Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
11 posts pertaining to the detailled discussion of the food served (or not served) have been moved here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...rst-class.html

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Tony3021990

Flew LH347 ORD - MUC on the new a350-900 in biz.....god awful experience. They were short 2 people so they told us at the beginning they wont be able to serve breakfast. The drawers in the unit were falling apart. Then when i land, LH texts me they forgot to load my bag. It game 6hrs later and they still have yet to deliver it to my hotel. Ive been waiting since sunday (Tuesday 11am currently) to deliver my bags. Had important meetings i had to do in shorts and t-shirt. I will never fly LH again.

Its great that they could give a chit about customer service. I even asked if i could come to MUC airport to get my bag and they said no....still haven't heard from the hotel if it arrived. They promised me yesterday 3pm.....nothing.

update: the german factory guys are trying to help me here and lufthansa said not our problem anymore, they handed it off to a courier and the courier wont answer their phones. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes, Lufthansa is truly a 5 star airline now. I am having better experiences on mainland Chinese airlines. Never thought that would happen.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tony3021990

Flew LH347 ORD - MUC on the new a350-900 in biz.....god awful experience. They were short 2 people so they told us at the beginning they wont be able to serve breakfast. The drawers in the unit were falling apart. Then when i land, LH texts me they forgot to load my bag. It game 6hrs later and they still have yet to deliver it to my hotel. Ive been waiting since sunday (Tuesday 11am currently) to deliver my bags. Had important meetings i had to do in shorts and t-shirt. I will never fly LH again.

Its great that they could give a chit about customer service. I even asked if i could come to MUC airport to get my bag and they said no....still haven't heard from the hotel if it arrived. They promised me yesterday 3pm.....nothing.

update: the german factory guys are trying to help me here and lufthansa said not our problem anymore, they handed it off to a courier and the courier wont answer their phones. This is absolutely ridiculous.
why didn't you buy some nice new things in MUC? LH will pay for these. The 2 short and poor service is indeed very unusual.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cfischer
why didn't you buy some nice new things in MUC? LH will pay for these. The 2 short and poor service is indeed very unusual.
Exactly, LH or travel insurance will cover necessary items.

2 crew short doesn’t even sound legal, let alone unusual & skipping an entire service, bizarre
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
J - differences on LH planes

Hi,

Could anyone share experiences with different J cabins on LH planes, based on type and age of aircraft?

Is there a lot of difference in cabin and experience between, for instance, the upper-deck of a 747-400 retrofitted J cabin, and the new 350-900 J cabin?
Also, is there a lot of difference in the upper-deck of the 747-4 and the 747-8?

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
There are only fine nuances.

1) Seat is generally the same
2) Some seat pairs will have the footrests joined, others not (refer to seatmaps)
3) Some window seats on A380 and B748 will have storage on side of window, creating extra space
4) Some monitors will be larger eg A359 larger than B744
5) some planes have Business middle seats (B744)

other FTers pls expand...
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
There are very few large airlines with such a consistent J product across the fleet. The differences are negligible.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
There are very few large airlines with such a consistent J product across the fleet. The differences are negligible.
And when I fly J, this is why I prefer LH. Polaris is almost certainly superior... when you manage to get it.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:13 am

Snacks

Regarding snack between main meals on LH planes. A350 has small “buffet” thing where they put drinks, chips, apples etc. Few times when flying 747 (upper deck) they put olives and almonds at the rear of the cabin. Besides that when I asked about any snack usual response was “we have only chocolate” or “we don’t have anything”.
In Menu LH always writes that they have snacks mid flight - is it somehow airplane dependent/crew dependent or they just usually don’t have anything?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite
And when I fly J, this is why I prefer LH. Polaris is almost certainly superior... when you manage to get it.
Exactly, LH‘s J product is not top notch, but very consistent. Better the devil you know, I guess.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Exactly, LH‘s J product is not top notch, but very consistent. Better the devil you know, I guess.
TBF this works only because LH J is passable. If it was the UA dorm room J, it would be off limits. Consistency be damned.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by sophialite
TBF this works only because LH J is passable. If it was the UA dorm room J, it would be off limits. Consistency be damned.
I flew a United 777 on last Friday. I was in Economy and walked through the J section, which is what I assume you call dorm room. 8 J seats in each row, and I honestly think I’d rather do a Y aisle seat than sitting between strangers in those J seats. They looked awfully tight...

I’m flying FRA-ICN on the upper-deck of a 747-400 with lufty soon. I believe lufty has a good seat when one is flying two together and wants to be a bit social and talk...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen
I flew a United 777 on last Friday. I was in Economy and walked through the J section, which is what I assume you call dorm room. 8 J seats in each row, and I honestly think I’d rather do a Y aisle seat than sitting between strangers in those J seats. They looked awfully tight...

I’m flying FRA-ICN on the upper-deck of a 747-400 with lufty soon. I believe lufty has a good seat when one is flying two together and wants to be a bit social and talk...
Frankly it's pathetic that United tried to pass that for business class. They lost me as a loyal Continental customer when they did that.

Lufthansa isn't the best ever. Could be 1-2-1, but it's acceptable.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:11 pm

The new LH business class will start around October 2020 on the new B779 and will be much better than the actual LH business class. Just in case you have time to wait.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Back to the topic... The 'let my feet meet your feet' (i.e. /\) configuration is really weird. I think, I even prefer UA's 8 across seating...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.