Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
Thanks and sorry for the missing details. LH to LH. The SFO flight arrives at C16 pretty much 90% of the dates I've checked. The MLA flight departs from A 100% of the dates I've checked.
I haven’t used it yet but there is a (newish) Skyline shuttle platform in C which should reduce the distance you have to walk from C to A. If you are arriving in C and connecting from A you will have to go through passport control and security anyway. In your situation I’d go landside, visit the Welcome Lounge, leave the lounge when it closes, go through security and to your departure gate in A.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
Arriving SFO-FRA at 10:55 in C
Departing FRA-MLA at 13:50 in A

I'll have access to SEN A or C, or in between at the Welcome Lounge until closure at 13:00. I'd like to shower, relax, and have a light meal. Three hours is plenty of time, and would prefer to plop down in one spot until time to head to the MLA gate, without too much trouble transiting one spot to another.

From what I read here, most folks would recommend the Welcome Lounge? Last access at 12:30, closes at 13:00 -- do they start ushering folks out early? Is food service cut off well in advance of 13:00 closure?

If SEN C or Welcome Lounge, what kind of time should I leave to reach the average A gate? Assume boarding will be start around 13:20.

Thanks all for your advice.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In your situation I’d go landside, visit the Welcome Lounge, leave the lounge when it closes, go through security and to your departure gate in A.
I am going to agree with NewbieRunner on this one. If you arrive in C, you will have to re-clear security anyway, and in the Welcome Lounge, showers are almost always readily available with no waiting, the breakfast is a little better, and it should be less crowded. When you are ready to go back airside, you simply walk up to the departures level and across to A security.

If you head out of the WL at about 12:50 or so, it's 5 minutes to A security, maybe 10-15 minutes through security (a little more without priority security), which should put you at the gate around time for boarding. If you arrive airside early, the SEN A lounge is not far past security (though the Duty Free shop, and go right).
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by N1003U
I am going to agree with NewbieRunner on this one. If you arrive in C, you will have to re-clear security anyway, and in the Welcome Lounge, showers are almost always readily available with no waiting, the breakfast is a little better, and it should be less crowded. When you are ready to go back airside, you simply walk up to the departures level and across to A security.

If you head out of the WL at about 12:50 or so, it's 5 minutes to A security, maybe 10-15 minutes through security (a little more without priority security), which should put you at the gate around time for boarding. If you arrive airside early, the SEN A lounge is not far past security (though the Duty Free shop, and go right).
Thank you both. I was tempted just to slog over to A from the start, and deal with SEN A if there was more of a crowd there. But now I'm feeling like the WL is the right idea, especially since you say re-clearing security might only take 15 minutes (I'm in J so will have priority access). I'll have to do security/passport check in all cases, so why not gamble for the more relaxed lounge.

Cheers to all. Here's hoping for that occasional Z arrival!
Old May 14, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Regarding limousine transfer for F-class at FRA outside the FCT: Been looking through lot of threads and there seems to be some conflicting information. LH pages state that limousine service is only available from the FCT or the FCL in B. However, others are reporting transfers from FCLA to their plane as well. Question is: If I arrive from Schengen into the A concourse and have a First Class departure from a B-gate: Will I be driven to my B concourse departure if I go to the FCL in A? I doubt I'll time to trek over to the FCT.

Last edited by Ezeiza; May 14, 2018 at 2:49 pm Reason: typo
Old May 14, 2018, 5:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Ezeiza
Regarding limousine transfer for F-class at FRA outside the FCT: Been looking through lot of threads and there seems to be some conflicting information. LH pages state that limousine service is only available from the FCT or the FCL in B. However, others are reporting transfers from FCLA to their plane as well. Question is: If I arrive from Schengen into the A concourse and have a First Class departure from a B-gate: Will I be driven to my B concourse departure if I go to the FCL in A? I doubt I'll time to trek over to the FCT.
The FCL A is in Schengen. Passengers on a Schengen flight departing from an apron position will be driven to the plane from the FCL A. They cannot drive anyone flying to a non-Schengen destination from the FCL A since there is no passport control facility when leaving the lounge.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: SK Diamond *G
The FCL A is in Schengen. Passengers on a Schengen flight departing from an apron position will be driven to the plane from the FCL A. They cannot drive anyone flying to a non-Schengen destination from the FCL A since there is no passport control facility when leaving the lounge.
Thanks for clarifying! Was not aware that FCL A was only Schengen and without passport control.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ezeiza
Thanks for clarifying! Was not aware that FCL A was only Schengen and without passport control.
Before the new FCL opened LH had hoped that it would have a similar arrangement as the FCL in MUC with its own passport control within the lounge. The actual lounge is on the upper floor (non-Schengen level) but they were going to have entrances on both Schengen and non-Schengen levels. However the local police would not allow this arrangement so the only entrance is on the Schengen level and the lounge is a Schengen lounge.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am arriving in FRA on LH First class and connecting on a separate ticket on LATAM to MAD in the evening of the same day.

Can I still access the FCL in FRA for the duration of my transit in FRA?
Old May 22, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am arriving in FRA on LH First class and connecting on a separate ticket on LATAM to MAD in the evening of the same day.

Yes, in contrast to most other lounges, which are departure lounges only, the FCLs can be used as arrival lounges.

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-types-and-access
Old May 22, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Yes, you can use the FCL’s as an arrival lounge

If you wish to spend the entire time there before your LATAM flight to MAD you can.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Before the new FCL opened LH had hoped that it would have a similar arrangement as the FCL in MUC with its own passport control within the lounge. The actual lounge is on the upper floor (non-Schengen level) but they were going to have entrances on both Schengen and non-Schengen levels. However the local police would not allow this arrangement so the only entrance is on the Schengen level and the lounge is a Schengen lounge.
One could just wish/ hope that LH would sit down with FRAPORT & fix some of these issues.

Maybe print off some of these threads & say, ‘Why don’t we try & make it easy ala MUC ‘

LH pay the bills at FRA
hugolover and worldclubber like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:33 pm

FC Lounge

Hello Everybody,

I will arriving to Z concourse nonschengen then I have 3:40 connection for a First Class flight in the same concourse. Will I have time to make it to the FCL at B Concourse then come back? Or should I just stay at the Z Senator Lounge? Or will they drive me back to Z concourse from the FCL?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If you have 3:40 and leave on LH long-haul F, I would suggest you go to the FCL in B, from where they will drive you to Z, or the FCT, which always includes a ride to the plane. Or you check out both. 3:40 is plenty of time.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
FCT would be recommendable if you can enter Schengen. Otherwise FCL B.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:09 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So today just by trying I discovered that as *A G I have access to the SEN lounge in FRA concourse A. I never thought about it before as I thought it was a First Class Lounge. Which makes me realise I actually do not know well the rules for the LH group, despite me flying them often. I always go to the Business lounge.

Is there somewhere a good summary of lounges I am entitled to as *G, regardless of cabin, in FRA (and ZRH) ?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.