Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Old Aug 8, 16, 10:24 pm

Hi, all. We'll be traveling BF on United SFO-FRA. Flight out of Frankfurt is on economy. Wondering if we'll have access to Lufthansa business lounges while at FRA. United website leads one to believe that traveling on BF you have access to their and their partner business lounges, but Lufthansa's website seems to limit access to BF fares that are departing FRA. Does anyone know for sure if we'll have access or not? Assuming we do, what lounge would you recommend for a quick shower? We have only a 2-hour layover.

On the way back, we have business fare on DME-FRA, and then economy (for now) on United to SFO. Again, since we are arriving on Lufthansa business (not departing), will we have access to Lufthansa business lounge? This layover is over 5 hours, so I'd like for us to have a quite place to relax and eat. Any recommendations if we do have access? Thank you for any and all insight!
Old Aug 8, 16, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No arrival access on United business in FRA unless you have status. Arrival in LH business from Kiev may get you into a lounge in FRA. Normally its reserved for longhaul arrivals.
Old Aug 9, 16, 1:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YAK25 View Post
Hi, all. We'll be traveling BF on United SFO-FRA. Flight out of Frankfurt is on economy. Wondering if we'll have access to Lufthansa business lounges while at FRA. United website leads one to believe that traveling on BF you have access to their and their partner business lounges, but Lufthansa's website seems to limit access to BF fares that are departing FRA. Does anyone know for sure if we'll have access or not? Assuming we do, what lounge would you recommend for a quick shower? We have only a 2-hour layover.
If you are flying SFO-FRA in BF you should have access to the Welcome (arrivals) Lounge in FRA depending on the time of arrival, though two hours may be a little tight to go through passport control, visit the Welcome Lounge and go back through security and passport control for your departing flight (to DME I assume). There are paid showers airside.

On the way back, we have business fare on DME-FRA, and then economy (for now) on United to SFO. Again, since we are arriving on Lufthansa business (not departing), will we have access to Lufthansa business lounge? This layover is over 5 hours, so I'd like for us to have a quite place to relax and eat. Any recommendations if we do have access? Thank you for any and all insight!
Arriving in Business and departing in Economy does not give you access of a Lufthansa lounge unfortunately. There are many places in Z Pier where you can eat and also some areas where you can relax on the way to gate Z50.
Old Aug 10, 16, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I'm travelling BOS-FRA-ICN on F, arriving at 6am and have a ~12 hour connection. Planning on a day trip to either Frankfurt or Mainz.

Would love to refresh up and have breakfast upon arrival. Perused some FT threads and my choices are airside lounges where I deplane (likely Z3x-6x), welcome lounge, or slogging over to the FCT.

- Will F lounge breakfast food be better than welcome lounge?
- Wait for bathrooms? Welcome seems to be a better choice for this.
- Pressing - Is this a Welcome Lounge only benefit, or does FCL/FCT offer this as well?
- Carryon bags - Would love to stash this at the airport instead of lugging it all around the city - Are my only options to (1) stash it at the main terminal FCL lockers and head there on my return (and forgo FCT, car transfer) or (2) to head over to the FCT and stash it there?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 16, 5:40 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by pWei View Post
Yes.

I'd go through passport control down to Schengen A departures (don't go to Exit) and visit the FCL A. You may have to wait for a bath but I doubt if there is a queue.

- Pressing - Is this a Welcome Lounge only benefit, or does FCL/FCT offer this as well?
I think it's only available in the Welcome Lounge.

- Carryon bags - Would love to stash this at the airport instead of lugging it all around the city - Are my only options to (1) stash it at the main terminal FCL lockers and head there on my return (and forgo FCT, car transfer) or (2) to head over to the FCT and stash it there?
Pay a few euros and leave it in left luggage in the main terminal.
Old Aug 10, 16, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Yes.

I'd go through passport control down to Schengen A departures (don't go to Exit) and visit the FCL A. You may have to wait for a bath but I doubt if there is a queue.

I think it's only available in the Welcome Lounge.

Pay a few euros and leave it in left luggage in the main terminal.
Agree.

