Search

Miles & More Homepage New Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Miles & More Homepage New Look

The Miles & More homepage appears to have a new look from today. It seems quite good and easy to navigate, but not all functions are in working order so far, such as the Current Offers button:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

I have never understood this constant change change change with internet based things, when the current model works perfectly well. Just yesterday, a pushy clown dressed in garish pink speaking average German came banging on the door saying we needed a new internet connection, router, the whole works, when the current set-up works perfectly fine. Within 5 minutes he was asking for half a dozen signatures, a bank IBAN number and access to all documentation, all of which he was flatly refused. I do believe that he works for Telekom, because he had a valid Ausweis and the pink colour is the Telekom (why on Earth such a colour). But it's all change change change, isn't it, when everything works ok as it is.

Back to Miles & More, and I do hope that this is a sign that someone is paying attention to the programme and may eventually make some further modifications that actually will improve it. I had no trouble signing into my account, but I could not perform any functions, such as the Payback Subscription (by the way, have special offers and 10,000 point draws gone the way of all good things with the Payback Subscription?). Any experiences, positive or negative, with the newly redesigned website?

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 2, 2014 at 5:14 am Reason: missing info
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
I do believe that he works for Telekom, because he had a valid Ausweis and the pink colour is the Telekom (why on Earth such a colour).
Thats the telekom magenta! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magenta
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
What I don't like about the new website layout is that you can no longer log in from the main page. In order to avoid having to remember both my PIN and M&M number, I use a firefox macro to log me on. With the former page, while the macro was running, I could get a quick glimpse at the offerings there. However, with the new structure, I need to direct the macro loader to the login page which doesn't show anything but the login fields. Not a major issue, but still..

By the way, they still seem to be using Liferay as their backend software, I would have thought that it could have been a good idea to dump that
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's quite hard to find the log-in button for the Miles & More credit card now, I had to fiddle and fish around for a while. That's what I hate about all these unnecessary changes when everything was working fine - so to speak - before.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:47 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
A classic case of "Verschlimmbesserung": while trying to make something better the end result is actualy worse than before.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's quite hard to find the log-in button for the Miles & More credit card now, I had to fiddle and fish around for a while. That's what I hate about all these unnecessary changes when everything was working fine - so to speak - before.
+1
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
It's quite hard to find the log-in button for the Miles & More credit card now, I had to fiddle and fish around for a while
Huh? What do you mean? https://www.miles-and-more.kartenabrechnung.de is still showing a large log-in button right below the password field...

But hey.. "Bitte entschuldigen Sie, aus technischen Gründen können Ihre Daten derzeit nicht angezeigt werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt erneut."
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:55 am

Why LH just could not keep the former layout. It was some much better.....
Their idea to format everything for Ipads is not always working. I still use "good old" desktop.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's what I keep saying. This constant internet era need to change, change, change when everything works fine as is really annoys me. We'll see how it goes and what other bugs crop up.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Ohhh, not a very nice site.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I have never understood this constant change change change with internet based things, when the current model works perfectly well.
+1
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: LH HON
Just not useful

The mistakes of the last change are still there. And now another change again. Still a majority of my flights appear as Award bookings, while they are not. And this is just one of many points.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by shipsmail
The mistakes of the last change are still there. And now another change again. Still a majority of my flights appear as Award bookings, while they are not. And this is just one of many points.
+1

Its really horrible -
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
The page is just a first move towards a shopping center with attached flight booking option. The online shopping button is already in the middle of the page. We can like it or not but that is LH strategy with outsourcing it - focus is on shopping not on flight bookings anymore.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HKG1111
... focus is on shopping not on flight bookings anymore.
Are we discussing the same website? If I want to book a (non-award) flight I go to lufthansa.com, swiss.com, etc. and not to miles-and-more.com which is the subject of this thread.

Of course there was a time when you could only retrieve your (non-award) bookings and assign seats via miles-and-more.com but I don't think it was intentional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.