Do cheap LH short haul flights include checked baggage?

Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Do cheap LH short haul flights include checked baggage?

Sorry if this seems like a daft question, but I'm just aware of the ongoing race to the bottom that everyone's engaging in right now...

If I book a 'cheap' Lufthansa flight (Economy Saver) from London to Munich, I still get a free checked bag, right?

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Yes, you get one bag.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Free-baggage-rules
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Only the LX saver fares ex GVA (in competition to EZY) have some luggage restrictons, so far all LH fares include free luggage, even if you get moved to 4U.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:24 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
It's amazing to see how easy it was to ruin LH's image as a full service airline.

Just a few years ago nobody would have pondered this question since there was a clear distinction between LH and the LCCs. The boundary has become blurred in the meanwhile.

HTB.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by htb
It's amazing to see how easy it was to ruin LH's image as a full service airline.

Just a few years ago nobody would have pondered this question since there was a clear distinction between LH and the LCCs. The boundary has become blurred in the meanwhile.

HTB.
I don't think this has anything to do with LH's image. The question may have arisen by the fact that other "full service airlines" such as BA are now offering hand baggage only fares.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nly-fares.html
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by htb
It's amazing to see how easy it was to ruin LH's image as a full service airline...
Well to be fair ... the boutique daughter LX sets the LCC trends for LH .

With RyanAir seating to come very soon on the 777s .
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I don't think this has anything to do with LH's image. The question may have arisen by the fact that other "full service airlines" such as BA are now offering hand baggage only fares..
Yes LH is indeed not the only and not the first one down the spiral ... but they made little effort to counteract the trend and distance themselves from the NonstopBoo crowd.

Why does everyone who has not even seen a JetBlue plane know that they offer free checked luggage. And why would no one ask the above question when riding SQ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.