Go to FCL A, get breakfast/shower whatever. Get out, store bag in terminal lockers, go to city/Mainz. Get back, pick up bag and go to FCT. In terms of the first lounge stop, you mentioned going to the FCT as an option. I don't think that is a good/viable idea because they take your passport and give it back when you leave the lounge when the flight is ready and you get into the car. I'm sure you could raise a stink and say you want to leave the FCT and get your passport back but I wouldn't do it. The FCL A makes more sense as the first stop anyway.
Old Aug 10, 16, 11:39 pm

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
I am flying Lufthansa First Class from SFO to FRA and then FRA to BOM in Business (as Lufthansa has stopped F Class on that route) next week. The times I have gone F Class before I have always gone to the FCT but since the second leg is Business this time, I don't have access to the FCT.

The flight to Bombay leaves from C terminal (I think). Which First Class lounge would be most suitable for me upon arrival in FRA? I don't think there's a First Class lounge in C (there's a Senator lounge there).
Old Aug 11, 16, 1:08 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
You will have access to FCT since you arrive in F. Then they will drive you to C gates when your BOM flight is about to depart.
Old Aug 11, 16, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by pWei View Post
I'm travelling BOS-FRA-ICN on F, arriving at 6am and have a ~12 hour connection. Planning on a day trip to either Frankfurt or Mainz.

Would love to refresh up and have breakfast upon arrival. Perused some FT threads and my choices are airside lounges where I deplane (likely Z3x-6x), welcome lounge, or slogging over to the FCT.

Thanks.
-Yes, F lounge breakfast is MUCH better than welcme lounge
-Welcome has plenty of bathrooms, but those in F are nicer. If all you seek is a quick shower, both will do just perfect.
-Yes, Welcome Lounge only from what I know
-You're not supposed to leave your baggage in the lounge when you head out. Your risk to take - otherwise, spend a few € and use a public locker. In fact, that would be the only solution that would allow you to use FCL on arrival and FCT on departure.

Also, the FCT is for departing only - while they'll not detain you like in MUC ( ) you'll not get very friendly faces when you want to leave landside from there again. In fact, you'll have to take the security check there on top when getting in, which you wouldn't have otherwise when using the FCL A (arriving clean)

Here is what I would do: Use FCL when arriving (in A most probably, as you probably arrive in Z) - then head out for the city/cities.

Come back to the FCT before your flight (Best by train, arrive main terminal, pick up carryon, continue short walk to FCT)
Old Aug 11, 16, 1:51 am

I don't think there are luggage lockers in FRA. They have staffed luggage storage facilities as you will find here.
Old Aug 11, 16, 2:13 am

I don't think there are luggage lockers in FRA. They have staffed luggage storage facilities as you will find here.
Indeed. But the prices for that personal service seems pretty fair to me (7€ for 24hrs) and not much more than a locker.

Also, he wouldn't have to get coins etc. that way.

The alternative (slightly cheaper I guess) would be to take the train to Frankfurt Main station and store the luggage there (they do have lockers). That would be the approach if OP wants to take a taxi to the FCT (to "arrive in style" ) on the way back as otherwise he would first have to get his luggage from the main terminal luggage storage..
Old Aug 11, 16, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen View Post
You will have access to FCT since you arrive in F. Then they will drive you to C gates when your BOM flight is about to depart.
Wow, I didn't know that. There used to be a shuttle to take you to FCT (although I have once walked to it years ago). I hope it's still there.
Old Aug 11, 16, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by agtoau View Post
Wow, I didn't know that. There used to be a shuttle to take you to FCT (although I have once walked to it years ago). I hope it's still there.
No, there's no shuttle any more. Check the FCT FAQ thread and the link in my signature line.
Old Aug 13, 16, 3:41 pm

No, there's no shuttle any more. Check the FCT FAQ thread and the link in my signature line.
My LH455 flight from SFO I presume arrives at the Z gate To get to the FCT, I need to go to Passport Control first. Then do I go to the baggage claim area and exit? I saw your photos but it wasn't clear.

Last edited by agtoau; Aug 13, 16 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 13, 16, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by agtoau View Post
My LH455 flight from SFO I presume arrives at the Z gate To get to the FCT, I need to go to Passport Control first. Then do I go to the baggage claim area and exit? I saw your photos but it wasn't clear.
You'll enter Schengen area (passport control) but actually not pass through the baggage claim area (In Frankfurt, as strange as it sounds, it's "landside", with only a note "Only for passengers having arrived and to pick up luggage" - so after passing immigration, just head towards the left if you want to go to the FCT (and then follow the instructions posted here many times)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: