so bad for FTLs, some decent lounges out there.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Do they require physical *G cards to enter, or are they OK with just the BP and/or with a digital card? I'm thinking of flying via BRU (LHR-BRU-ZRH), on an SN ticket, with BRU-ZRH operated by LX. I don't have my *G card yet (well, it's arrived but in the wrong country, and I'll pick it up after that trip).
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by televisor
Do they require physical *G cards to enter, or are they OK with just the BP and/or with a digital card? I'm thinking of flying via BRU (LHR-BRU-ZRH), on an SN ticket, with BRU-ZRH operated by LX. I don't have my *G card yet (well, it's arrived but in the wrong country, and I'll pick it up after that trip).
BP has always been adequate for me.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by televisor
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
BP has always been adequate for me.
I'll second what kirkwoodj said -- flown through here many times, never needed the physical card, as long as the status was properly reflected on the BP.

Enjoy the lounge!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:24 pm

I've been asked for the card quite a few times, even with status on the BP. I'm quite sure digital card will be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.