Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
So today just by trying I discovered that as *A G I have access to the SEN lounge in FRA concourse A. I never thought about it before as I thought it was a First Class Lounge. Which makes me realise I actually do not know well the rules for the LH group, despite me flying them often. I always go to the Business lounge.

Is there somewhere a good summary of lounges I am entitled to as *G, regardless of cabin, in FRA (and ZRH) ?
Thanks.
As a *G you have access to Senator Lounges if they exist. For other locations when flying on LH use this tool.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounges

Senator lounges are also for First Class passengers departing on non-LH Group airlines.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:01 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Excellent. Thanks a lot. I feel a bit stupid to have spend one year as *G without setting foot in a Senator lounge, while moaning about the A13 business lounge crowding.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am surprised the door minder didn’t direct you to the Sen lounge.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Sitting in A13 FCL. Sunday afternoon. Not a soul in sight... Just me, my cafe americano, and one beautiful window out to the flight deck! Got some shut-eye and a great shower after the overnight flight from DC. Will head over to FCT later in the afternoon...
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by model_un
Sitting in A13 FCL. Sunday afternoon. Not a soul in sight... Just me, my cafe americano, and one beautiful window out to the flight deck! Got some shut-eye and a great shower after the overnight flight from DC. Will head over to FCT later in the afternoon...
And wonderful weather!

Sounds like the phrase Maine uses to promote tourism there: The way life should be.

Have a great day!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Excellent. Thanks a lot. I feel a bit stupid to have spend one year as *G without setting foot in a Senator lounge, while moaning about the A13 business lounge crowding.
The difference between Business and Senator lounges isn't much, though. So you've not really missed out a lot. Often the Senator lounges are even more crowded than the Business lounges.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Arriving in J on UA58 from SFO at 9:55am which looks to be fairly consistently a bus gate (AEUW yesterday.)
Departing LH1114 at 12:50pm to MAD. Looks like usually A or B departure.

Am *G.

Welcome lounge or a SEN lounge?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Arriving in J on UA58 from SFO at 9:55am which looks to be fairly consistently a bus gate (AEUW yesterday.)

Am *G.

Welcome lounge has more showers and better breakfast selection. It is landside so after the lounge you will need to go through security.

A SEN is closer to your MAD flight gate probably and after passport control, no security check if AEUW arrival.

if you have a B gate for your MAD flight then the A SEN is not closer at all.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks

Am *G.

I would always head to a SEN lounge for a shower and soe refreshments, as I don't care enough about a slightly better breakfast selection that it would outweigh the hassle of going landside and then airside again. But that's a matter of personal taste.
Nic33 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I would always head to a SEN lounge for a shower and soe refreshments, as I don't care enough about a slightly better breakfast selection that it would outweigh the hassle of going landside and then airside again. But that's a matter of personal taste.
I would go to the Welcome Lounge precisely because of the (availability of) showers.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by mmff
I would go to the Welcome Lounge precisely because of the (availability of) showers.
The SEN lounges have showers, too, and the wait is usually not very long. At least not longer than going landslide and airside again.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Inbound from Canada (YVR) outbound to HAM with 1hr50min connection. Am *G so SEN is option.

Which lounge should I target for a shower? I know I'm pushing it for time since I must fit in a couple cigarettes too!
Old May 3, 2019, 2:04 pm

I am arriving from Toulouse (guess Gate A?) connecting to Hong Kong (Gate Z) in PEY with a *G status. May I know if it is possible for me to visit the Air Canada lounge in Terminal B? Thanks in advance!
Old May 3, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AviationAddict
I am arriving from Toulouse (guess Gate A?) connecting to Hong Kong (Gate Z) in PEY with a *G status. May I know if it is possible for me to visit the Air Canada lounge in Terminal B? Thanks in advance!
You could use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal B, however, you might need to re-clear security at some circumstances. On the way to the lounge, no problem, just use the walkway from T1A to T1B and clear immigration at Terminal 1B. On the way back, just a reminder that the airside transfer bus from gate B20 to Z11 does not work all day, I personally do not know the operating hours of this service. If this bus isn't active, the SkyTrain between Terminal B and Z is closed for maintenance, so you would need to exit the secure area, either use the passport control + walk path and reclear passport control and security at Terminal 1Z or use the replacement buses at Terminal 1B and reclear security at Terminal 1Z.

If you're an EU/EEA citizen, it would be worth reclearing passport 3 times the same day, however, if not allow 1h45 mins to reach from The Maple Leaf Lounge to Terminal 1Z. Even though it's a low possibility, just be aware that your HKG flight might also end up boarding from Terminal 1C.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Lufthansa Business Class Lounge at FRA

Hi

I don't normally fly Star Alliance so apologies for this "newbie" question, but is the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt worth hanging out in, or it's just "you've seen one big lounge, this is no different."?

My natural "home" is the BA lounge at Heathrow which is always busy and nice but nothing super special so I'm wondering how they compare.

I have the choice of a 1.5 hour connection at FRA or 2.5 on the way home from Africa, and so just wondering if the lounge is worth hanging out for a bit (my arrival is 5.30am) or just really nothing particularly special as lounges go and might as well be on my way.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.