Meal service in C on LH619? (short night flight?)

Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Meal service in C on LH619? (short night flight?)

I'm flying LH619 Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt in a couple of weeks. The flight starts in Oman, and make a stop in Abu Dhabi where I will board, departing 01:55 AM. Total flying time is more than 8 hours, however Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt is 6:50, I arrive 06:45 AM in Frankfurt.

What meal service will be offered (in C) for me? Dinner+Breakfast? The short night flight dinner?

I guess the people boarding in Muscat, will eat their dinner on the way to Abu Dhabi, and then wish to sleep...

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by morgan007
I'm flying LH619 Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt in a couple of weeks. The flight starts in Oman, and make a stop in Abu Dhabi where I will board, departing 01:55 AM. Total flying time is more than 8 hours, however Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt is 6:50, I arrive 06:45 AM in Frankfurt.

What meal service will be offered (in C) for me? Dinner+Breakfast? The short night flight dinner?

I guess the people boarding in Muscat, will eat their dinner on the way to Abu Dhabi, and then wish to sleep...

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I have not been in this particular flight but a few months ago I flew Dubai-Zurich with LX, which, I understand starts in Muscat, and has a similar flight time.

I did not eat anything but I had a look to the menu and they were serving dinner and breakfast.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by morgan007

Thanks in advance!
The AUH lounge has quite a decent hot food selection (5 or 6 hot dishes if I recall correctly). My recommendation for this very late night flight would be to eat in the lounge and then to maximise sleep during the flight.
Breakfast will be offered for sure. Again, just skip it and have breakfast at the LH Welcome Lounge in FRA or any other lounge if you are continuing. Don't wait up for dinner or breakfast...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
You're better off eating in the lounge beforehand. Just flew on the Doha-Frankfurt flight, which leaves at 1:30 am and is of similar length: they served a small snack after take off and then a larger breakfast in the morning. Certainly not the night-time dinner that has been advertised for the late US departures, for example.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:31 am

In C they are serving some sandwiches, canapes and fruits after take off to maximize sleeping time on the short hop to Europe. Before landing a full breakfast is offered.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:20 pm

On that sort of flight, I try to eat either in the city or the airport, then have a couple of glasses of wine onboard and sleep till landing.

You have access to the FCL upon arrival where the breakfast will be significantly better than onboard anyway.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
On that sort of flight, I try to eat either in the city or the airport, then have a couple of glasses of wine onboard and sleep till landing.

You have access to the FCL upon arrival where the breakfast will be significantly better than onboard anyway.
I doubt the OP has FCL access on arrival. No mention he has HON status in his post...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I doubt the OP has FCL access on arrival. No mention he has HON status in his post...
Oops. No idea where I got FCL from! Apologies for any confusion.

In any case, there is always the Welcome lounge. How is the breakfast there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.