Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0
just for me to understand the excitement level for the new C/CL which I do not share: Who of you asking here about the refurbishment status have actually already flown in this and find it superior to old C/CL in aspects of ability to sleep, comfort, space, privacy.
Many here seem so excited about the new C/CL.. I think it is subpar.
Have been in new C on 748 and 333. Definitely a huge step up compared to old C, especially the lower deck middle seat in the 748.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
just for me to understand the excitement level for the new C/CL which I do not share: Who of you asking here about the refurbishment status have actually already flown in this and find it superior to old C/CL in aspects of ability to sleep, comfort, space, privacy.
Well, I found new C on the A340-300 to be quite a bit better when compared with old C on the A380.

I slept well on the 343 but had great difficulty attempting to sleep on the 388......
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Flew old C after a long time, and I appreciate the new product even more now. So much better to sleep.

Not happy with 747-400s flying MAA-FRA. Now if only I get to fly F
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold
I just flew new Biz class on A333 IAD-MUC; I agree with the observations made here. A few additional points:

- I was in a G seat, middle pair with aisle access, no one in 'partner' seat. Nice.
- Power outlet is the "multi" outlet type of socket (my term!); that is, the kind that accomodates rwo round-prong European or two flat-prong No. American plugs
- IFE resolution is good and headsets are decent, but selection still sucks. Screens are kind of angled until you pull one edge out to face you . Weird.
- Lie-flat seat was a great change; I'm shorter than average but broad shoulders, so I had to put down the aisle armrest to get in. It was still tight but restful.
- Last (small) note: it sure is nice to visit a lavatory with a window in it!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
I've flown a fair amount of both old and new C and prefer the new C by a large margin.

I find both space and comfort much superior to the old Recaro, although I will qualify that: 1) I am usually flying with my better half (the lovely OCT) and we have only flown the middle pair on the 748i, which definitely has more personal space; 2) neither of us are tall (I'm 1.65m, OCT is just over 1.5m).

Not to your question, but I think the updated soft product in the new C has been fantastic.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
LH new C A346 and B748i review

Flew solo in new LH C on A346 MUC-ICN and B748i ICN-FRA upper deck.

I´m 177cm normal shoulders (not broad).

A346 D-AIHR was my favourite:
+ better resolution monitor.
+ window seat pairs have their own foot space
- middle seat pair share foot space with small divider and plays footsie.
+ cabin had more modern feeling than 0.7y. old B748I D-ABYM.
+ service starts from row 3 (not from back galley to front). I was in 5K.
+ three windows.
+ on A346 you can adjust the firmness/ softness of seat. this made sitting more comfortable.
- seat is firm on flat position from your waist to feet.
- seat is narrow for sleeping.
- there is not much space for shoulders when lying on back.
- there were difficulties for me to put my arms to rest position when lying on my right side; armrest was down, put it stops 5cm higher than seat´s edge.
+ lying on my left side was bit easier.
- when flat position, seat pounces easily when FA from F goes fast every ten minutes on night flight.
- (constant overhead locker banging 1.5 hours from one pax during flight easily heard, even I had earplugs and BOSE headphones).
- (UM ripping of ones plastic cup 2 hours during night flight when watching Harry Potter kept awake the whole cabin. I stepped out and took the empty cup away).
- when aisle seat is in flat position, it is challenging to get out to toilet. No problem for me though.
- IFE only 1-3 new movies and a lot of old series from 80`s. What???
- Dinner two main courses same like SAS C offers (meat or fish), I took Korean bibimbap, it had better presentation, whole new large tray and was tasty. If you go for meat or fish, FA gives you main meal into table where all trashes are, just like SAS does.
- your seat moves easily when neighbour moves ones waist.
- your monitor moves easily side to side when person in front has reclined and moves ones shoulders.
- I missed wider seat when reclining to flat position. SAS old C had more space.
- no privacy for solo traveler. Better travel with my spouse.

B748i
- upperdeck and playing footsie when flat position.
+ side bins are large for window seat.
- monitor has low resolution.
- no seat firmness adjust.
- service starts from row 81, I was on 87K.
- from windows you see actually easily down, not e.g. terminal buildings.
- galley banging on day flight easily heard.
+ - upper deck is more silent from rows 84-88 and noisier on 81-83.
- I missed wider seat when reclining or in flat position.
- no privacy for solo traveler. Better travel with my spouse.
- small toilet near stairs.
Just my cup of tea.

