Wiki Posts
Search

LH Upgrade from P to F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Platinum, MLIFE Platinum
LH Upgrade from P to F

I'm flying to BLR through FRA in a couple weeks, and wondering what the best way is to upgrade from Discount Business P to F, I am a united 1k, but GPU doesn't work on this fare.

Any Lufthansa certificates that can be purchased or other strategies?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:23 am

Pay the farę differance or forget about it.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
No chance unless they're overbooked in J. And then no chance as long as there's anybody with a J, C, D, or Z bucket ticket, regardless of status.

So, to keep it brief, no chance. Welcome to Lufthansa and Star Alliance.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Platinum, MLIFE Platinum
how do you pay up the fare using Lufthansa?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:09 pm

Sit comfortably, grab a phone and dial their reservations number.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
No chance unless they're overbooked in J. And then no chance as long as there's anybody with a J, C, D, or Z bucket ticket, regardless of status.

So, to keep it brief, no chance. Welcome to Lufthansa and Star Alliance.
It's a slight misrepresentation of the PHM to state that status is completely regardless. Within the system pax are ranked by status within the booking class so if there is a HON and a SEN on a D fare then the HON is ranked higher within that fare however the irking on FT occurs when a pax on a J fare with no status would be ranked highest on the list as long as there were no other status pax within that fare.

SEN and Star Gold are officially ranked the same as is FTL and Star Silver but in practice gate staff will look at M&M status customers first.

Even though these changes have supposedly come in I have had a good few intra-European upgrades even off K fares as a SEN, for longhaul I don't give LH any business anyway so I have no experience there hence discretion is still in play.

With regards to LX they are using their top customer lists much more and rank pax based on sectors flown on routes and this is all used by Personal Care on the Ground to assist with op-ups where possible. For intercontinental, a lot of this is done from ZRH where they know flights will be oversold as service recovery while trying to push paid/miles upgrades and leaving the station to do any last minute op-ups.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by flyme2theriver
how do you pay up the fare using Lufthansa?
And have a nice drink, while you are sitting. It should help during the call with customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.