Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Understanding PartnerPlusBenefit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

using PPB points I understand you can only upgrade from Biz to First from booking class D.
I can understand this if PPB levels are the same as normal mileage tickets.

However, our local PPB site states the following:

Business
Bus. Discounted

Giving 2 different point requirements for upgrades.

I will write to them and post back here.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I can understand this if PPB levels are the same as normal mileage tickets.

However, our local PPB site states the following:

Business
Bus. Discounted

Giving 2 different point requirements for upgrades.

I will write to them and post back here.
Our local PPB site(Spain) also states the same but in the past I have always upgraded from Bus. Discounted to First(on top of a few upgrades from Eco to Biz) and I understand that, while in Swiss you can upgrade from P to F using miles or evouchers, to be able to upgrade using PPB points you need to buy at least D.

Edit - In the PPB webpage(Spain) there is a spreadsheet indicating what booking codes can be upgraded.
From Biz to First in Swiss is C and J(Business) and D(Business Discounted).
On other airlines upgrades to F are also possible from Z and even P.

Last edited by more4less; Nov 29, 2014 at 6:25 am Reason: add info
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Hi Guys,

I am really thinking that PPB is the biggest Scam ever ! I have points expiring soon and I am trying to get an upgrade but none of the flight can be confirmed !!!

I do not see why M&M and PPB are not sharing the same flight availability as at the end it is the same : business class booking is I

I asked the LH agent what can I do about the miles expiring and she replies that I can buy "lounge access" : very usefull when you are SEN !!!

I am wondering how do you check the PPB availability ? Then I log on I have no link to check the availability ?

Matbkk
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
Hi Guys,

I am really thinking that PPB is the biggest Scam ever ! I have points expiring soon and I am trying to get an upgrade but none of the flight can be confirmed !!!

I do not see why M&M and PPB are not sharing the same flight availability as at the end it is the same : business class booking is I

I asked the LH agent what can I do about the miles expiring and she replies that I can buy "lounge access" : very usefull when you are SEN !!!

I am wondering how do you check the PPB availability ? Then I log on I have no link to check the availability ?

Matbkk
I must say, I am very pleased with PPB. I have 3/3 upgrade success. I normally check availability first before buying and buy an upgradable fare.

First 2 where confirmed instantly, the last one waitlisted and cleared after 4 days or so.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
I must say, I am very pleased with PPB. I have 3/3 upgrade success. I normally check availability first before buying and buy an upgradable fare.
Thanks for your reply. That's my point, how are you checking the availability ?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Very strange.
I used PPB points many times for tickets and for Y->C and also for C->F upgrades and every single time I got what I requested. Last time it was in November 2014.
But it was also done manually by Lufthansa local office, who made me reservation after what I sent the e-mail to PPB customer service, they deducted points and issued ticket.
My opinion was even opposite --> PPB availability is better than M&M SEN, but that is just a guess.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
My opinion was even opposite --> PPB availability is better than M&M SEN, but that is just a guess.
You are maybe right.
But as exemple for Business the upgrade class is "I" for both M&M and PPB. Why they would not give the PPB ticket when the M&M ticket is available ?

My guess is that PPB Staff have more power to release a seat than M&M Staff.

A "disavantage" of PPB is that you can use their service only during their opening hours so you cannot really get last minute upgrade.

An advantage if I am not wrong the upgradable classes are very large compared to M&M.

Mat
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
PPB availability is fantasitc.
I recently booked a DUS-MUC flight which was J0C0D0Y0 in revenue classes, but I managed to get a PPB I class award!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
Thanks for your reply. That's my point, how are you checking the availability ?
Call or mail, works well :-)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Call or mail, works well :-)
In Belgium maybe, my PPB head office is in Thailand and it is not the most efficient.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Had same issue here. M&M showing plenty of availability for upgrades (ZRH-NRT), but they didn't go thru with PPB. I bought economy tickets based on that assumption... and I got stuck in economy.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN*
I have used PPB upgrades Y->C on FRA/MUC-ORD and ORD-FRA/MUC. Every single time I requested one I got one, maybe 10 times last year.

I never checked availability, I just requested to be waitlisted on booking class I and usually 3 days before the flight the upgrade cleared. However, waitlisting on booking class I may only be available to SENs.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:38 pm

I finally got my upgrade BKKVIE 2 days before departure and ZRHNYC also 2 days before departure.
The system works ! The problem is in case that you need to contact your country PPB office to issue the ticket ; it could be very annoying for a last minute upgrade if you are at the other end of the world.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:58 pm

PPB Upgrade Chart

Hi,

In the PPB upgrade chart there is a difference of points needed for an upgrade depending of your class of travel :

Business Class 1
Business Class 2
&
Economy Class 1
Economy Class 2

Does someone has an idea of corresponding classes in all group ?

Mat
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:31 pm

There should be a link with the booking class break down somewhere on PPB (drop down table).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.