Last edited by Abducted Alien; Nov 17, 2014 at 2:06 am Reason: not awake yet.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:11 am

Seen some conflicting replies as far as which seat to choose on the updated A380 in C - what's the deal w/ row 25? Is the back end of the cabin more private than the front end? Is the service slower in the back end?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Seen some conflicting replies as far as which seat to choose on the updated A380 in C - what's the deal w/ row 25? Is the back end of the cabin more private than the front end? Is the service slower in the back end?
The small C cabin in the back is more private than the large one in the front. Service begins from the rear on both cabins, so the farer in the back, the better service-wise.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by FollowTheSun
The small C cabin in the back is more private than the large one in the front. Service begins from the rear on both cabins, so the farer in the back, the better service-wise.
Ah, prior to our flight, I wondered about this with regard to the service in C in the rear A380 cabin.....

We were seated in this cabin and the service was prompt, professional and very nice.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:02 pm

In my opinion LH still loose by far compared to TK or Air New Zealand business. For the price LH is charging even new business is a joke. In combination with the low mileage on normal classes for M&M this a joke.

On my race track FRA-ORD I'll now choose LOT and spent alwaysa nice weekend in WAW with my friends.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:46 pm

After reading this forum for a few months I had my trip on the A380 and was fortunate enough to be in the new cabin. I thought I'd share my experience and thoughts (also flew Air Canada and South African Air on the same trip).

Overall I preferred the LH seats to either AC seats or SAA (SAA A340 I found uncomfortable with a bit of a hump in the middle in lay flat more).

I had chosen Row 26 (right behind the exit row) and would recommend that choice. The benefits are there is a cut out giving unlimited leg room (note: they only "opened" the cut out after take off - before that there is a small cushioned wall restricting leg room). Service in that section is back to front to meals come out quickly (found LH service efficient to begin with).

One other tip is the arm rest lowers (push button under the rest and it slides down) - may seem obvious (newbie mistake) but I didn't realize it to the end of the flight and found the seat narrow in sleeping mode and lowering the arm rest would have helped tons. The center seats have seemed to have the legs point to each other while the side seats seemed to have them run parallel (no need to play footsies)

Only other comments was the overhead storage becomes a bit shorter in the back cabin (needed to use the center section bins to fit my backpack - not a real draw back as there was sufficient space). I also found the ride rough (fairly turbulent flight) - not sure if being in the back contributes to this or not.

I'd say I found LH better than either AC or SAA both on the hard product and on the soft product. The Air Canada Lounge in Frankfurt was great though!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: *A G
I was wondering about the luggage space on the new C.

I will fly LH711 (A343) on Sunday. For me it's been a while for C on LH. The last time it was still the A388 with old C.
This time it will most probably be the new C so I have checked the pictures of the new C on the A343 windows side and I had the feeling that my beloved TB Tri-Star might not fit there at all.

Does any of you have an experience with the new C window seat on LH's A343? Would my carry on fit there or I should change to a smaller one

Last edited by gab3c; Feb 18, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is some space under the ottoman in front of you to store a small bag. I have a smallish laptop bag which I keep there for easy access.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: *A G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There is some space under the ottoman in front of you to store a small bag. I have a smallish laptop bag which I keep there for easy access.
Yes that was my feeling as well. Which means my Tom Bihn would not fit when it is full.
Luckily these bags are flexible not like a hardshell case so I will leave a few thing out ^

ps) thank you for moving my post @:-)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I had my first experience in the new LH C on FRA-PVG (A380) last week, and I have to admit I was shocked at how short the seat was. I remember the LH propaganda unit stating that the seat was "almost two metres long", so I assumed a 1.90m person wouldn't have much trouble fitting in. However, it seems that anyone over 1.80m will have a hard time sleeping on their back. To make things worse, the narrow nature of the seat (which wouldn't normally bother me) made it very difficult to sleep on the side as well, because there's no convenient place for your elbow or knees. How this kind of seat design fits the Western demographic is beyond me. I'm giving the seat another go on A346 next week, so we'll see how it goes, but I definitely don't see myself paying the premium LH is asking for this kind of experience in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.