Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul EuroWings will start ops in Winter2015-16

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
so this is where the current C seats will go after LH mainline deploys the new 5* C...
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
D-AIGY (A343 previously operated by CL under JUMP) is now in FCO to get EW retrofit and livery to operate as EW op by SN next year.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...d-aigy#ff465b7

The 7 EW A332 had a crappy December: at least two were AOG most of the time and one A332 is in MLA in what seems to be an epic long heavy check. So exotic carriers like Air Tanker (A330 MRTTs) and LOT B788 had to help out.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 7 EW A332 had a crappy December: at least two were AOG most of the time and one A332 is in MLA in what seems to be an epic long heavy check. So exotic carriers like Air Tanker (A330 MRTTs) and LOT B788 had to help out.
any specific dates they're helping out? Got 2 segments in those AirTanker machines, the most comfortable and spacious Y class ever!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
any specific dates they're helping out? Got 2 segments in those AirTanker machines, the most comfortable and spacious Y class ever!
EW140/1 to PUJ 22JAN to 08MAR 2x weekly.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

D-AIGY (A343 previously operated by CL under JUMP) is now in FCO to get EW retrofit and livery to operate as EW op by SN next year.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...d-aigy#ff465b7

And two weeks later she is done... still with the German tail #.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Longhaul wings also got its wings clipped by the US DOT: no more EW op by Sunexpress to the US: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ease-a-456038/

That said its probably an excercise in futility as SN with operate EW longhaul to the US.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
How do wet-leases fit in with EU-US open skies? Does it make a difference if the lessee is EU or non-EU based?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Non-EU airlines need to be approved by both sides, LOT recently asked if Aerolinas Argentinas was allowed. Ad-hoc charters usually get approved quickly.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:55 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...1-9ac11e3a8faf

EW will start operating longhaul flights ex FRA soon. The new LH route MUC-BKK will also be operated by EW...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

More changes to longhaul wings: P2P LoCo is not really working, LH Group sales will take over the sales and the SunExpress operated A332s will become 3 class like the SN operated A343 and A330s.

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/das-st...fuer-eurowings
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
More changes to longhaul wings: P2P LoCo is not really working, LH Group sales will take over the sales and the SunExpress operated A332s will become 3 class like the SN operated A343 and A330s.

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/das-st...fuer-eurowings
good riddance. Do they have ANY strategy here? Now they are adding PE and C? And they want to go after leisure markets? This works for WK, but this is Switzerland ... for Germany .... I don't think so.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cfischer
good riddance. Do they have ANY strategy here? Now they are adding PE and C? And they want to go after leisure markets? This works for WK, but this is Switzerland ... for Germany .... I don't think so.
If they are reasonably small, it should work I expect. There are people who want to fly to a common leisure destination, but still are willing to pay something extra not to need two days of adjusting after arrival...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
If they are reasonably small, it should work I expect. There are people who want to fly to a common leisure destination, but still are willing to pay something extra not to need two days of adjusting after arrival...
But then you also have the people who want to fly to a LH destination, realize that the LH flight is operated by Eurowings/Sun Express and decide to book on another airline. I have yet to set foot on either Eurowings or Sunexpress voluntarily and I'm not planning to do so anytime soon. (I was once on a Sunexpress involuntarily instead of the originial EDW flight out of AYT to ZRH).

In my opinion Edelweiss did it exactly right. They are a great airline, managed to offer a great product for a reasonable price for leisure travelers. I used to fly them all the time and to date I have still flown them more (segment wise) than LX! But even EDW is struggling now with its current expansion and the addition of the not so amazing new A320s without IFE or cabin dividers and smaller galley. I would still be flying EDW frequently if they would give miles to *A partners.

The difference imo is that EDW never tried to be a LCC and never was one. Because let's be honest, the only LCC thing about Eurowings is the service (not necessarily in C) and the customer support. Everything else is done like a normal airline which undermines the whole point of being a LCC.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Today they announced the death of Longhaul Wings. Curious what they will do with the services from DUS.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:30 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Today they announced the death of Longhaul Wings. Curious what they will do with the services from DUS.
[Dreaming on]
Longhaul full service flights wih LH or maybe even SN out of DUS
[Dreaming off]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.