Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Old May 10, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by rfrost
I don't fly LH very often and would be grateful for some lounge advice. I'm in the process of booking--I will be traveling from JFK or EWR (most likely the former) in F to FRA, connecting to a flight in J to HAM. I have a fair amount of flexibility on the connecting flight (no real time strictures), and would like some quality lounge time. If I've understood what I've read correctly, I COULD indeed use the FCT, notwithstanding the website--if this is correct, is it significantly superior to the F lounges in the terminal, and in any case, which lounge do you recommend and how much time should I give myself on the layover?
Thanks.
Yes, you could (and should) use the FCT. It also guarantees a ride to your connecting flight. I'd do about 2 hours for the layover unless you want to be a real maximizer and spend the day at FRA lounge hopping ).

If you can pick between JFK and EWR, definitely go for JFK and for the next several months preferably the early flight on the A380.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by NYC1
Yes, you could (and should) use the FCT. It also guarantees a ride to your connecting flight. I'd do about 2 hours for the layover unless you want to be a real maximizer and spend the day at FRA lounge hopping ).

If you can pick between JFK and EWR, definitely go for JFK and for the next several months preferably the early flight on the A380.
Thanks, NYC1. I'm happy to say that I will be on the 380 ex-JFK. I've given myself a rather longer layover, though, so that I can take a nap at the FCT-- I probably won't get much sleep on the plane and doubt that I can get into my hotel room very early upon arrival.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:25 pm

my options are business lounge at A13 or A26. Is one better or bigger than the other? Or are they relatively the same. I have a 5 hr layover.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:30 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by inar
my options are business lounge at A13 or A26. Is one better or bigger than the other? Or are they relatively the same. I have a 5 hr layover.
The A13 lounge is bigger and has more showers, the A26 lounge (a former first class lounge) is nicer. If you have 5 hours why don't you try both?
Old May 20, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
best lounge option for around 2 hours in FRA with arrival from OSL and departing to SEA on LH C - but no status with Star Allicance?
Old May 20, 2016, 1:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by schnapperin
best lounge option for around 2 hours in FRA with arrival from OSL and departing to SEA on LH C - but no status with Star Allicance?
If travelling in C with no status you have access to the Business Lounges. Depending on which gate you arrive, the Business Lounge above gate A26 is very nice but it's in Schengen. You will have to go through passport control to Z departures upstairs where there is a Business Lounge between the duty free shop and gate Z50.

If you have plenty of time you could go to both but otherwise it's better to stick to the non-Schengen Business Lounge on the way to Z50.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:36 am

HI I'm travelling from PRG-FRA-SEA . I'm *A G and in C from FRA-SEA. PRG-FRA lands in B and FRA-SEA leaves from Z. I have about 3 hours and would like to sleep for an hour or two.

Is my best bet the A26 lounge ? Do I have to go through passport control between the two terminals and how much time will it take ?

TY!!!
Old May 22, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by sunil
HI I'm travelling from PRG-FRA-SEA . I'm *A G and in C from FRA-SEA. PRG-FRA lands in B and FRA-SEA leaves from Z. I have about 3 hours and would like to sleep for an hour or two.

Is my best bet the A26 lounge ? Do I have to go through passport control between the two terminals and how much time will it take ?

TY!!!
Flights from PRG (which is in Schengen) usually arrive in A, or if it's B it will be a B Schengen bus gate. Whichever way you will have to go through passport control but no security. The A26 lounge is in Schengen and has two day rooms, but it is before passport control. The Z50 Senator Lounge (after passport control) has day beds at the far end of the lounge but according to reports you may need ear plugs since there is a children's play area on the other side of the wall.

Schengen to non-Schengen passport control should not take long but there will be document check and random security check at the gate.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I was in FRA on Monday morning, and had to leave the A26 lounge after searching in vain for a seat. It was packed!

I was only able to find space in the Senator Lounge, which was busy, but not overflowing like A26.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Flying into FRA Lufthansa, wife and I are both 1K w/United club and flying business. Inbound like I mentioned is on Lufthansa but flying to Zagreb on Croatian i think is a non Schengen country thoughts ideas for best lounge have 3 hours and at least a shower if possible.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by maltman1
Flying into FRA Lufthansa, wife and I are both 1K w/United club and flying business. Inbound like I mentioned is on Lufthansa but flying to Zagreb on Croatian i think is a non Schengen country thoughts ideas for best lounge have 3 hours and at least a shower if possible.
You will have a choice of lounges. Assuming you are arriving from the US at a Z gate you can use the Senator Lounge near Z50 before leaving Z concourse. If you decide to go to B concourse where your flight to ZAG departs from (via the Skyline shuttle) there is a Senator Lounge by gate B43. There is also an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge on the floor above which has very nice showers. If you are arriving in the morning and don't mind going through passport control into Germany there is the Welcome (Arrivals) Lounge near baggage claim B. It has more showers than any other LH lounges and probably a better selection of breakfast other than the First Class Lounges.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Writing this from the Business lounge at A26. Arrived on flight from LHR connecting onto to DME later. We were bussed to the AEUW gates (?) a bit annoying as we were parked at A34. After entering the terminal it was fairly simple, follow the signs for A gates and walk around the escalators, through passport control, they didn't ask for a BP, and then straight to the lounge. 10 min walk maybe.

Lounge is nice and quite this Wednesday lunch time.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:06 pm

Priority Gates (C)?

Any thoughts on the quality of those? I am thinking those are best for my direct access to A-380 boarding from said C gates. Rumor is they're more spartan than some, but LH says they are 'full' Business lounges.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:30 pm

Hi there, traveling JNB-FRA-LAX with a four hour layover. We're in business on LH (but no status with them or Star Alliance). Would love to find a lounge where we can shower if possible, and then maybe do some airport shopping. Arriving at 7am. Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by elliott908
Hi there, traveling JNB-FRA-LAX with a four hour layover. We're in business on LH (but no status with them or Star Alliance). Would love to find a lounge where we can shower if possible, and then maybe do some airport shopping. Arriving at 7am. Thank you in advance!
All FRA business lounges with the exception of those by C gates have showers. Your flight from JNB is likely to arrive at a Z gate and the flight to LAX will also depart from a Z gate. The most convenient lounge is the business lounge between the duty free shop and gate Z50. It shares the entrance with the Senator Lounge. You will have to clear transfer security on arrival.

If you don't need a visa to enter Germany, you could go through passport control and use the Welcome (Arrival) Lounge near baggage claim B. It has more showers than other lounges and a better selection of breakfast than any business lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.