Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:24 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Your options will be the Business Lounges above A26 or between the duty free shop and A13. I agree that the A26 lounge is the best but TLL flights often use a bus departure gate which could be a long walk from A26.
Many thanks ^

Don’t mind the long walk - have a few hours to kill. The exercise will be welcome
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Your options will be the Business Lounges above A26 or between the duty free shop and A13. I agree that the A26 lounge is the best but TLL flights often use a bus departure gate which could be a long walk from A26.
I flew to TLL last week and went to the Business Lounge near A13 and after scanning my BP the girl suggested that I go to the Senator Lounge next door because it was "nicer".
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TomMM
I flew to TLL last week and went to the Business Lounge near A13 and after scanning my BP the girl suggested that I go to the Senator Lounge next door because it was "nicer".
That's because you are 1K (*G) and can use both the Business Lounge and the Senator Lounge.

NoY is travelling in Business but has no *A status, so cannot access the Senator Lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I just arrived FRA from BKK on TG F transferring to LH F FRA-EWR with a 7 hour layover. The Fräulein who met me at the gate started walking and I followed her. After a while I asked her where we were going. She said the Z pier as my flight departed from there.

I questioned her about my lounge options. I am a LH first class customer, what about the FCT? "It is outside" she said. What about the First Class Lounge in B? "it is also outside" she said (starting to stammer) adding "the Business Class lounge in Z is the one for you." Balls to that I thought...

I thanked her for her assistance and made my own way to the FCL. The greeting there was as gracious as ever, and they will be arranging a car later to take me to my flight. And I just got another glass of champaign served to me without asking.

Lessons learned: know your airport lounge options before you arrive, and don't be lead into something less acceptable.

SL
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by SunLover
I just arrived FRA from BKK on TG F transferring to LH F FRA-EWR with a 7 hour layover. The Fräulein who met me at the gate started walking and I followed her. After a while I asked her where we were going. She said the Z pier as my flight departed from there.

I questioned her about my lounge options. I am a LH first class customer, what about the FCT? "It is outside" she said. What about the First Class Lounge in B? "it is also outside" she said (starting to stammer) adding "the Business Class lounge in Z is the one for you." Balls to that I thought...

I thanked her for her assistance and made my own way to the FCL. The greeting there was as gracious as ever, and they will be arranging a car later to take me to my flight. And I just got another glass of champaign served to me without asking.

Lessons learned: know your airport lounge options before you arrive, and don't be lead into something less acceptable.

SL
I had a similar experience to this in Sydney when flying UA F. The check in agent told me to go to the Koru lounge and specifically stated that I couldn't go to the SQ F lounge. I went to the SQ F lounge anyway, was welcomed with open arms, glasses of champagne and some really good food...so yes, know your options.

On that note, question regarding FRA biz lounges: I recall last December going to LH biz lounge that was *very* nice with huge showers, bathtubs, a full service bar, and tons of seating. The more I read about the business lounges at FRA, the more confused I am as the lounge I went to last December seemed nicer than the business lounges. Was this perhaps the lounge at A26? I'm transiting again through FRA this month with my partner who has never flown biz or gone into a airport lounge, so I wanted to take him to the nicer one at FRA, which I think is the one at A26, correct? Can we access that lounge if we are flying FRA - YYZ? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:54 am

Yep, A26 has a bar, although I don't know about bathtub - I was there on a short intra-european connection.

And yes - you can access it while flying FRA-YYZ, but note that LH470 (I assume that's your flight) departs from B gates, so prepare for a little walk.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by LeviFlight
Don't listen to those that moan about the biz class product on LH. If this is your first time you'll love the experience above economy. The A380 is an experience too, much more pleasant in biz than econ.
+1 Look out for the Christmas traditional roast goose.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by klausa
Yep, A26 has a bar, although I don't know about bathtub - I was there on a short intra-european connection.

And yes - you can access it while flying FRA-YYZ, but note that LH470 (I assume that's your flight) departs from B gates, so prepare for a little walk.
There was definitely a bathtub because I even considered taking a bath just to say I took a bath at an airport ha. But we have a 3 hour layover, arriving from CDG, so I think we'll go relax at that lounge for a bit. Thanks for the information!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
There was definitely a bathtub because I even considered taking a bath just to say I took a bath at an airport ha. But we have a 3 hour layover, arriving from CDG, so I think we'll go relax at that lounge for a bit. Thanks for the information!
You're not allowed to use the bath tub, though (it has an information attached ) - those are the former FCL bathrooms.

A26 is definitely a nice lounge, but overall still nothing to write home about..
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:34 pm

Wait, so the bathtub just sits there, unused, to tempt you?

Seems cruel :P
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by klausa
Wait, so the bathtub just sits there, unused, to tempt you?

Seems cruel :P
And no duckies!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:43 pm

Oh, I can bring my own!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SunLover

I questioned her about my lounge options. I am a LH first class customer, what about the FCT? "It is outside" she said. What about the First Class Lounge in B? "it is also outside" she said (starting to stammer) adding "the Business Class lounge in Z is the one for you."
Same thing happened to me arriving TG F transferring to LH F. Not only did I have to explain that my wife and I were transferring to LH F and were allowed in the F lounge(s) but after they "found me in the system" they couldn't find my wife .
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Do paid United Club members have access to Senators Lounges or just business?

What is the best lounge for non-Schengen -- i will be traveling to BOM.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky
Do paid United Club members have access to Senators Lounges or just business?

What is the best lounge for non-Schengen -- i will be traveling to BOM.
According to this: http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

You can access the AC Maple Leaf Lounge and the LH Business Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.