Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines "The Loft" at BRU - Schengen A-Pier lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its a great pity but SN confirmed to me they have no plans to refurb the B lounge at all. Its in a dire state and the third party Diamond Lounge is superior in terms of layout, catering and facilities.

Given the new connector it would be technically feasible to access the Loft with an appropriate layover if the system would allow access to the A piers with a B boarding pass.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Disappointing that the B lounge is not to be improved. I would have thought that they would have improved the catering on offer, to better match the Loft. It's a poor lounge.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
Disappointing that the B lounge is not to be improved. I would have thought that they would have improved the catering on offer, to better match the Loft. It's a poor lounge.
Maybe they should get UA and AC to help out.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Maybe they should get UA and AC to help out.
That's the T lounge (I think) or Sunrise lounge. It's a slightly different spec to the B lounge I'm referring to which is down from the BA lounge.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
That's the T lounge (I think) or Sunrise lounge. It's a slightly different spec to the B lounge I'm referring to which is down from the BA lounge.
The "T" pier IIRC is used for flights to Africa. Flights to north America depart from the "B" pier, and I think we're talking about the same place

All flights to NA depart around the same time in the morning and the lounge is absolutely slammed. I can see why they don't want to spend a lot of money on it though, I guess as of midday it must be close to empty.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 4:59 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Its a great pity but SN confirmed to me they have no plans to refurb the B lounge at all. Its in a dire state and the third party Diamond Lounge is superior in terms of layout, catering and facilities.
Really? That is real shame.... I thought the next one to get upgrade was the Terminal B lounge. It is a real shame as a hub lounge (over clouded, poor catering, no showers (need to go to Diamond), etc..). Now more *A flights from Asia are arriving BRU, it is a real shame that the SN decided not to upgrade the B lounge. Every time I use it (to go back to US), I really feel let down as compared to other lounges (Jetairways, BA, or even Diamonds) in the same terminal.

Given the new connector it would be technically feasible to access the Loft with an appropriate layover if the system would allow access to the A piers with a B boarding pass.
Yes, I think it is possible. I have done that even before the connector opened. When I had enough connecting time, I went through the long tunnel and got into "the Loft" and headed back to Terminal B to catch my flight.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
On most of my recent trips "the loft" has been overfull (I'm often on LH1007/1009 to FRA or LH2283/2285 to MUC). When I'm on the later flights, I usually go to the SAS lounge further down the corridor. The food selection there is even more terrifying than "the loft" food, but ... I usually have breakfast before heading to the airport.

The B terminal lounge is one more reason to avoid flying long-haul out of BRU.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:52 am

On my way back from Africa this morning, I tried to sneak into terminal A with my ticket to NA. However, immigration officers told me that I will not be able to go to Terminal A with Terminal B boarding pass.

To my disappointment, I had to stay in the Tetminal B. Instead of going to the over crowded Brussels Airlines lounge, I went to the Diamond lounge with my priority pass. It was much quieter expetience then the overcrowfed SN lounge It is a real shame that the home airline's lounge is worst then the others in the terminal B.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:13 am

I posted my grievance at SN Facebook and received a reply. If many of us let them know (I think social media is the best option) how shame it is to have terminal B lounge at that stage, things may change..
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Atuchan the easiest way to get to A used to be from the fast track stickers they would hand out to SEN which meant you could get through without any kind of BP. I'm there next week on a flight to the UK and I will give it a try.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: Miles&More
Senator area

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
As some of you might now, I have personally been heavily involved in the concept and design of this new lounge, so I would really appreciate any feedback from your personal visits to "The Loft". Let me know what you think of the passenger experience, the concept of the digital experience called "ConnectedLounge" (which lets you, for example, pre-book a shower spa, reminds you when its time to leave the lounge for boarding, enables you to watch the same movies on your smart device as you can on board etc.) and much more.

Any feedback is appreciated, either here on the forum or by sending me a PM.

Thanks a lot!
Hi, you claim to have been involved with the design of "The Loft" and appear to be a FTL. What I don't understand is that (although promised in the past) there's no Senator/Gold lounge. The Loft is usually busy and there really isn't quiet area, the Senator/Gold section is a joke. As this is one large hall the acoustics are poor and the 3 or 4 boxes are always taken. BTW: Belgian beers are InBev, native Belgians don't classify these as Belgian beers anymore since a long time. The Microsoft connected tablet setup is pretty useless as well, on all my visits I never saw anyone actually using them. Better next time I hope.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:17 am

Would someone flying to IST on TK have access to the lounge?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, if s/he is *G and/or flying business class.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:25 am

But I think that TK departs from the pier B, so ideally no access to the Loft.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Why? Its not practical, but you can linger in A before moving over to B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.