Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The A26 lounge is in Schengen which means you will have to go through passport control on arrival while staying airside. If you want a decent breakfast as well as a shower you might like to consider going to the Welcome Lounge.
A question....

We will be arriving at FRA on LH 441 from Houston in business class and have a layover of 3 hours 18 minutes before our connecting flight departs for Venice. We are in business class on the flight to VCE as well.

Will we be able to use the first class/business class Welcome Lounge at FRA?

Many Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon
A question....

We will be arriving at FRA on LH 441 from Houston in business class and have a layover of 3 hours 18 minutes before our connecting flight departs for Venice. We are in business class on the flight to VCE as well.

Will we be able to use the first class/business class Welcome Lounge at FRA?

Many Thanks!
There is no such thing as a "first class/business class Welcome Lounge"..

There is a "Welcome lounge", which is for LH Longhaul Business/First, as well as FTL/SEN/HON travellers. A few Non-LH-flights (United) are also included in the access permissions.

So yes, you'll have access. Even though you might prefer to use the Business lounge at A26 for a shower, they're nicer there, and with enough time to spare and your flight to VCE going off from an A-Gate most probably, might even safe you some hassle..
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Don't listen to those that moan about the biz class product on LH. If this is your first time you'll love the experience above economy. The A380 is an experience too, much more pleasant in biz than econ.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
http://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-er...lughafen/30589

Sorry to say so, but you're wrong on this.

At least the (really nice) new Business lounge at A26 does have sleeping rooms (Ruheräume) - so if he wanted to nap for 1-2 hours, it might be the better choice than the arrival lounge.
I had a mole in FRA yesterday to check the sleeping rooms (or 'relaxing rooms' as LH call them ) in the A26 lounge and they are indeed there but were locked. The keys are available from the shower counter.

However, according to LH's lounge finder the A13 BIZ lounge also has a 'relaxing room' which I find hard to believe. When the new Pier A/Z lounges opened I walked around all the new lounges (with the exception of Z50 BIZ lounge which I could only see from the entrance) and did not notice any sleeping rooms or even reclining chairs in the A13 BIZ lounge. I haven't been there since but wonder if someone might like to check and report back. The Z50 and A50 SEN lounges have darkened areas at the far end with day beds.

Or we could perhaps start LH lounge directories like these?
BA lounge guides
BA lounge focus threads

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 27, 2014 at 2:01 pm
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
There is no such thing as a "first class/business class Welcome Lounge"..
Obviously yet another misunderstanding.....

But thank you anyway with regard to the info concerning the Business lounge at A26.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Is the Air Canada lounge open to you? If so, i'd try and go in there. I thought the food was better in there than in the LH Senator lounge last week.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I had a mole in FRA yesterday to check the sleeping rooms (or 'relaxing rooms' as LH call them ) in the A26 lounge and they are indeed there but were locked. The keys are available from the shower counter.
Always found that rooms locked, and always wondered how actually sleepy are, but didn't want to ask the key just for the sake to visit them.
BTW the A26 Biz lounge is the best for the tarmac view and if the wind is right a great take-off vantage point.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:30 am

The new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is fantastic! Not crowded, really friendly welcome, vast selection of food, modern-sophisticated interior... My go to lounge in FRA!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Agree. I was there for the first time last week and loved it.
Semi-private sleeping rooms with headset and TV are sweet, but the blast came from those yummy fatty chip cookies. Couple it with that weird outdoor magazines full of extreme stuff only Canadians can do and I felt suddenly in Canada.
Sadly, my destination was way less exciting.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
I had a mole in FRA yesterday to check the sleeping rooms (or 'relaxing rooms' as LH call them ) in the A26 lounge and they are indeed there but were locked.
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Always found that rooms locked
I do use these rooms frequently, they are very comfy for connects too short to go landside. Simply ask for the key at the shower counter, same procedure as for taking a shower. The rooms contain a 'bed' (leather coated mattress) about one meter wide, and you get a fresh blanket, the same they hand out in Economy during European flights. The bed can be used as a sofa (it has a backrest on the long side), and there is a small table and a mirror in there. That's about it.

I must admit I dislike the idea of people going around and trying to see whether these rooms are open or locked, as the two of you indicated doing. The rooms are always looked when not in use, and probably most of the times when in use. You trying the handle means someone using them potentially wakes up from the sound, or they forgot to lock the room and you'll walk in on them sleeping. Neither is something I'd appreciate when using the room.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Zeehe
I must admit I dislike the idea of people going around and trying to see whether these rooms are open or locked, as the two of you indicated doing. The rooms are always looked when not in use, and probably most of the times when in use. You trying the handle means someone using them potentially wakes up from the sound, or they forgot to lock the room and you'll walk in on them sleeping. Neither is something I'd appreciate when using the room.
What makes you think my 'mole' tried the handle to check if the door was locked? I think he said there was a sign that it was locked.

This is different from the sleeping rooms in the FCL/FCT where the door is left open when the room is not in use and when it is there's a sign on the handle to indicate the room is in use.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
It's your honeymoon! Get a dayroom at the Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn and enjoy married life
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
What makes you think my 'mole' tried the handle to check if the door was locked? I think he said there was a sign that it was locked.
Great to hear if this is not the case. What made me think that is that I don't remember any signs there, so I took it the only way to find out is to actually try. @:-) No offense intended.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:14 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Hi All,

We will be arriving at FRA T1 on QR from DOH & connecting (separate ticket) to TLL on LH. All via Business Class.

Seems A26 LH Business lounge is the best choice, is that right? We have a long layover so a decent brekkie & good showers are important. We have no *A elite status & we do not know FRA that well, so any advice is very welcome please ^
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Hi All,

We will be arriving at FRA T1 on QR from DOH & connecting (separate ticket) to TLL on LH. All via Business Class.

Seems A26 LH Business lounge is the best choice, is that right? We have a long layover so a decent brekkie & good showers are important. We have no *A elite status & we do not know FRA that well, so any advice is very welcome please ^
Your options will be the Business Lounges above A26 or between the duty free shop and A13. I agree that the A26 lounge is the best but TLL flights often use a bus departure gate which could be a long walk from A26.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.