Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the Miles & More Terms & Conditions as of 1 July 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Got it yesterday, too. Besides targetting the selling/buying miles/awards, my overall feeling for some reason is that they are preparing M&M to be further separated from LH, spin off as a more independent entity or something along those lines. It nevermentiones this in there but that was my overall feeling.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Just another couple of observations:
From the mail
Miles & More has revised and streamlined its Terms & Conditions as of 1 July 2014
Old version: 4276 words, 22058 characters
New version: 4980 words, 24926 characters

I don't know what "streamline" means at M&M but I hope LH Technik does not use the same definition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 month, maybe 2 months, just drop us a note.
Section 4.4:
The changes or additions to the Terms & Conditions shall be deemed approved if a member does not submit an
objection in writing within two months of publication.
And yet from the mail:
Please note that your acceptance of the changes to the Terms & Conditions is implied if you continue to use your Miles & More customer card or if you do not file an objection in writing to the following address within one month of receiving this email:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not being a lawyer I have no clue the impact of this change, but I guess it's easier to disprove bad faith than to prove good faith.
Still from Section 4.4
Old:
Miles & More, acting in good faith, reserves the right to alter or amend the membership terms and conditions, the awards, award scales [...]
New:
Miles & More reserves the right to make any changes or additions to the Terms & Conditions, the awards, the fl ight award chart or other processes described in the programme documents
for Miles & More, provided that the member is not thereby disadvantaged in bad faith.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Hi guys, it's been a while. Haven't had a flight in 2 1/2 months now and it feels...good.

My two cent's (though, most of you already know this), is that most of the benefits will be almost gone by a couple of years. Population increases, travel by air is in high demand. It's a genius moove to turn "frequent flyer" into "loyalty costumer"!

It's not "thank you very much for flying a lot with us" , but a "you are welcome, and if you continue to be LOYAL only to us, we will give you couple of perks" (that cost nothing to us)!

As "whiskey_sk" mentioned it, if LH is a leading force of making M&M more independent, then it will "un-tie the bounded hands" sort of speaking, making LH less and less accountable for M&M programm and giving the actual program wide variety of freedoms, to do whatever they want and LH behaving like: "uuummm, sorry, it's not us, it's those evil guys at M&M"!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH lurker posted a detailed German version of the changes:

http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...ml#post1404179

Interesting that they changed the time limit to issue award from 2 days to one day.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting that they changed the time limit to issue award from 2 days to one day.
Nice, hopefully then can catch up with other programs that can issue it on the stop in the next couple years :-).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Lack
Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver2002

Nice, hopefully then can catch up with other programs that can issue it on the stop in the next couple years :-).
Well in a couple of years is when IT will implement the current change. I just tried to book an award online for tomorrow and it's still not possible.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:41 am

Not sure if this has to do with these changes in the T&C, but I tried to log into my M&M account yesterday and couldn't. Called them up and they said that the account had been deactivated because there had been no for 3 months. I have 220k in pts in the account and still hold the card. They told me to write in to the address in Verl to reactivate the account. Anyone else have this issue? Can I just charge $5 to the M&M credit card I still have to reactivate since this would generate activity on the account?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:22 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by adavydov7
Not sure if this has to do with these changes in the T&C, but I tried to log into my M&M account yesterday and couldn't. Called them up and they said that the account had been deactivated because there had been no for 3 months. I have 220k in pts in the account and still hold the card. They told me to write in to the address in Verl to reactivate the account. Anyone else have this issue? Can I just charge $5 to the M&M credit card I still have to reactivate since this would generate activity on the account?
I would try to call another telephone agent of Miles and More.

It seems that you have caught one who is either not interested in his/her business or the first day on work.

AFAIK: All Miles & More accounts should work for a minimum of 36 months after the last transaction.

And if there are miles deducted due to earlier expiry date of previously earned miles this is one transaction keeping the account open. However I don't know when an account is definitely deactivated.

To summarize it: I think he/she has told cr*p.

Pse let know the result.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:55 am

Thanks gum. Just gave them a call back and the rep told me that my account was now blocked an he couldn't offer any more information. He said I'd have to call the office in Germany. He transferred and after furiously pressing "0" through all of the prompts (since I speak no German) I was connected with someone that looked up my account. He basically told me the same thing...your account is blocked...some department is doing a check-up of some sort...may resolve itself in 1-2 weeks...send a letter to this German address for more information.

Something really strange going on with my account. I think I will wait the couple of weeks and in the meantime make a charge to my Miles & More card. If that combo doesn't get me access I may have to write this letter and send it to Germany
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The LH Lurker has posted a similar response in their thread as the one posted on VFT.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Well in a couple of years is when IT will implement the current change. I just tried to book an award online for tomorrow and it's still not possible.
Well, there's this little clause...
2.4.5 Award request
An award etix® can be issued up to one working day prior to departure – where technically possible. Previously, it was two working days.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Only received the notice overnight today here in NAmerica, three weeks after the changes came into effect and a week after it appears Europeans received their notice. I use the account as a tertiary STAR one since K fares on LH-afficiliate airlines only earn miles in M&M and not MP or AE, but they add up to over 40K+ in three years even on those short intra-European fights! (Bought a nice Hugo Boss belt with half of them inflight a year or two ago...so better than letting them vaporize.) Still not sure what the T&C changes really are even after reading them, but could also be a move to take M&M into the retail sector ala Aeroplan and AirMiles/Avios -- though not spin it off as a separate non-LH corporation.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jul 26, 2014 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Still not sure what the T&C changes really are even after reading them, but could also be a move to take M&M into the retail sector ala Aeroplan and AirMiles/Avios -- though not spin it off as a separate non-LH corporation.
I do believe this was already announced and discussed on FT back in March?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...worldshop.html
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance , BA
I have the Miles & More card - no changes provided you use the car once a month

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are pleased to inform you that even as the holder of a Miles & More Credit Card you receive notification of pending mileage expiry. However, it will not come into effect if you use your card to earn miles for your purchases at least once a month.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries; we will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Your Miles & More Service Team
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Teatimer
I have the Miles & More card - no changes provided you use the car once a month

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are pleased to inform you that even as the holder of a Miles & More Credit Card you receive notification of pending mileage expiry. However, it will not come into effect if you use your card to earn miles for your purchases at least once a month.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any further queries; we will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,
Your Miles & More Service Team
Good to know, thanks for sharing. What card version do you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.